YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Author Message
Posted: Sep 30, 2019 at 9:14 Quote
OK, so I just checked my pressure with a different shock pump, same pressure. Just let all the air out the fork then re-inflated it, equalising the Chambers every 20 psi or so. I'm now at the recommended 80psi, with sag at a couple of mm more than I was seeing at 97psi. So, not sure what was going on there, maybe the negative chamber hadn't equalised properly? Rebound set to the correct level, 6 and 5 LSR and HSR respectively. I do like a fork that doesn't pack down so we'll see how that feels!

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 5:40 Quote
DigitlBikr wrote:
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a DVO Jade but I'm not sure what spring I need. I weigh about 155-160 fully loaded riding weight, and would like to get the lightest spring possible in terms of weight (so probably a VALT spring?). Any recommendations? I have the V1 2018 Jeffsy. Thanks!
I tried a CC DBinline with a 350 spring, to soft, I weigh about 155 ith riding gear.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 9:35 Quote
Has anyone switched out their e13 dropper post for a fox one by just switching the dropper posts and not the cabling? I’m trying to make the switch now from my 2018-2019 and noticed the e13 has that screw in part to the bottom of the post... is this a problem? Thanks

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 11:27 Quote
alanme wrote:
DigitlBikr wrote:
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a DVO Jade but I'm not sure what spring I need. I weigh about 155-160 fully loaded riding weight, and would like to get the lightest spring possible in terms of weight (so probably a VALT spring?). Any recommendations? I have the V1 2018 Jeffsy. Thanks!
I tried a CC DBinline with a 350 spring, to soft, I weigh about 155 ith riding gear.

400 would be perfect I’m 160 with a v1 400 is good! You could buy my whole bike and I’ll include the spring! Lol

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 11:51 Quote
Sneads wrote:
Has anyone switched out their e13 dropper post for a fox one by just switching the dropper posts and not the cabling? I’m trying to make the switch now from my 2018-2019 and noticed the e13 has that screw in part to the bottom of the post... is this a problem? Thanks

Yeah it will be… I got my first gen Race Face Turbine, replaced under warrantee, with the newer version which is a RF branded Fox Transfer. The cable on that works the other way, so you will the get a new dropper lever that can clamp the cable.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 12:56 Quote
Sneads wrote:
Has anyone switched out their e13 dropper post for a fox one by just switching the dropper posts and not the cabling? I’m trying to make the switch now from my 2018-2019 and noticed the e13 has that screw in part to the bottom of the post... is this a problem? Thanks

In my experience switching out the dropper, you have to remove the inner cable to get the attachment barrel from the e-thirteen post off. Unless you don't mind the barrel just floating around in your seat tube, then it's a super easy swap. I guess if you didn't care about the e-thirteen post at all you could break/cut that barrel off the inner cable without removing it.

Since I switched out both the dropper and lever I just pulled the inner cable all the way out leaving the cable housing untouched.

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 18:37 Quote
Has anyone here tried using an offset bushing to slacken the head angle of the jeffsy?

Here's a link for reference
https://www.offsetbushings.com/products/offset-bushings-yt-jeffsy

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 20:26 Quote
mikepal wrote:
Sneads wrote:
Has anyone switched out their e13 dropper post for a fox one by just switching the dropper posts and not the cabling? I’m trying to make the switch now from my 2018-2019 and noticed the e13 has that screw in part to the bottom of the post... is this a problem? Thanks

In my experience switching out the dropper, you have to remove the inner cable to get the attachment barrel from the e-thirteen post off. Unless you don't mind the barrel just floating around in your seat tube, then it's a super easy swap. I guess if you didn't care about the e-thirteen post at all you could break/cut that barrel off the inner cable without removing it.

Since I switched out both the dropper and lever I just pulled the inner cable all the way out leaving the cable housing untouched.

Yeah I saw that! Thanks. I was more nervous about the length of the post since the seattube length drops 45mm from 2018 to 2019 & the fox is a longer post

Posted: Oct 1, 2019 at 21:05 Quote
Interesting to see the different seat tube angles between the old and new jeff. Really easy to see in the side by side pic, thanks for posting.

As for the e13 dropper..... its ok. lever feels great but having a (from memory) 1.5nm torque bolt go into plastic isnt that great, failed on me but e13 did replace no dramas. Also the 4 position thing..... worked well enough for me for a while.

Now changed to wolf tooth lever and a one up 170mm drop and haven't looked back loads better IMO.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 7:18 Quote
Anyone know how many tokens come as stock in the CF Pro Race 29 in the fox 36's? My sag is nicely set but I'm already using 80% of the travel on pretty mellow local stuff, no real drops or anything. Thinking I'll be needing some more progression.

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 10:56 Quote
Hey guys!
My 29 pro race should arrive next week(ish) and I wonder if I can install a RF NextR crank with a non-boost chainring (absolute black oval 32t). Has anyone done it? (I'm picking the Next because I got one with 170mm and I'm tired of getting damaged by pedalstrikes...)

Besides that I'm switiching the Guides for MT5s, up the 36 to 160mm and change the cassette to a XX1 (can live with lower range but crave consistent and precise shifting Wink ). Thinking about offset bushings as well. That thing is gonna rip. ^^

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 11:52 Quote
Ocea-nic wrote:
Hey guys!
My 29 pro race should arrive next week(ish) and I wonder if I can install a RF NextR crank with a non-boost chainring (absolute black oval 32t). Has anyone done it? (I'm picking the Next because I got one with 170mm and I'm tired of getting damaged by pedalstrikes...)

Besides that I'm switiching the Guides for MT5s, up the 36 to 160mm and change the cassette to a XX1 (can live with lower range but crave consistent and precise shifting Wink ). Thinking about offset bushings as well. That thing is gonna rip. ^^

After 5 years of SRAM I’m really not enjoying the Shimano/e thirteen setup... I’m wondering if a new cassette will do the job or just pull the trigger on a derailleur and shifter as well....

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 14:22 Quote
Ocea-nic wrote:
Hey guys!
My 29 pro race should arrive next week(ish) and I wonder if I can install a RF NextR crank with a non-boost chainring (absolute black oval 32t). Has anyone done it? (I'm picking the Next because I got one with 170mm and I'm tired of getting damaged by pedalstrikes...)

Besides that I'm switiching the Guides for MT5s, up the 36 to 160mm and change the cassette to a XX1 (can live with lower range but crave consistent and precise shifting Wink ). Thinking about offset bushings as well. That thing is gonna rip. ^^

Why a non boost chainring? I run the next r with a 30t oval but not sure why you would want to go non boost ring?

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 18:08 Quote
bbc611 wrote:
alanme wrote:
DigitlBikr wrote:
Hi all, I'm thinking of getting a DVO Jade but I'm not sure what spring I need. I weigh about 155-160 fully loaded riding weight, and would like to get the lightest spring possible in terms of weight (so probably a VALT spring?). Any recommendations? I have the V1 2018 Jeffsy. Thanks!
I tried a CC DBinline with a 350 spring, to soft, I weigh about 155 ith riding gear.

400 would be perfect I’m 160 with a v1 400 is good! You could buy my whole bike and I’ll include the spring! Lol

Haha thanks for the context, I'll be looking at that then. Any interest selling just your shock? Wink

Posted: Oct 2, 2019 at 19:47 Quote
As a follow up question, how does this bike pedal with a coil shock? Assuming the sag is properly adjusted between 25-30%, does the pedaling sensation feel similar to an air shock? I've never used a coil shock before.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010285
Mobile Version of Website