YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jan 13, 2021 at 9:02 Quote
mixmastamikal wrote:
Wow, what a build! How are you liking the ERA so far?

I’m loving my ERA! Finally got my pressures dialed and I’ve been riding it for about 2 months. The small bump compliance is insane and something I haven’t experienced before. The front end grip is so amazing. Most of the dh trails I ride are like marbles on sandy hardpack dirt. This fork has allowed me to ride faster brake later and commit to lines I wasn’t comfortable with before. I’m not sure if my skills have gotten better or what but I’m very happy with my EXT fork. People are missing out for sure

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 13:21 Quote
Installed the Works 1 degree headset last night. I must say it feels extremely weird in the parking lot. steering feels all fkd up but maybe i just need a little time to get used to it.

Works Components 1 degree angle headset

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 15:28 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Installed the Works 1 degree headset last night. I must say it feels extremely weird in the parking lot. steering feels all fkd up but maybe i just need a little time to get used to it.

Imagine it takes some getting used to. Please report back after first few rides! P.S. Jealous of that steerer tube length :p

source: owner of 2020 Jeffsy pro

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 16:52 Quote
mrv9292 wrote:
P.S. Jealous of that steerer tube length :p

Might you not know of the DMR Defy hack??

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 20:15 Quote
undescended wrote:
mrv9292 wrote:
P.S. Jealous of that steerer tube length :p

Might you not know of the DMR Defy hack??

Man I wish I would have fully wrapped mine when I got it.. that gloss looks sick. Can you post some better pics of how that looks?

Posted: Jan 26, 2021 at 21:32 Quote
Man I wish I would have fully wrapped mine when I got it.. that gloss looks sick. Can you post some better pics of how that looks?

Isn't your ghost ship green that glossy?

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 4:21 Quote
https://ibb.co/NgRVXpG

Have the 1.5 works angeles headset.
Stearing is indeed something to get used to, but fine after some rides.

Front wheel also gets lighter, also need to get used to it. but i‘ll keep it, steep descents i havent done yet with it, let‘s see

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 5:10 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Gnar, that’s the paint, mine ain’t wrapped...

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 8:09 Quote
I didn't know the DMR Defy hack. Very interesting.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 9:09 Quote
undescended wrote:
PACNW-MTB wrote:

Gnar, that’s the paint, mine ain’t wrapped...

Oh damn I thought that was 2019 model. I didn’t realize the ghost color was gloss

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 10:44 Quote
Tmae wrote:
https://ibb.co/NgRVXpG

Have the 1.5 works angeles headset.
Stearing is indeed something to get used to, but fine after some rides.

Front wheel also gets lighter, also need to get used to it. but i‘ll keep it, steep descents i havent done yet with it, let‘s see

Have you tried to measure your HA now since you changed it??

Also, did you grease yours before set the cups? Im getting a creak from around my headset it think. its weird the steering feels really weird like it doesn't want to turn. idk i guess i just gotta take it out and test it

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 at 15:49 Quote
No, cell phone measurement disnt work and i also added 1 cm to the fork, travelled to 160.

Sure i greased it.
Slaker head abgle makes the stearing easier (fall easily in a direction when being slow)
Hard stearing and creaking means you did something wrong.
I guess too less grease and too tight head screw

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 12:12 Quote
Thought I'd post a picture of my "oldie but a goodie" Jeffsy. I'm 6'1" and weight 225lbs, this is my trail bike that sees 85% of my riding at the moment and is built to be robust without being too much of a pain on more chill trails (low BB and slack steering are a pain on most of the trails near to me in Eugene OR). I also have a Commencal Clash for park and more burly days.

Its a 2018 AL Comp 29'er, YT warrantied my frame and shock at the end of 2019 after the rear triangle got out of whack and started eating my shock damper shaft (see below photo). The team at YT US were great to work with on a resolution although I don't buy their conclusion that I must have been landing big jumps sideways to cause the issue - they are giving me more credit as a rider than I deserve! They didn't have access to any of the RS Monarch RT shocks to replace the original so they subbed in a Fox Float DPS.

As a fat boy dad of 4 approaching 40 my focus was on bang for my buck and durability. With current lead times on new bikes I'm debating getting a deposit in this summer for a bike delivery in 2022 but we'll see how the market currents play out. For the moment this rig does everything I need from it very capably so the rational side of my brain tells me I don't need to spend $$ on the latest and greatest. I still lust after Carbon and n+1 but convincing the Mrs. of the need is another story! My Brother who is in the bike industry tells me that i should look to switch to mullet on my next trail bike, I might see about buying his mullet'd Norco Sight when his new SJ Evo lands.

Upgrades:
Hunt Enduro wide wheels
XT 12 speed shifter and derailleur with SLX cassette (had to buy new wheels might as well upgrade to
One Up 170 dropper, 35mm stem, 25mm rise carbon bar, chain guide, EDC, pump and Axel F (admitted fan boy)
C1 Debonair airspring upgrade on the Pike
Canecreek headset
RWC shock needle bearing

Monarch wear

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 21:38 Quote
halr75 wrote:
Thought I'd post a picture of my "oldie but a goodie" Jeffsy. I'm 6'1" and weight 225lbs, this is my trail bike that sees 85% of my riding at the moment and is built to be robust without being too much of a pain on more chill trails (low BB and slack steering are a pain on most of the trails near to me in Eugene OR). I also have a Commencal Clash for park and more burly days.

Its a 2018 AL Comp 29'er, YT warrantied my frame and shock at the end of 2019 after the rear triangle got out of whack and started eating my shock damper shaft (see below photo). The team at YT US were great to work with on a resolution although I don't buy their conclusion that I must have been landing big jumps sideways to cause the issue - they are giving me more credit as a rider than I deserve! They didn't have access to any of the RS Monarch RT shocks to replace the original so they subbed in a Fox Float DPS.

As a fat boy dad of 4 approaching 40 my focus was on bang for my buck and durability. With current lead times on new bikes I'm debating getting a deposit in this summer for a bike delivery in 2022 but we'll see how the market currents play out. For the moment this rig does everything I need from it very capably so the rational side of my brain tells me I don't need to spend $$ on the latest and greatest. I still lust after Carbon and n+1 but convincing the Mrs. of the need is another story! My Brother who is in the bike industry tells me that i should look to switch to mullet on my next trail bike, I might see about buying his mullet'd Norco Sight when his new SJ Evo lands.

Upgrades:
Hunt Enduro wide wheels
XT 12 speed shifter and derailleur with SLX cassette (had to buy new wheels might as well upgrade to
One Up 170 dropper, 35mm stem, 25mm rise carbon bar, chain guide, EDC, pump and Axel F (admitted fan boy)
C1 Debonair airspring upgrade on the Pike
Canecreek headset
RWC shock needle bearing

Monarch wear

Hell yea Brother!! Gen1 Jeffsy's definitely swing above their weight class. I actually prefer it over the newest rendition Jeffsy. The RWC needle bearing and coil spring bearing are on my to-do lists as well! Report back on the shock needle bearing change.

Posted: Jan 28, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
I live in an area that is mostly xc and I am on an Xc team. I do it for the training, but not the racing. I am going to start racing enduro tho and need a good all mountain bike that can climb but can also be taken to the park to hit some jumps and drops! Looking at getting the jeffsy comp once they release the 2021 model but if anyone has been in a similar situation or just has some general insight into my situation I would love to hear your thoughts!

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.010662
Mobile Version of Website