YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Mar 26, 2020 at 8:08 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
code26 wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:

I was thinking of grabbing the YT Thirstmaster 3000 bottles due to their size but idk if that would fit in the Zee cage properly.

You're never going to fit a full sized water bottle on a Jeffsy but I've made the Specialized Zee cage work a little better.
See the holes I drilled to angle the bottle ever so slightly to clear the shock. You can probably get away with a mid sized bottle if you're running an air shock. Me, only a small bottle since I'm running a coil.

Awesome thanks for posting your picture!

Of course! And to take it further, one could assess bottle cages to find one that will allow you to drill holes that would sink the cage down in the frame further and maybe slightly more angle.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 18:32 Quote
Diaz Runt is now available for Fox 34 including Rhythm...
https://diazsuspensiondesign.com/shop/fox34

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 19:08 Quote
undescended wrote:

Never seen that before. Looks good, in theory.

I went with the PUSH ACS3 and have been very impressed. Pricey, but worth it.

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 20:46 Quote
joedave wrote:
undescended wrote:

How do you like the ACS3? How’s the progression? Good mid stroke? My Pike is feeling pretty good right now but wondering how much better this coil convo kit will make it perform

Posted: Mar 28, 2020 at 21:45 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
joedave wrote:
undescended wrote:

How do you like the ACS3? How’s the progression? Good mid stroke? My Pike is feeling pretty good right now but wondering how much better this coil convo kit will make it perform

I came from riding DH on my boXXer Team, which I absolutely loved, because it felt so much better than the airsprung World Cup version. It felt especially better than any other fork I’d ridden at the time. Save the FOX 40 coil-sprung, which was also par for course.

I thought my 36 was a great fork, and I’m a big fan of the GRIP2 damper but I wasn’t overly impressed with the air spring. After 25 hours ride time, while servicing my lowers, I swapped from 150 to 160 travel airshaft and tossed a Luftkappe on it while it was apart. The Luftkappe felt great compared to the factory air spring but it still didn’t feel ‘coil’ good. After another 50 hrs riding I got the ACS3 and sure as... there was that nice supple yet supportive fork feel again!
It feels precisely how I want it to now. Worth every penny. Outstanding small bump sensitivity and compliance through the roof, midstroke support is much better than what the Luftkappe offered (which, I felt, was a bit wallowy when aired to get the small bump compliance I wanted and still a wee harsh when not) and bottom out resistance is easily tailored with the air top out cartridge PUSH created. Not to mention the rider feedback goes down significantly!
I honestly feel like it’s made my damper perform much better also. Noticeably less friction and stiction with any fork movement, especially off the top. I don’t blow through travel like I used to with the Luftkappe, ACS3 is much more supportive. And bottom out resistance is astounding.
It took the 36 GRIP2 fork from a great fork to a phenomenal fork. I haven’t ridden anything close to feeling this good since my coil-spring DH fork.

My ONLY complaint with it is this; it makes me REALLY want to upgrade my X2 to the ElevenSix. Haha, a guy can dream.

$.02

Cheers

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 7:25 Quote
joedave wrote:

Big Grin

Right on! Man I think that’ll be my next purchase lol. I have the 11-6 and am pleased beyond words with how dialed my bike feels now. Was the installation process pretty straightforward?

Posted: Mar 29, 2020 at 8:13 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
joedave wrote:

Big Grin

Right on! Man I think that’ll be my next purchase lol. I have the 11-6 and am pleased beyond words with how dialed my bike feels now. Was the installation process pretty straightforward?

Do it! Your fork will no longer feel undergunned compared to your shock. I felt my X2 made the bike perform outstandingly (compared to the DPX2) which amplified my feeling of the fork not being stellar, ACS3 changed that!

If you can service your lowers by yourself then installing the ACS3 will be a piece of cake. It took me approximately 30 mins. PUSH has excellent install videos on their website also.

Lucky you! I went to order an 11-6 last fall but missed out on the sale, they were out of stock. I’m going to try to wait for a sale on the new one. I’ll probably be waiting until about Christmas time. Haha but good things come to those who wait.

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 11:22 Quote
Hi everyone. I am looking to buy the CF Pro, however I am 184 cm with 85 cm inseam. Should I go for the L or the XL. I know I am kinda in between and it is driving me nuts. What would be your choice?

Posted: Apr 2, 2020 at 11:33 Quote
Blueg wrote:
Hi everyone. I am looking to buy the CF Pro, however I am 184 cm with 85 cm inseam. Should I go for the L or the XL. I know I am kinda in between and it is driving me nuts. What would be your choice?

I am the exact height and inseam, was in the same pickle. I went with L because of my riding style and I had the opportunity to test both. They’re both fun but I felt the reach on the L was more comfortable for long rides and the L felt a touch more playful and less plow. I think it’s because the chainstay and reach numbers between the two.

Best I can say is go with what your riding style dictates. If you are looking for a wee more stability DH, a wee less flickabikity and a longer reach... then go XL. On the contrary, if you like to play on trail features, like more of a nimble ride, slashing turns and playing in the air... then go L.

$.02

How this helps a bit.
Cheers

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 13:36 Quote
Hi Everyone,

I am just getting into mountain biking and am looking to purchase my first bike. I plan on doing mostly trail riding in the US Northeast (near Boston) and have settled on getting a YT Jeffsy. I am debating between the YT Jeffsy AL Base 29 and one step up to the YT Jeffsy Comp 29. I am wondering if the Base model will suffice as a first bike for a few years or if there is something that really warrants stepping up to the Comp for someone of my ability level. I am a beginner now but hope to ride a lot over the few years and would like a bike that will allow me to progress.

Thanks in advance for the advice.

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
For 700 you get a lighter carbon frame bike with upgrades to brakes, drivetrain and substantial suspension upgrade. I’d get the Comp if I could swing it... less wanting to upgrade later...

Posted: Apr 6, 2020 at 20:54 Quote
undescended wrote:
For 700 you get a lighter carbon frame bike with upgrades to brakes, drivetrain and substantial suspension upgrade. I’d get the Comp if I could swing it... less wanting to upgrade later...
+1
I agree. If you get alu you'll be fine. But with Carbon frame and mentioned upgrades you''ll last longer before getting new better bike parts

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 1:13 Quote
Hi everyone! Has anyone gone from a Jeffsy to a Tues?

I'm Looking to buy a Tues but don't know whether to go 27 or 29. I have a 2019 29" Jeffsy cf pro (pretty much a pro race with the upgrades I made) in size large... I was looking to get a bike that is a little more playful, but YT sorta tried to talk me out of it saying that going from 27>29 is more common than 29>27. I love the way my Jeffsy is but figured I'd inquire here. Im not very advanced ... I won't be doing backflips or huge tricks... but maybe start whipping once I get used to the TUES. Looking forward to your responses!

Looking forward to hearing what you guys have to say about the best way to add to my jeffsy

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010741
Mobile Version of Website