YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 0:12 Quote
I'm also considering an angleset. Which version do I need for the 2016 Jeffsy? Is this a correct size?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/20-degree-ec44-ec49-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-355-p.asp

Does anyone have experience of angleset in Jeffsy?

I'm putting a coil shock, angleset and a 150mm air shaft for the Pike. Hope it's a good combo Smile Maybe a Luftkappe as well.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 0:12 Quote
Wale wrote:

Bummer there is only Super Deluxe coil specific Jeffsy tune for 27.5" and not 29"

The Jeffsy 27 Rockshox coil is the one I bought and used for a year or so on my Capra 29. Worked absolutely great. Small bumps, big hits - it ate them all up. Even helped with the climbing traction.

I doubt us mere mortals could tell the difference between a 27 and 29 tune.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 0:20 Quote
TheRealJuhana wrote:
I'm also considering an angleset. Which version do I need for the 2016 Jeffsy? Is this a correct size?

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/20-degree-ec44-ec49-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-355-p.asp

I'm putting a coil shock, angleset and a 150mm air shaft for the Pike. Hope it's a good combo Smile Maybe a Luftkappe as well.

2016 aluminum or carbon fiber frame? You can use an angleset in an aluminum frame, but not a carbon fiber frame.

The aluminum headset is ZS44/ZS56

Those are great additions to your Jeffsy. You can use the DebonAir air shaft upgrade in the Pike or the Luftkappe. Similar results - either one is a noticeable improvement.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 0:32 Quote
kwapik wrote:
TheRealJuhana wrote:

2016 aluminum or carbon fiber frame? You can use an angleset in an aluminum frame, but not a carbon fiber frame.

Those are great additions to your Jeffsy. You can use the DebonAir air shaft upgrade in the Pike or the Luftkappe. Similar results - either one is a noticeable improvement.

Thanks. I have the aluminium, but apparently Works don't make it in that size.

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 1:53 Quote
kwapik wrote:
You use the EC44/ZS56 headset. I don't know what degree set (1°, 1.5°, 2°) you want, but here's the 1° set:

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/10-degree-ec44-zs56-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-1160-p.asp

I used the 2° set myself.

https://www.workscomponents.co.uk/20-degree-ec44-zs56-angle-headset---to-suit-tapered-steerer-tube-945-p.asp

Awesome! Thanks a lot, bought the 2° as well

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 3:08 Quote
kwapik wrote:
Wale wrote:

Bummer there is only Super Deluxe coil specific Jeffsy tune for 27.5" and not 29"

The Jeffsy 27 Rockshox coil is the one I bought and used for a year or so on my Capra 29. Worked absolutely great. Small bumps, big hits - it ate them all up. Even helped with the climbing traction.

I doubt us mere mortals could tell the difference between a 27 and 29 tune.

Well, it is 230x65mm and at least the 2019 Jeffsy 29 uses a 210mm e2e shock

Posted: Sep 18, 2019 at 4:12 Quote
kwapik wrote:
TheRealJuhana wrote:

Ridiculous that the aluminum model has a headset that you can replace with something other than Acros and for the carbon models it’s basically a big screw you you’re stuck with our crappy Acros bearings. A millimetre is literally what separates having to use the Acros headsets and being able to use several different headsets. Must have gotten a good deal on the Acros stuff...

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:47 Quote
Well, despite DHL UK being rubbish, it's finally here!

A quick unpack and build up, I know the saddle's not straight - it's getting stripped to a bare frame at the weekend for invisiframe to be fitted and then for a few parts to be changed - groupset, brakes, tyres, bar & stem, plus a few other bits.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 6:57 Quote
Oh no!!! You got the wrong colour Razz :P:P Looks awesome! Big Grin Big Grin

I have my shipping reference number, but still not left the factory yet.

What tyres are you going for? I might actually give the E13's a chance.

I don't plan to change anything, but suspect I'll end up with XT brakes in a few months and perhaps a 30t chainring.

Going to try Saint M820 pedals.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 7:03 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Oh no!!! You got the wrong colour Razz :P:P Big Grin Big Grin

I have my shipping reference number, but still not left the factory yet.

What tyres are you going for? I might actually give the E13's a chance.

I don't plan to change anything, but suspect I'll end up with XT brakes in a few months and perhaps a 30t chainring.

Going to try Saint M820 pedals.
No no no, that is very much the right colour Big Grin

I've heard the E13 tyres are pretty draggy and I've been wanting to try out the vittoria martello, I'll be fitting rimpact inserts front and rear too.

Then bar and stem will be changed to Oneup components bar and stem as I want to put my edc tool in the Headtube, cassette, mech and shifter for sram eagle (the 32/46 isn't low enough for me on the 29er), brakes for Hope V4's and also a oneup v2 bash guard.

Essentially this is my dream bike and apart from a reverb AXS and AXS shifter/mech, the above is the perfect spec. I'll probably wait to see if RS release a 200mm reverb AXS before buying one.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
I finally got around to putting invisiframe on my jeffsy. It managed to survive without it for 6 months or so with only minor blemishes!

I got the matte finish. I think it looks excellent. You can't even tell it's there unless you look closely.

For those installing, I took off all of the existing protective film except the drive-side chainstay . It's wrapped beneath the chainstay guard and that is glued in place, so I just stuck the invisiframe on top! I'm a duckfooted rider and get a lot of heel rub there anyway, so I don't mind doubling up.

Take your time to get all the bubbles out. If you do happen to notice a bubble after everything has set (but it hasn't dried yet), you can use a pin or pick, put a TINY hole in the protectant, then use the squeegee to get the water/air out. Then press real hard and you can't tell the hole is there. Sorta like draining a blister on your finger.

Removing that old film and glue residue left behind was a beating and the most tedious part of the process by far.

Jeffsy protected via invisiframe
Jeffsy, protected via invisiframe!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 8:30 Quote
Mine is with DHL, hopefully it will be here next week. I think I’ll stick on a Magic Mary and Hans Damf off the bat. Can’t Bloody wait!

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 9:03 Quote
tallpaul-s wrote:
I've heard the E13 tyres are pretty draggy and I've been wanting to try out the vittoria martello, ...

I’ve been looking at the Martello as well, once you’ve tried them please report back and give us a review.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 at 10:14 Quote
serveace wrote:
I finally got around to putting invisiframe on my jeffsy. It managed to survive without it for 6 months or so with only minor blemishes!

I got the matte finish. I think it looks excellent. You can't even tell it's there unless you look closely.

For those installing, I took off all of the existing protective film except the drive-side chainstay . It's wrapped beneath the chainstay guard and that is glued in place, so I just stuck the invisiframe on top! I'm a duckfooted rider and get a lot of heel rub there anyway, so I don't mind doubling up.

Take your time to get all the bubbles out. If you do happen to notice a bubble after everything has set (but it hasn't dried yet), you can use a pin or pick, put a TINY hole in the protectant, then use the squeegee to get the water/air out. Then press real hard and you can't tell the hole is there. Sorta like draining a blister on your finger.

Removing that old film and glue residue left behind was a beating and the most tedious part of the process by far.

Perfectly timed post!

I'll be doing mine myself, I'll be spending several hours in a locked room with some soapy water and my bare, naked frame... Big Grin

I noticed the decent amount of frame tape on my bike, on the downtube etc - did you remove all of this bar the chainstay?

Also, I noticed the rubber drive side protectors needed properly pushing into place on mine, the edges weren't stuck properly. Might get a hairdryer to them once I've done the invisiframe.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.013705
Mobile Version of Website