YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Author Message
Posted: Jul 18, 2020 at 21:36 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
BobAG wrote:
cdavebolt wrote:
I apologize ahead of time if this has been addressed here before. Does anyone know the purpose of this mounting spot on the down tube? Or if it is a mounting point? I've been thinking of running a computer and seen some people using frame mounts on brands that offer mounting points on the top tube. I don't really care to see data in real time but wouldn't mind more accurate information from a computer compared to my phone. So if I could somehow source a mount that works with this point on the down tube, I'd totally do it. But want to understand its purpose first. Thanks for your thoughts!


Pretty sure that's the other end of the extra hole on the right side of the headtube, and would be used to run cable for a rear lockout lever.

Thanks! That makes sense, I wonder if I could find something that could mount a computer to this point. Though what I've seen used to anchor to the top tube is a different screw setup. So probably would need to be something custom made.

Any reason not to just put the computer on the bars?

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 2:11 Quote
Hey guys anyone have experience with removing the cranks off a 2019 yt jeffsy comp. Seems like its a matter of just loosening the 8mm hex bolt and it should simply come off. However once i crack it and spin a couple of times it becomes tight against the 10mm and i cant get it to budge anymore.

Anyone removed these before?

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 2:37 Quote
Assuming that this is more or less the same principle as the Race Face cranks, you need to force the 8 mm against the 10 mm. Once the 8 mm is against the 10 mm you can keep on unscrewing the 8 mm and this will push the axle and extract the crank.

Check this video, he talks about it around 1:00

https://youtu.be/VlfuqYEB2t8

PS: I am not entirely certain so think twice before destroying anything

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 5:26 Quote
TibZ wrote:
Assuming that this is more or less the same principle as the Race Face cranks, you need to force the 8 mm against the 10 mm. Once the 8 mm is against the 10 mm you can keep on unscrewing the 8 mm and this will push the axle and extract the crank.

Check this video, he talks about it around 1:00

https://youtu.be/VlfuqYEB2t8

PS: I am not entirely certain so think twice before destroying anything

Sounds like you're doing it right, just give it more muscle.

Posted: Jul 19, 2020 at 21:00 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:


Why on earth would you order that shock for the jeffsy?? It needs a coil or topaz


Ok thanks thats helpful????

Well I think it is. I’m trying to save you from not having a kickass bike. If your going to order a shock then order any brand coil or DVO topaz. If you have anymore questions you let me know

Yeah I wouldn’t recommend a Monarch, I went from the RT3 to a Topaz T3 on my 2017 Jeffsy and it was a huge improvement. The Monarch was just too harsh over the small stuff.

As for was a fitting kit… that will depend on what you currently have. I was able to remove the bushings from the Monarch, and put those into the Topaz. Was easy enough to do will a couple of sockets and a bench vice.

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 12:25 Quote
Scottydotteril wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Scottydotteril wrote:
Hi i have just ordered a Rockshock Monarch Rt3 for my Jeffsy. Can anyone help with what fitting kit i will need ?

Why on earth would you order that shock for the jeffsy?? It needs a coil or topaz


Ok thanks thats helpful????

Actually not even a monarch plus is a good option for the jeffsy, the base tune of monarch even on m/l is way off. The best shock I tried on mine that it worked beyond anything else was a standard fox ctd from a mondraker foxy 27,5 but don't remember the tune code. Finally I settled on a privateer 161

Posted: Jul 21, 2020 at 15:10 Quote
cdavebolt wrote:
I apologize ahead of time if this has been addressed here before. Does anyone know the purpose of this mounting spot on the down tube? Or if it is a mounting point? I've been thinking of running a computer and seen some people using frame mounts on brands that offer mounting points on the top tube. I don't really care to see data in real time but wouldn't mind more accurate information from a computer compared to my phone. So if I could somehow source a mount that works with this point on the down tube, I'd totally do it. But want to understand its purpose first. Thanks for your thoughts!


You most definitely could mount one here! Look at Lezyne's GPS units and their bar mount. Seems like you could drill a hold the same diameter of that bolt, get a longer bolt with same thread/pitch, and fasten the Lezyne handlebar twist mount to this hole in your downtube.

Or, I've been using the rubber bands that come with the Lezyne bar mount and fixiting it around my seat post.

https://ride.lezyne.com/collections/gps-devices-accessories/products/1-gps-ormcmk-v104

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:08 Quote
Anyone know the widest internal rim width can fit on this bike? I'm looking at a 35mm

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:13 Quote
I’ve used 27.5x35 with 2.8NN on my 2018 29...

Posted: Jul 24, 2020 at 7:38 Quote
romahony84 wrote:
Anyone know the widest internal rim width can fit on this bike? I'm looking at a 35mm

The bike will only care about tire size...

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 10:24 Quote
romahony84 wrote:
Anyone know the widest internal rim width can fit on this bike? I'm looking at a 35mm

Just curious what size tire are you looking to run?

Posted: Jul 27, 2020 at 20:09 Quote
romahony84 wrote:
Anyone know the widest internal rim width can fit on this bike? I'm looking at a 35mm
Wider is not always better. Lots of pros run narrower-than-popular rim widths for good reasons.

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 21:06 Quote
I was thinking a 2.4 rekon

Posted: Jul 28, 2020 at 22:26 Quote
romahony84 wrote:
I was thinking a 2.4 rekon

Is there a particular reason you are looking at a 35mm rim?

Posted: Jul 29, 2020 at 11:17 Quote
romahony84 wrote:
I was thinking a 2.4 rekon
Dude, You will have to look at a combination of Rim width and tire width as different set ups will net different results. Too wide of a rim on too narrow of a tire will change how the tire performs as well as the general shape of the tire. Essentially too wide a tire on a narrow rim the tire will be tall and floppy where as too narrow a tire on a wide rim it will be squared off. By swapping your rims on a jeffsy which comes with 30mmish wide versions, you aren't gaining any performance value and actually adding unsprung weight, not good. Generally speaking, 2.4 wide tires are about the minimum size you would want to put on a 30mm internally measured rim, where as 2.6 would be the minimum I would suggest for a 35mm rim. I hope this helps man. Also, what wheelset do you have now? I know the jeffsy's 2017 and older had narrower rims, every version 2018 and newer came with 30ish mm size.


 
Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.006786
Mobile Version of Website