YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 3:10 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
TibZ wrote:
I'm 1.88 m tall and the 2018 XL doesn't feel small at all. Just right.

Jeffsy Mk1 or Mk2 (if 2018 it's Mk1)?
Steam lenght?
Thanks

Mk1, 50 mm DMR Defy 35+ Stem (by the way, great stem allowing to increase the height of the bars, which I found slighlty too low at stock)

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 3:54 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Pere-U wrote:
TibZ wrote:
I'm 1.88 m tall and the 2018 XL doesn't feel small at all. Just right.

Steam lenght?
Thanks

Mk1, 50 mm DMR Defy 35+ Stem (by the way, great stem allowing to increase the height of the bars, which I found slighlty too low at stock)
Thank you
Havre you short leg and long arms or a "normal" size?

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 4:28 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
TibZ wrote:
Pere-U wrote:

Steam lenght?
Thanks

Thank you
Havre you short leg and long arms or a "normal" size?

Normal legs and torso, slightly long arms I would say

But I do not like so much the tendency towards super long reaches

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:01 Quote
TibZ wrote:

Photos please! d;o)

Posted: Nov 12, 2019 at 7:08 Quote
Heist30 wrote:
TibZ wrote:

Photos please! d;o)

Ok, will do soon Smile

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 4:55 Quote
Hello,

For fun, I compared the geometry of the Jeffsy CF 29 "2019 XXL with two other bike, here are my analyzes:

Occam M10 2020 XL and Optic C3 2020 XL (sizes recommended for me):

- wheelbase: 1259mm(Occam) vs 1275mm(Optic) vs 1266mm(Jeffsy)
- stack: 646mm(Occam) vs 638mm(Optic) vs 638mm(Jeffsy)
- reach: 500mm(Occam) vs 510mm(Optic) vs 514mm(Jeffsy)
- top tube: 649mm(Occam) vs 669mm(Optic) vs 659mm(Jeffsy)
- seat tube: 77° (Occam) vs 76°(Optic) vs 77.5°(Jeffsy)

Everything is very close in therm dimensions, the Jeffsy XXL does not seem too big for me.
The more I look and the more I find the Jeffsy XL and XXL very close, the dimensions change very little from one size to another ...
I am only afraid for the wheelbase, in my narrow paths, my average speed is 9km / h over 20km.

Thank you!

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 9:55 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
Hello,

For fun, I compared the geometry of the Jeffsy CF 29 "2019 XXL with two other bike, here are my analyzes:

Occam M10 2020 XL and Optic C3 2020 XL (sizes recommended for me):

- wheelbase: 1259mm(Occam) vs 1275mm(Optic) vs 1266mm(Jeffsy)
- stack: 646mm(Occam) vs 638mm(Optic) vs 638mm(Jeffsy)
- reach: 500mm(Occam) vs 510mm(Optic) vs 514mm(Jeffsy)
- top tube: 649mm(Occam) vs 669mm(Optic) vs 659mm(Jeffsy)
- seat tube: 77° (Occam) vs 76°(Optic) vs 77.5°(Jeffsy)

Everything is very close in therm dimensions, the Jeffsy XXL does not seem too big for me.
The more I look and the more I find the Jeffsy XL and XXL very close, the dimensions change very little from one size to another ...
I am only afraid for the wheelbase, in my narrow paths, my average speed is 9km / h over 20km.

Thank you!

Go with your gut, I'd say. My gut said to size up and I've been happy. I normally ride medium, but emailed YT to discuss my thoughts and they recommended a large as well. Trails around here are generally narrow and twisty, more XC oriented, but I wanted a bike I could take anywhere and feel good on it. I just have to concentrate on keeping my weight forward and leaning more into the turns, which I guess I should be doing anyway.

FYI, I'm 175cm, but I have long arms (> 180cm wingspan) and a fairly large inseam for my height. That, plus the steeper seat angle doesn't have me feeling stretched out. The only issue I have is the bars are too wide for me. I need to cut them to 780 or so.

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:23 Quote
Thank you for your answer!

My hesitation comes from the fact that the XL in the color I wanted is sold-out, the XXL is in stock.
If the XL was in stock, I would not ask any questions and would have ordered.
I want to be certain to make the right choice for my size in step with the stock ...

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:38 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
Thank you for your answer!

My hesitation comes from the fact that the XL in the color I wanted is sold-out, the XXL is in stock.
If the XL was in stock, I would not ask any questions and would have ordered.
I want to be certain to make the right choice for my size in step with the stock ...

Haha, the truth comes out! Flip a coin and let the fates decide! Then put it together and go ride, no regrets. As I've always said, it's not the bike that's holding me back!

Posted: Nov 13, 2019 at 11:59 Quote
I think I said it from the beginning.
But that could be a good descision, or the worst ever for a color ...

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 0:26 Quote
Hi!

Which frame size I should select for Jeffsy Comp 29.. I am 176cm with 79 inseam, so longish torso and short legs I'd say. With mk1 my selection would have been M due to the long seat tube, but in mk2 the geo is totally different which allows me to go with L. But the reach is quite long compared to my current Canyon Neuron CF Medium. I know the Neuron is more like XC bike so the position is different. What do you recommend M or L? I mailed YT and they couldn't help me.. THX

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 6:44 Quote
Masahiko wrote:
Hi!

Which frame size I should select for Jeffsy Comp 29.. I am 176cm with 79 inseam, so longish torso and short legs I'd say. With mk1 my selection would have been M due to the long seat tube, but in mk2 the geo is totally different which allows me to go with L. But the reach is quite long compared to my current Canyon Neuron CF Medium. I know the Neuron is more like XC bike so the position is different. What do you recommend M or L? I mailed YT and they couldn't help me.. THX

I'm surprised they didn't give you a recommendation. They were quite helpful when I had sizing questions. That said, my friend is about 1cm shorter than you with the same inseam and rides a Large CF Pro Race 29.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 8:49 Quote
s-g wrote:
Masahiko wrote:
Hi!

I'm surprised they didn't give you a recommendation. They were quite helpful when I had sizing questions. That said, my friend is about 1cm shorter than you with the same inseam and rides a Large CF Pro Race 29.
What frame size (29" ?) with which stem lenght?
How tall are you?
Thank you!

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 9:19 Quote
Pere-U wrote:
s-g wrote:
Masahiko wrote:
Hi!

How tall are you?
Thank you!

I'm 168 cm tall and ride a Medium CF Pro 29 with a 50 mm stem. My friend is 175 cm tall on a Large CF Pro Race 29 with a 50 mm stem.

Posted: Nov 14, 2019 at 21:59 Quote
s-g wrote:
Pere-U wrote:
s-g wrote:

How tall are you?
Thank you!

I'm 168 cm tall and ride a Medium CF Pro 29 with a 50 mm stem. My friend is 175 cm tall on a Large CF Pro Race 29 with a 50 mm stem.

I'm 170 cm, I ride the small CF pro race the first version. My height is in between s and m, I've always ridden a small size but I really wish I have gotten the medium just to see what the difference is.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009121
Mobile Version of Website