YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 20:51 Quote
aribr wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:
I'm going to apologize ahead of this question, I'm sure it's been covered before and I may be lazy for not researching better. Has anyone had experience with routing new brake lines on the current frame? I have Zee brakes ready to go and was considering doing the install myself with the bleed kit but don't want to mess with it if it's a complicated job routing the hoses. Thanks!

It's super easy, just push the line through and it will go where you need it to go. Although I should mention that I have the jeffsy with alu rear triangle which has external routing there, not sure how the full carbon frame deals with the hose in the rear triangle.

Awesome thanks! I have an AL Jeffsy too so that's good to hear. I figured it wouldn't be to bad looking at the frame but I'm glad I got confirmation

Posted: Apr 9, 2020 at 23:10 Quote
tomyotam wrote:
Yo! Went through the thread but couldn't find anyone in a similar situation:
I'm 5'10 and currently on a Large Ripmo with a 35mm stem, leaning towards a Medium Jeffsy (50mm stem) in order to get something a bit more playful, is it going to be too short?

I tested the large and medium... I’m 5’10” & I went w the large, the mediums reach was too short and i kept hitting my knee. I put a 35 mm stem on the large and it’s great so there’s that option too.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 4:15 Quote
tomyotam wrote:
I'm 5'10 and currently on a Large Ripmo with a 35mm stem, leaning towards a Medium Jeffsy (50mm stem) in order to get something a bit more playful, is it going to be too short?

I'm 5'8 currently riding a large cf pro race (2019) with a 40 mm stem instead of the 50mm the bike came with, I'd say a med would be too short, but will depend on the trails you ride and how you ride them

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 9:39 Quote
tomyotam wrote:

Go L.
U can always put a shorter stem on it.

Posted: Apr 10, 2020 at 19:40 Quote
Thanks guys, would probably go with the large

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 0:11 Quote
You guys think YT will have a Sale to try and dump bikes after this pandemic?

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 15:29 Quote
hi everybody,

I am looking for a full suspension that is playful and not sluggish and i want to get the 2020 yt jeffsy comp 29 whenever it goes on sale. i am most worried about the frame cracking but i like the components and i want a bike that can last a while and was wondering if this is the move? I am also open to any other mid-travel 3000k dollar bikes with good specs for the price.

I really appreciate your help because without forums I would be lost.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 17:08 Quote
Shredfast wrote:
hi everybody,

I am looking for a full suspension that is playful and not sluggish and i want to get the 2020 yt jeffsy comp 29 whenever it goes on sale. i am most worried about the frame cracking but i like the components and i want a bike that can last a while and was wondering if this is the move? I am also open to any other mid-travel 3000k dollar bikes with good specs for the price.

my experience with my 2019 Jeffsy cf pro has been great so far. the bike is a ripper! its not sluggish by any means. i consider myself a fairly aggressive rider and when i ride i tend to push my limits every chance i get. i may have taken the jeffsy to its limits once or twice but doubtful. as for durability, I've ridden it hard and see no signs of damage. YT is pretty spot on with their customer service also. North American region at least.

Posted: Apr 11, 2020 at 19:45 Quote
Shredfast wrote:
hi everybody,

Jeffsy is a great option, the Commencal Meta TR 29 is excellent bike as well as the Vitus Mythique VRX.
I’ve ridden them all and biught the Vitus for my wife. Settled on Jeffsy for myself. A friend of mine has the Meta and they’re all amazing value packages. Pick your fave.
Good luck mate.

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 4:38 Quote
jonatspeed wrote:
mikepal wrote:
astraboy1 wrote:
Anyone installed a brand-x ascend 150mm dropper to their 2017 Jeffys cf size large. I'm wondering about the insertion into the frame. YT says max 220mm, but by the looks there should be room for some more.

It should fit...I'm running a OneUp 210mm on my size large with about 40mm out of the frame.

Not CF, but for anyone else wondering I just installed a OneUp 180mm v2 on my 2017 AL large and was able to almost fully slam it.. there's maybe 5mm left that wouldn't go farther. That works out to be just about perfect for me at full extension (I'm 6ft).

The original E13 dropper worked ok, until it didn't. Blew up on me on the trail and I had to try to ride a few miles back with an over-extended and spinning seatpost. Not good.

YT support says no...
They say that maximum insertion into the frame is 225mm and the bran-x 150mm post has an insertion of 271mm
I can see on the tubing that it is more narrow below 225mm and guess that's why the post won't fit. This is for the cf version.

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 4:49 Quote
astraboy1 wrote:
jonatspeed wrote:
mikepal wrote:

It should fit...I'm running a OneUp 210mm on my size large with about 40mm out of the frame.

Not CF, but for anyone else wondering I just installed a OneUp 180mm v2 on my 2017 AL large and was able to almost fully slam it.. there's maybe 5mm left that wouldn't go farther. That works out to be just about perfect for me at full extension (I'm 6ft).

The original E13 dropper worked ok, until it didn't. Blew up on me on the trail and I had to try to ride a few miles back with an over-extended and spinning seatpost. Not good.

YT support says no...
They say that maximum insertion into the frame is 225mm and the bran-x 150mm post has an insertion of 271mm
I can see on the tubing that it is more narrow below 225mm and guess that's why the post won't fit. This is for the cf version.

My next question is. What dropper posts do you guys run who are on 2017 YT Jeffsy cf size large?
I am currently on a 120mm reverb and I I feel I can't get the seatpost as far down as I need when it gets really steep.

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 18:53 Quote
undescended wrote:
Be Ready!

I'll probably get flak for this but.... CX/Gravel Bike please!

Posted: Apr 14, 2020 at 19:25 Quote
code26 wrote:
undescended wrote:
Be Ready!

I'll probably get flak for this but.... CX/Gravel Bike please!
Naw, the teaser bike from the live caged vid definitely was Not That! d;o)

Copyright © 2000 - 2020. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.007749
Mobile Version of Website