YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 16:50 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
ashlemon wrote:
@LUCKYMULLEN
Interesting - my experience has been opposite. After 4600+ miles on a medium mk1 29, I now have 250ish miles on a medium mk2 29 and have to say it is a totally superior bike. Anyone wants to buy an mk1 check my add.
They are both awesome, my Mk. 1 is a bit small for me which probably helps liven it up (although it kills my lower back on big days out), it is a size L whereas my Mk. 2 is an XL. I don't think I will ever let the original one go.

Hey if ya don’t mind me asking, how tall are you? I’m riding a medium mk1 (27.5) and I’m on the cusp of 5’10. Would have liked the large but the seat tube height is way too high on the large (I find it a bit high on the medium even during the steep stuff.) I feel like a large mk2 with the reach and lowered seat tube height would ride quite a bit differently.. wish I could demo one! If I could buy a frame from yt I probably would have done that and switched the components.

O+
Posted: Oct 31, 2019 at 22:05 Quote
scoobiemario wrote:
I wonder what spacers are people running in DPX2 ?

My '19 Pro Race has grey spacer installed. I wasn't using full travel, so I dropped the PSI a little. Than I noticed I had sag way too deep, over 40%. That explains frequent pedal strikes.
So I'm gonna try purple spacer, or actually I ordered grey one, and I'm gonna run it on the belt sander. I don't need whole set of spacers for $35 and than use just one thin one, or maybe none....
Also, recommended PSI is 220 for me (220lbs ready to ride), but I had to go up to 240 to get it at just a hair over 30% sag. I'm at 18mm now(out of 55mm), so that's probably 31%.

One last thing. That air can is a B*&%& to put back. It took me a while to thread it back. Not looking forward to opening it again. Madder

Just removed the stock grey spacer and had the first ride today with no spacers - just about used all the travel, but never felt the bottom. The bike is noticeably more planted, but also felt livelier (probably because of higher psi). The DPX2 is a great shock, small bump compliance is really close to a coil.

Posted: Nov 1, 2019 at 0:27 Quote
nateisgrate wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
ashlemon wrote:
@LUCKYMULLEN
Interesting - my experience has been opposite. After 4600+ miles on a medium mk1 29, I now have 250ish miles on a medium mk2 29 and have to say it is a totally superior bike. Anyone wants to buy an mk1 check my add.
They are both awesome, my Mk. 1 is a bit small for me which probably helps liven it up (although it kills my lower back on big days out), it is a size L whereas my Mk. 2 is an XL. I don't think I will ever let the original one go.

Hey if ya don’t mind me asking, how tall are you? I’m riding a medium mk1 (27.5) and I’m on the cusp of 5’10. Would have liked the large but the seat tube height is way too high on the large (I find it a bit high on the medium even during the steep stuff.) I feel like a large mk2 with the reach and lowered seat tube height would ride quite a bit differently.. wish I could demo one! If I could buy a frame from yt I probably would have done that and switched the components.

I am 184cm tall, but have long legs in relation to my torso which although having to have the seatpost way up for climbs resulting in me being closer to the rear axle, allows me to get away with the shorter reach on the Mk. 1, although I look more like a dog taking a shit on the descents.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 at 7:33 Quote
Just posted my 29” 2018 Jeffsy Pro Race size L for sale if anyone is interested. I live in Germany but can ship to Europe or anywhere in the US.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 6:56 Quote
Good morning all,

I am currently riding a Jeffsy AL 29" 2016 in size L and I am looking for Jeffsy CF 29" 2019.
I'm 1.88 meters or 6 "2", in my current size L is too short (I should have taken an XL ...).
YT recommends an XL from 183cm to 193cm and an XXL from 192cm to 202cm.

My current L, with a 60mm stem, gives me a theoretical seat / handlebar distance of 671mm.
The XL with a 40mm stem, the distance would be 671mm too.
And the XXL with a 35mm bracket, it goes up to 687mm.
I think 680mm would be a good theotic value, the saddle will make the final fit.
FYI, the reach between an XL and an XXL is only 20mm difference.

The wheelbase is as follows:
 - AL size L (current bike): 1178mm
 - CF size XL: 1244mm (+ 66mm vs current)
 - CF size XXL: 1266mm (+ 88mm vs current)

So I'm looking for help and advice, depending on your size and what you're riding to choose between an XL and an XXL.
The reach seems ok in XXL but the wheelbase vs my current Jeffsy seems crazy ...

Help me please!

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 7:06 Quote
I'm exactly in between the two sizes and decided to go for the xl. My trails are quite flat and twisty so the shorter bike is in theory easier to throw around. I could have gone either way though.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 9:51 Quote
Thank you for your reply.
How tall are you? XL with what steam size?
Do you feel the bike too short, too long or just perfect?
Interested by your feedback !.

The difference between a CF XL and XXL is only 20mm, not huge, in any case nothing compared to my Jeffsy.
It will be in both cases much longer or much longer ...
I also ride twisty trails, I admit to being afraid of the wheelbase in both cases ...

Other opinions?

Sorry for my bad english!

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 10:00 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
Good morning all,

I am currently riding a Jeffsy AL 29" 2016 in size L and I am looking for Jeffsy CF 29" 2019.
I'm 1.88 meters or 6 "2", in my current size L is too short (I should have taken an XL ...).

My current L, with a 60mm stem, gives me a theoretical seat / handlebar distance of 671mm.
I think 680mm would be a good theotic value, the saddle will make the final fit.

So I'm looking for help and advice, depending on your size and what you're riding to choose between an XL and an XXL.
The reach seems ok in XXL but the wheelbase vs my current Jeffsy seems crazy ...

Help me please!

I was in a similar position and am 1.84m tall, I went for the 2019 XL, I too went back to running the Mk. 1 with a 60mm stem and dropped the bars down to give me the extra reach although it still gives me a sore lower back on big days out, the Mk. 2 came with a 50mm stem, I swapped it out for a Renthal 32mm stem to reduce the reach, after running it for a while I found that it made the steering too twitchy in steep fast narrow ruts so I went for a 40mm, then settled on a 50mm which felt more balanced with the steepish head angle. You get used to the longer bike and for me I don't get issues with back pain. I still use the Mk. 1 and for shorter, flatter trails it is still more fun to ride than any other bike I have ever owned.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 10:10 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
Thank you for your reply.
How tall are you? XL with what steam size?
Do you feel the bike too short, too long or just perfect?
Interested by your feedback !.

The difference between a CF XL and XXL is only 20mm, not huge, in any case nothing compared to my Jeffsy.
It will be in both cases much longer or much longer ...
I also ride twisty trails, I admit to being afraid of the wheelbase in both cases ...

Other opinions?

Sorry for my bad english!

I'm 191, running a 45mm stem. I'm very happy with the size, but as I said I could easily have gone with the xxl. If I had more demanding terrain I'd probably have gone that route...

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:45 Quote
Pere-U wrote:

FYI, the reach between an XL and an XXL is only 20mm difference

You can always put a longer stem on the XL

If you prefer a tighter cockpit or maybe have a bmx background , go with the XL. If you like a roomier cockpit/longer reach, go XXL. Either bike will fit you

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 12:50 Quote
I'm 1.88 m tall and the 2018 XL doesn't feel small at all. Just right.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Pere-U wrote:
Good morning all,

Help me please!

I was in a similar position and am 1.84m tall, I went for the 2019 XL, I too went back to running the Mk. 1 with a 60mm stem and dropped the bars down to give me the extra reach although it still gives me a sore lower back on big days out, the Mk. 2 came with a 50mm stem, I swapped it out for a Renthal 32mm stem to reduce the reach, after running it for a while I found that it made the steering too twitchy in steep fast narrow ruts so I went for a 40mm, then settled on a 50mm which felt more balanced with the steepish head angle. You get used to the longer bike and for me I don't get issues with back pain. I still use the Mk. 1 and for shorter, flatter trails it is still more fun to ride than any other bike I have ever owned.

Could you clarify this point?

The other thank you for your advice!

The Jeffsy CF PRO 29 "XL in White is not available in Canada.
However, there remains XXL, that's why all these questions ...

If I go with the XXL will be with a very short stem: 32mm or 35mm.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 at 23:33 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
LUCKYMULLEN wrote:
Pere-U wrote:
Good morning all,

Help me please!

Could you clarify this point?

The other thank you for your advice!

The Jeffsy CF PRO 29 "XL in White is not available in Canada.
However, there remains XXL, that's why all these questions ...

If I go with the XXL will be with a very short stem: 32mm or 35mm.

If it is the stem length point? I found that the really short stem (32mm), every minor adjustment in the steering was magnified through the front wheel, with the new Jeffsy having a conservative head angle compared to some newer and my previous bikes that I also slackened out as it feels better on steep trails, having a bit more weight over the front helped. This is all from personal experience and you could be totally different so if you go for a longer frame and use a short stem, you may like it. The stuff I ride is really narrow, technical and steep so twitchy steering doesn't help.

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 2:02 Quote
TibZ wrote:
I'm 1.88 m tall and the 2018 XL doesn't feel small at all. Just right.

Jeffsy Mk1 or Mk2 (if 2018 it's Mk1)?
Steam lenght?
Thanks

O+
Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 2:07 Quote
aribr wrote:
I'm 191, running a 45mm stem. I'm very happy with the size, but as I said I could easily have gone with the xxl. If I had more demanding terrain I'd probably have gone that route...
Thank you
Rather short leg and long bust / arm or the reverse?

Still sorry for my english, Google translate is my friend ...

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.018553
Mobile Version of Website