YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Oct 29, 2019 at 8:27 Quote
Has anyone used the replacement bearing kit from YT? Did it come with all the bearings?
Mine is missing the number 43 ones on the exploded drawing thingy, smaller ones on the part which connect the seatstay and the seat tube..

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 5:33 Quote
kakkakakka wrote:
Has anyone used the replacement bearing kit from YT? Did it come with all the bearings?
Mine is missing the number 43 ones on the exploded drawing thingy, smaller ones on the part which connect the seatstay and the seat tube..

It should include all bearings, swapped mine out earlier in the season.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 7:05 Quote
I wonder what spacers are people running in DPX2 ?

My '19 Pro Race has grey spacer installed. I wasn't using full travel, so I dropped the PSI a little. Than I noticed I had sag way too deep, over 40%. That explains frequent pedal strikes.
So I'm gonna try purple spacer, or actually I ordered grey one, and I'm gonna run it on the belt sander. I don't need whole set of spacers for $35 and than use just one thin one, or maybe none....
Also, recommended PSI is 220 for me (220lbs ready to ride), but I had to go up to 240 to get it at just a hair over 30% sag. I'm at 18mm now(out of 55mm), so that's probably 31%.

One last thing. That air can is a B*&%& to put back. It took me a while to thread it back. Not looking forward to opening it again. Madder

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 7:24 Quote
Branmuffin wrote:
kakkakakka wrote:

It should include all bearings, swapped mine out earlier in the season.

Yeah i emailed them and they will send me a second kit. Thanks

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 8:18 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:

My '19 Pro Race has grey spacer installed. I wasn't using full travel, so I dropped the PSI a little. Than I noticed I had sag way too deep, over 40%. That explains frequent pedal strikes.
So I'm gonna try purple spacer, or actually I ordered grey one, and I'm gonna run it on the belt sander. I don't need whole set of spacers for $35 and than use just one thin one, or maybe none....
Also, recommended PSI is 220 for me (220lbs ready to ride), but I had to go up to 240 to get it at just a hair over 30% sag. I'm at 18mm now(out of 55mm), so that's probably 31%.

One last thing. That air can is a B*&%& to put back. It took me a while to thread it back. Not looking forward to opening it again. Madder

Hey mate, have you tried running no spacers? The bike is progressive enough that you should be able to for most riding situations, unless you’re a big drop and jump to flat fella.
I ran mine without spacers when I had my DPX2 and was happiest with the performance. I’m 205 geared up for reference.

Screwing the air can back on can be a PITA, just technique and patience. Try referencing where the air can disengages from the threads upon removal. Do your spacer thing then line the can up with afore said reference point for threading on, have your bike against something solid and use one hand to slide forward and the other to twist.

Good luck.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 10:24 Quote
Thanks. I will try no spacers. ANd I'll have the grey one that I will "reduce" Wink I don't do anything major. Regular 5-6 ft drops to transition at most.
ytjodave wrote:
scoobiemario wrote:

Hey mate, have you tried running no spacers? The bike is progressive enough that you should be able to for most riding situations, unless you’re a big drop and jump to flat fella.
I ran mine without spacers when I had my DPX2 and was happiest with the performance. I’m 205 geared up for reference.

Screwing the air can back on can be a PITA, just technique and patience. Try referencing where the air can disengages from the threads upon removal. Do your spacer thing then line the can up with afore said reference point for threading on, have your bike against something solid and use one hand to slide forward and the other to twist.

Good luck.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 11:44 Quote
Evening,

Not had much interest in selling my 2017 Jeffsy 29er... so contemplating splitting it. How much is a Comp 2 Carbon frame worth? New bearings fitted all round and Hope bottom bracket in May.

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 16:13 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Evening,

Not had much interest in selling my 2017 Jeffsy 29er... so contemplating splitting it. How much is a Comp 2 Carbon frame worth? New bearings fitted all round and Hope bottom bracket in May.

Not even sure you can buy yt frames by themselves

Posted: Oct 30, 2019 at 17:55 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Evening,

I'm guessing you're thinking about stripping your frame and selling it...?

I would just call it a 2017 Jeffsy 29er Carbon frame and specify the shock, IMO (all Jeffsy CF 29 frames are of the same mold)

Search the BuySell on here, there's an '18 CF 29 frame for sale for $1600.. adjust your price accordingly.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 1:03 Quote
code26 wrote:
scz4 wrote:
Evening,

Yeah exactly. I'll give it a few weeks, then look to split the bike up and sell the wheels, forks (160mm Pikes) and frame separately.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 6:20 Quote
Just take your time. I had my '17 Cf1 29 for sale for maybe a month. Some lowball offers. Some reasonable buyers. And I sold it to a good home last week. I was asking $2200 and got close to it.
scz4 wrote:
Evening,

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 12:27 Quote
scz4 wrote:
code26 wrote:
scz4 wrote:
Evening,

Yeah exactly. I'll give it a few weeks, then look to split the bike up and sell the wheels, forks (160mm Pikes) and frame separately.

I have to be honest, I have just went back to my Mk.1 from my Mk. 2 and love it, so alive compared to the new one, even treated it to a new cassette, chain and BB, still overall the best bike I have ever owned and it has retired so many bikes that I have tried to replace it with.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 12:54 Quote
@LUCKYMULLEN
Interesting - my experience has been opposite. After 4600+ miles on a medium mk1 29, I now have 250ish miles on a medium mk2 29 and have to say it is a totally superior bike. Anyone wants to buy an mk1 check my add.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 12:59 Quote
ashlemon wrote:
@LUCKYMULLEN
Interesting - my experience has been opposite. After 4600+ miles on a medium mk1 29, I now have 250ish miles on a medium mk2 29 and have to say it is a totally superior bike. Anyone wants to buy an mk1 check my add.
They are both awesome, my Mk. 1 is a bit small for me which probably helps liven it up (although it kills my lower back on big days out), it is a size L whereas my Mk. 2 is an XL. I don't think I will ever let the original one go.

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
I had yesterday first proper ride on the new mk2 CF pro, and it indeed feels different. The steeper seat tube I believe makes the biggest difference, and generally weight balance is more forward than on the mk1. The mk2 pedals better, not dramatically, but the difference is clear. What is also interesting, is that the mk2 feels lighter, but it is actually some 0.8kg heavier(with the current componentry), not quite sure what causes this sensation, likely something to do with weight distribution or similar...

Gotta do some more research, but likely the mk2 will go to the mrs...

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009608
Mobile Version of Website