YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 3:36 Quote
Pothead78 wrote:
I'd agree with this but I'd add that E Thirteen rear hubs are f****n loud

True :-D

Posted: Feb 7, 2021 at 22:43 Quote
Pothead78 wrote:
I'd agree with this but I'd add that E Thirteen rear hubs are f****n loud, I've used Hope pro4 in the past and have DT Swiss E1900 on my hardtail and the noise of the Hope's never bothered me at all, the E Thirteens are on another level tho and several people I ride with have said they would not buy a bike if it had them on because of the noise

Take the freehub out and pack it with dense grease (I used marine grade one). The difference is huge.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 1:22 Quote
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Tmae wrote:
https://ibb.co/NgRVXpG

Have the 1.5 works angeles headset.
Stearing is indeed something to get used to, but fine after some rides.

Front wheel also gets lighter, also need to get used to it. but i‘ll keep it, steep descents i havent done yet with it, let‘s see

Can you confirm which headset size you ordered from the Works site..? Im just wanting to make sure i purchased the right one. Ive emailed them several times but haven't had any response from them which sucks because im running into issues. Which size did you get, including head tube length? All i saw was the ec44/zs56 on their website so i assumed that one would work but ive been wrong MANY times before..

EC44/ZS56 Is correct, habe the jeffsy XL with 120mm head tube.

Could you figure it out?

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 6:29 Quote
Altavoz wrote:
Pothead78 wrote:
I'd agree with this but I'd add that E Thirteen rear hubs are f****n loud, I've used Hope pro4 in the past and have DT Swiss E1900 on my hardtail and the noise of the Hope's never bothered me at all, the E Thirteens are on another level tho and several people I ride with have said they would not buy a bike if it had them on because of the noise

Take the freehub out and pack it with dense grease (I used marine grade one). The difference is huge.

Funny, because I cleaned mine out and put back chain lube to increase the sound to give hikers a fair warning. LOL
(stupid California)

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 7:47 Quote
Tmae wrote:
gnarcissistictendency wrote:
Tmae wrote:
https://ibb.co/NgRVXpG

Have the 1.5 works angeles headset.
Stearing is indeed something to get used to, but fine after some rides.

Front wheel also gets lighter, also need to get used to it. but i‘ll keep it, steep descents i havent done yet with it, let‘s see

Can you confirm which headset size you ordered from the Works site..? Im just wanting to make sure i purchased the right one. Ive emailed them several times but haven't had any response from them which sucks because im running into issues. Which size did you get, including head tube length? All i saw was the ec44/zs56 on their website so i assumed that one would work but ive been wrong MANY times before..

EC44/ZS56 Is correct, habe the jeffsy XL with 120mm head tube.

Could you figure it out?

Ya that’s what I ordered. Going to try it again when my headset press arrives in the mail.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 20:39 Quote
TommyR95 wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Jeffsy 29 CF Pro. Two questions for everyone:

1) Are there any sales or promo codes to help ease the pain in the wallet? Smile

2) I'm 6' tall (183cm) with a 32" inseam (82cm) and it seems I'm in between a Large and X-Large. Thoughts on if I should go smaller or larger?

Thanks in advance! Smile
Tommy

What size did you go with? Somebody is selling an XL Jeffsy and I’m the same height and inseam as you.

Posted: Feb 14, 2021 at 22:22 Quote
Gezushe wrote:
TommyR95 wrote:
Hey folks,

I'm very close to pulling the trigger on a Jeffsy 29 CF Pro. Two questions for everyone:

1) Are there any sales or promo codes to help ease the pain in the wallet? Smile

2) I'm 6' tall (183cm) with a 32" inseam (82cm) and it seems I'm in between a Large and X-Large. Thoughts on if I should go smaller or larger?

Thanks in advance! Smile
Tommy

What size did you go with? Somebody is selling an XL Jeffsy and I’m the same height and inseam as you.

I'm 5'8 (173cm) and comfortably ride a large pro race although I've put a 40mm stem and low rise bars on it, personally I'd say go for xl

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 3:24 Quote
I’m 6’ with 32’ inseam I’m on a 2020 XL. I did try 32mm stem didn’t like it. Went with 40mm rise bars.

Posted: Feb 15, 2021 at 4:02 Quote
Long shot - but does anyone have a spare suspension linkage for first gen aluminum Jeffsy?

Going to try to get it welded back together but if anyone has a spare they'd like to sell (in the UK ideally) I have cash waiting.

I'm not the original owner and YT UK don't have a spare and YT Germany aren't shipping parts to the UK at the moment (which is lame - but that's another rant entirely).

Cheers.

p.s. it was entirely my fault it broke (did it pressing in a new bearing) not a fault with the bike.

Posted: Mar 9, 2021 at 13:20 Quote
Question; Is the 1st gen Jeffsy still a 'great' bike amongst younger rivals?

I'm having a bit of buyers remorse. I have a 2017 CF Pro Race 29er, owned from new it has been an absolutely brilliant bike!
My goto bike is a hardtail Santa Cruz Chameleon, but when the going gets rough I pull out the Jeffsy. It is such a trail monster!
But when I swap from the SC to the Jeffsy, it feels a little short in the cockpit, a little twitchy in handling. It takes a while to trust the Jeffsy.

I've just ordered a new frame, won't say what except it's longer, slacker, with that steep seat tube angle...you know the drill.

Plan is to rape the Jeffsy for the exceptional bling it carries, carbon everything...

But, I keep looking at that Jeffsy thinking...what an awesome bike!

Anyone moved from a 1st gen Jeffsy to a 'progressive/aggressive' geo trail bike? What's your thoughts?

Posted: Mar 10, 2021 at 2:09 Quote
jaycey wrote:

I'm having a bit of buyers remorse. I have a 2017 CF Pro Race 29er, owned from new it has been an absolutely brilliant bike!
My goto bike is a hardtail Santa Cruz Chameleon, but when the going gets rough I pull out the Jeffsy. It is such a trail monster!
But when I swap from the SC to the Jeffsy, it feels a little short in the cockpit, a little twitchy in handling. It takes a while to trust the Jeffsy.

I've just ordered a new frame, won't say what except it's longer, slacker, with that steep seat tube angle...you know the drill.

Plan is to rape the Jeffsy for the exceptional bling it carries, carbon everything...

Anyone moved from a 1st gen Jeffsy to a 'progressive/aggressive' geo trail bike? What's your thoughts?

My gen 1 CF Pro Race 2016 Jeffsy was and still is the best bike I have ever owned, I have had some Capra's, Tallboy, Sommet, Meta, new Jeffsy, Mega and have sold them all as they didn't match the fun, pace of the gen 1 Jeffsy. It was the one bike that I said I would never sell and would still have it if some cock sucker hadn't burgled us and took it last year. My advice would be keep it if you can, the reach on mine was 445, I have since went to a 515 reach but realised my sweet spot is around 485 ish. Even with a 60mm stem on the Jeffsy it was still more responsive than some other bikes with a 32mm and 40mm stem. Sometimes following trends isn't always the best. I even tried to purchase the old Jeffsy from YT but they had sold out of them.

Posted: Mar 11, 2021 at 0:25 Quote
e-p wrote:
jaycey wrote:

My gen 1 CF Pro Race 2016 Jeffsy was and still is the best bike I have ever owned, I have had some Capra's, Tallboy, Sommet, Meta, new Jeffsy, Mega and have sold them all as they didn't match the fun, pace of the gen 1 Jeffsy. It was the one bike that I said I would never sell and would still have it if some cock sucker hadn't burgled us and took it last year. My advice would be keep it if you can, the reach on mine was 445, I have since went to a 515 reach but realised my sweet spot is around 485 ish. Even with a 60mm stem on the Jeffsy it was still more responsive than some other bikes with a 32mm and 40mm stem. Sometimes following trends isn't always the best. I even tried to purchase the old Jeffsy from YT but they had sold out of them.

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I will regret losing it. I'll just have to put up with having 2 trail bikes!!

Posted: Mar 12, 2021 at 14:46 Quote
jaycey wrote:
e-p wrote:
jaycey wrote:

Yeah, that's what I'm thinking. I will regret losing it. I'll just have to put up with having 2 trail bikes!!

The only thing I regret for my jeffsy first gen is not having bought a dvo topaz. I got a monarch rt3 that did not age well and it is impossible to find the topaz in the right dimension now...
Otherwise still loving my bike I will not replace by a modern bike that weights 2 more Kg.

Posted: Mar 13, 2021 at 19:38 Quote
e-p wrote:
jaycey wrote:

I second these sentiments! The gen1 Jeffsy ( i feel) is a raw fun trail machine! I ditched the stock Fox dampening for Cane Creek and, at the moment, I couldn't and haven't been happier on a single bike ever before! From 24hr races to A-Line to Enduro races; gen1 Jeffsy is my #1 fav of 16 bikes.

Posted: Mar 14, 2021 at 5:44 Quote
Looks like my Jeffsy dropper is showing some stanchion wear.. Anyone know if I can get a replacement stanchion/new seal kit from YT or somewhere else (europe)? Or am I better off getting a whole new dropper?

I did service this one a while back, cleaned out the collar etc. Still a bit disappointing after only ~1 year of use Frown

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008932
Mobile Version of Website