YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 13:58 Quote
Seahawk? Falcon? Predator? Hawk? Hawksy?

Posted: Apr 7, 2020 at 14:26 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Seahawk? Falcon? Predator? Hawk? Hawksy?

Falcon Punch!

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 0:52 Quote
Anyone installed a brand-x ascend 150mm dropper to their 2017 Jeffys cf size large. I'm wondering about the insertion into the frame. YT says max 220mm, but by the looks there should be room for some more.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 7:16 Quote
astraboy1 wrote:
Anyone installed a brand-x ascend 150mm dropper to their 2017 Jeffys cf size large. I'm wondering about the insertion into the frame. YT says max 220mm, but by the looks there should be room for some more.

It should fit...I'm running a OneUp 210mm on my size large with about 40mm out of the frame.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 9:08 Quote
mikepal wrote:
astraboy1 wrote:

It should fit...I'm running a OneUp 210mm on my size large with about 40mm out of the frame.

Not CF, but for anyone else wondering I just installed a OneUp 180mm v2 on my 2017 AL large and was able to almost fully slam it.. there's maybe 5mm left that wouldn't go farther. That works out to be just about perfect for me at full extension (I'm 6ft).

The original E13 dropper worked ok, until it didn't. Blew up on me on the trail and I had to try to ride a few miles back with an over-extended and spinning seatpost. Not good.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 14:08 Quote
I'm going to apologize ahead of this question, I'm sure it's been covered before and I may be lazy for not researching better. Has anyone had experience with routing new brake lines on the current frame? I have Zee brakes ready to go and was considering doing the install myself with the bleed kit but don't want to mess with it if it's a complicated job routing the hoses. Thanks!

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 14:11 Quote
Yo! Went through the thread but couldn't find anyone in a similar situation:
I'm 5'10 and currently on a Large Ripmo with a 35mm stem, leaning towards a Medium Jeffsy (50mm stem) in order to get something a bit more playful, is it going to be too short?

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 14:13 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
I'm going to apologize ahead of this question, I'm sure it's been covered before and I may be lazy for not researching better. Has anyone had experience with routing new brake lines on the current frame? I have Zee brakes ready to go and was considering doing the install myself with the bleed kit but don't want to mess with it if it's a complicated job routing the hoses. Thanks!

It's super easy, just push the line through and it will go where you need it to go. Although I should mention that I have the jeffsy with alu rear triangle which has external routing there, not sure how the full carbon frame deals with the hose in the rear triangle.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 15:48 Quote
tomyotam wrote:
I'm 5'10 and currently on a Large Ripmo with a 35mm stem, leaning towards a Medium Jeffsy (50mm stem) in order to get something a bit more playful, is it going to be too short?

I think it would be too short. I am 5'7 with a M that fits just perfect.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 15:55 Quote
tomyotam wrote:

I personally think that a medium at your height will be too short. Have you considered the 27.5 Jeffsy to get that playfulness? Of course I'm making the ASSumption that you were talking about the Jeffsy 29er to begin with.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 16:02 Quote
mikepal wrote:
tomyotam wrote:

I personally think that a medium at your height will be too short. Have you considered the 27.5 Jeffsy to get that playfulness? Of course I'm making the ASSumption that you were talking about the Jeffsy 29er to begin with.

I actually rode the 27.5 in L and really missed the big wheels, I guess L it is? I don't know why but a 50mm stem sounds long to me

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 16:14 Quote
tomyotam wrote:
mikepal wrote:
tomyotam wrote:

I actually rode the 27.5 in L and really missed the big wheels, I guess L it is? I don't know why but a 50mm stem sounds long to me

+1 for the Large. I'm 5' 8.5" on a large 29er and it feels just right.

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 18:12 Quote
undescended wrote:

The Mantis

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008529
Mobile Version of Website