YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Oct 20, 2019 at 10:42 Quote
Disregard, found the part!

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 12:48 Quote
Slightly custom Pro Race buildup in progress here! Smile

Does anyone know how to ergonomically matchmake/shiftmix a XTR M9000 trigger to a Magura MT5 lever?
I already figured out I need a new cover for the shifter (34€ o0) and got a I-spec-shiftmix-clamp+adapter from Magura. I ordered a left because if you get it right, the shifter notoriously sits too far to the inside...
Now I can't even install the adapter because the shifter touches the lever - it's not even close. Drives me nuts. I seriously consider a file.
Anyone got a solution? (If figure yes cause most folks will kick the Guides asap.. Wink )

Posted: Oct 21, 2019 at 13:08 Quote
Ocea-nic wrote:

Does anyone know how to ergonomically matchmake/shiftmix a XTR M9000 trigger to a Magura MT5 lever?
I already figured out I need a new cover for the shifter (34€ o0) and got a I-spec-shiftmix-clamp+adapter from Magura. I ordered a left because if you get it right, the shifter notoriously sits too far to the inside...
Now I can't even install the adapter because the shifter touches the lever - it's not even close. Drives me nuts. I seriously consider a file.
Anyone got a solution? (If figure yes cause most folks will kick the Guides asap.. Wink )

3d print your own?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
Ocea-nic wrote:

Get rid of the MT5 levers and replace them with XT or XTR levers. You´ll have better brakes and the triggers will fit

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:38 Quote
Hello, does someone tried to put a 210mm OneUp dropper on their Jeffsy CF 29 mk2 size L ?
I don't know if the bike can accept 297mm for the insert, the e13 dropper (150mm travel) has 267mm max insert.
Thank you for your help.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 5:42 Quote
schwebbs wrote:
Ocea-nic wrote:

Get rid of the MT5 levers and replace them with XT or XTR levers. You´ll have better brakes and the triggers will fit

Magura brakes beat the doors off Shimano. I run MT7s with m8100 levers but I don’t use ispec. I don’t understand the issue with the fit? Do you have very small hands or just don’t like using a clamp?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:09 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
schwebbs wrote:
Ocea-nic wrote:

Magura brakes beat the doors off Shimano. I run MT7s with m8100 levers but I don’t use ispec. I don’t understand the issue with the fit? Do you have very small hands or just don’t like using a clamp?

I have MT7s, but my levers are wonky lately (master cylinder piston stuck leading to lots of play in the lever). I've been considering m8100 levers, but wasn't sure about the feel. Do you get similar brake feel and modulation when you go shigura?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 6:29 Quote
The brakes will feel more like a shimano brake but with more power than a saint.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:39 Quote
Does anyone know if the OneUp pump will fit with the Thirstmaster on the Mk2?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 7:45 Quote
s-g wrote:
Does anyone know if the OneUp pump will fit with the Thirstmaster on the Mk2?

It fits on the Jeffsy 2018 AL with the original Thirstmaster

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 8:22 Quote
I installed a 210mm OneUp post on my Large MK2. It works well....max insertion leaves about 3cm (1 inch) out from the frame.

2019 YT Jeffsy CF Pro shown with a 210mm OneUp dropper post.

AurelFarfadet wrote:
Hello, does someone tried to put a 210mm OneUp dropper on their Jeffsy CF 29 mk2 size L ?
I don't know if the bike can accept 297mm for the insert, the e13 dropper (150mm travel) has 267mm max insert.
Thank you for your help.

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 11:45 Quote
schwebbs wrote:
The brakes will feel more like a shimano brake but with more power than a saint.

yeah, I've heard many good things about Shigura - quite a few strong European riders use it.
Which lever do you recommend?

I'll still try the file first. Wink (cheaper and I'm actually really happy with my MT5s, seem a bit hit or miss but mine work flawlessly)

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 13:18 Quote
mikepal wrote:
I installed a 210mm OneUp post on my Large MK2. It works well....max insertion leaves about 3cm (1 inch) out from the frame.

Thank you for this information. I actually have 260mm between the saddle rail and the top of the frame and the stack heigh of the OneUp 210mm dropper is 243mm. It will be too long if there is 3cm insertion leaves :/ Should I go 210 and reduce the travel or go simply with the 180 ?

Posted: Oct 22, 2019 at 14:59 Quote
I'd go longer and shim it down, since you can shim at 10mm increments. You can't go wrong either way.

AurelFarfadet wrote:
mikepal wrote:

Thank you for this information. I actually have 260mm between the saddle rail and the top of the frame and the stack heigh of the OneUp 210mm dropper is 243mm. It will be too long if there is 3cm insertion leaves :/ Should I go 210 and reduce the travel or go simply with the 180 ?

Posted: Oct 23, 2019 at 12:19 Quote
Ocea-nic wrote:
schwebbs wrote:

yeah, I've heard many good things about Shigura - quite a few strong European riders use it.
Which lever do you recommend?

I'll still try the file first. Wink (cheaper and I'm actually really happy with my MT5s, seem a bit hit or miss but mine work flawlessly)

I run my Shiguras with XT and SLX levers, the lever blades on the XTs have a nicer feel and you get a free stroke adjust on the XTs (which I haven´t needed yet):

These are the XTs I´m running https://www.bike-components.de/de/Shimano/XT-Bremsgriff-BL-M8000-p43935/

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.013523
Mobile Version of Website