YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Dec 3, 2019 at 18:32 Quote
Froday wrote:
Vertti83 wrote:
Froday wrote:
...The new frame will be designed around shorter offset forks, so I wont be using my pike on the new build...

Isn't the Jeffsy mk1 one of the first bikes where shorter fork offset was "the thing" it was partly marketed with?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe all Jeffsy 29"s should be specced originally with shorter(42-46mm) offset, instead of the "standard" 51mm for 29" wheels. So you might want to check what is the actual offset on the Pike you have already...

Nope, my build still had the 51mm fork.

I think you're ok with the 51mm offset, because I remember when I emaild yt, the guy from yt replied that he upgraded his to 36 fork with 51 rake and it was spot on.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 1:27 Quote
Do YT tend to discount their bikes again after black friday and before the 2020 models are released?

I missed the black friday deals but it was only the cf pro race 27.5 that had the big discount I think and not the 29

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 7:27 Quote
vpfree2009 wrote:
Do YT tend to discount their bikes again after black friday and before the 2020 models are released?

I missed the black friday deals but it was only the cf pro race 27.5 that had the big discount I think and not the 29

Once they release the new lineup the 2019 go on sale...

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 21:15 Quote
The 2018s had 51 offset, whereas earlier years did have shorter offsets, like my 17. Not sure the reason behind that move, other than maybe cheaper later on.

Posted: Dec 4, 2019 at 23:18 Quote
Galennaklar wrote:
The 2018s had 51 offset, whereas earlier years did have shorter offsets, like my 17. Not sure the reason behind that move, other than maybe cheaper later on.

Probably the same reason as why the MY17 Jeffsy 27 was boost in the rear, but had a non-boost fork.
They most likely got a smoking deal from the OEM.

Posted: Dec 5, 2019 at 21:09 Quote
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my e13 dropper post. My seat is starting to swivel a little and when I checked to see if it needed tightened I noticed the whole upper post is loose. My question Is there a way to tighten that up without having to pull the whole thing out? Any info helps thanks. I posted this in the other jeffsy thread as well

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 13:50 Quote
Jda6385 wrote:
Hey guys, I'm having an issue with my e13 dropper post. My seat is starting to swivel a little and when I checked to see if it needed tightened I noticed the whole upper post is loose. My question Is there a way to tighten that up without having to pull the whole thing out? Any info helps thanks. I posted this in the other jeffsy thread as well

Rather than take sketchy forum advice, just email or call E*13 and ask them. They designed, engineered and manufactured the dam thing.

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 17:19 Quote
^^^^Sound advice right there

Posted: Dec 6, 2019 at 23:46 Quote
Jda6385 wrote:

Mine has done this for ages. The swivel is a design issue, it seems. My main problem is it has stopped returning fully, despite cleaning and lubrication. I've dropped them an email, but I've read there is a stronger spring that can be inserted to correct this.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 6:53 Quote
Rance wrote:
Jda6385 wrote:

Mine has done this for ages. The swivel is a design issue, it seems. My main problem is it has stopped returning fully, despite cleaning and lubrication. I've dropped them an email, but I've read there is a stronger spring that can be inserted to correct this.

I bet your seat post clamp is too tight. Loosen it up and see if it returns properly.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 9:49 Quote
Rance wrote:
...but I've read there is a stronger spring that can be inserted to correct this.

This was only for the very first ones from early 2017.
If you do have the old springs, they are an absolute must. Mine didn't return to full extension, even when new (from feb. 2017).

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 16:02 Quote
I just purchased a Jeffsy cf comp in concrete grey. Want to get invisiframe for it but not sure if i should go matte or gloss. I emailed invisiframe but they wouldnt recommend one or the other.

Has anyone put invisiframe on concrete grey and can recommend one or the other? Personally im thinking matte

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 16:25 Quote
Go matte! I’ve installed it on three Jeffsys now. One mine, two my friends.
The third being a CF Comp in grey. Matte is very nice.

Posted: Dec 7, 2019 at 18:13 Quote
Thanks mate thats what i wanted to hear

Posted: Dec 8, 2019 at 17:54 Quote
Rickyrambo wrote:
Thanks mate thats what i wanted to hear
+1 on the matte. Here's the matte on my 29er cf pro. Glossy would have been too much.

Jeffsy protected via invisiframe

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007536
Mobile Version of Website