YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Sep 14, 2021 at 22:06 Quote
Thanks Tommy-P87, I’m looking at TFTuned or Jtech indeed to get the initial setup/tuning help by an expert. Also because I’m about 185lbs geared up and that gets me in between 500 and 550 spring rate.
Here in Holland the trails are very pedal heavy because we only have hills and no mountains, so it cannot be too plush but I also ride a bit of park across the boarder.

Posted: Sep 15, 2021 at 1:33 Quote
SdH-VLD wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first time posting and I almost read this entire thread before doing so.

I have a Jeffsy Blaze and would like to upgrade to a coil shock. I read that many already switched to a coil shock and everyone that did loves it and besides that I think it looks absolutely great on the Jeffsy!

The Blaze comes with the red Lyrik so my first thought was to go for the RS super deluxe ultimate with the matching red coil but I don’t see anyone choose this shock? Is it not a good shock? Should I choose another shock and forget about the matching red coil?

I never had a coil shock so any tips and advise is appreciated.

I've been running an Ohlins TTX22 on my Jeffsy and have really liked it a lot, I'd definitely recommend trying out a coil if you're curious. We weigh the same and I tried a 550lbs spring before settling on a 500lbs. The calculator had me at 512lbs and I ended up liking the slightly plusher ride and then adding a little bit of LSC to keep it pedalling nicely.

Due to a frame swap I'm going to be selling it again a few weeks from now with both the 500 and 550lbs springs so let me know if you're interested and don't mind waiting. Here's a photo

Posted: Sep 18, 2021 at 9:28 Quote
SdH-VLD wrote:
Hi All,

This is my first time posting and I almost read this entire thread before doing so.

I have a Jeffsy Blaze and would like to upgrade to a coil shock. I read that many already switched to a coil shock and everyone that did loves it and besides that I think it looks absolutely great on the Jeffsy!

The Blaze comes with the red Lyrik so my first thought was to go for the RS super deluxe ultimate with the matching red coil but I don’t see anyone choose this shock? Is it not a good shock? Should I choose another shock and forget about the matching red coil?

First of all, thank you for reading about the topic before posting. I had a RD Delux coil shock on my previous Capra and loved it. No climb switch and minimal adjustments but that could be a good thing for a first time coil rider. I now run the Cane Creek Inline coil on my Jeffsy and it has a climb switch and all of the adjustments. Takes a while to get set up but I'm now in love with it. My personal preference is to keep the suspension components matching and I think the RS Delux with red spring would be a killer match.
Good job wanting to go with a coil shock, these bikes really should come spec.'d with them.

Posted: Sep 19, 2021 at 13:12 Quote
Does anyone here have experience with the new Fox Float X yet?

I've got a Core 2 coming next month and it looks like they're shipping with Float X's instead of DPX2's now. My rider weight is around 250-260 so having the ability to run a lower pressure vs. the DPX2 seems ideal.

Posted: Sep 28, 2021 at 4:06 Quote
https://www.bike24.com/p2483239.html would this be an upgrade from the AL base 2020 deluxe air shock? This one is listed as specifically for the heckler 2020+ but im not sure if this would be fine for the jeffsy 2020 al

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 7:03 Quote
Recently upgraded to a Fox Factory 38 160 (stock is 150) on my 2020 Jeffsy XXL and I can tell after a couple of rides that it is what I was looking for, but it does seem to have affected climbing capabilities a bit. I'm wondering if I should flip to high mode to help with that a little bit?

This is by far the slackest bike I have had, and I am never feel the need for it to be slacker.

Can anyone who has done similar on theirs provide their experience with flipping to high mode when adding more travel to their fork?

Posted: Oct 1, 2021 at 7:04 Quote
Here's how she looks now!

new brakes rotors headset and fork. ready for fall shreddin

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:12 Quote
I have a similar set up but with a Fox 36 160MM and a Fox DHX2 with a climb switch. I absolutely love this set up and my daily riding involves a lot of climbing, tech, drops and descents.

1) I tried the high position for 1 ride and I felt that it pushed my center of gravity too far forward. I notice very little difference in climbing when going from the 150mm to the 160mm. Albeit the Crown of the Fox 38 vs Fox 36 wis about 1/4 inch higher than the 36 and will make your jeffsy a fraction of a degree more slack.

Now i only ride in the slack position for all riding types.

FWIW I rarely need to use the climb switch and when I do its usually just because it's there so why not.

PACNW-MTB wrote:
Recently upgraded to a Fox Factory 38 160 (stock is 150) on my 2020 Jeffsy XXL and I can tell after a couple of rides that it is what I was looking for, but it does seem to have affected climbing capabilities a bit. I'm wondering if I should flip to high mode to help with that a little bit?

This is by far the slackest bike I have had, and I am never feel the need for it to be slacker.

Can anyone who has done similar on theirs provide their experience with flipping to high mode when adding more travel to their fork?

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:17 Quote
I have the 2021 Fox DHX2 with the climb switch on my 2020 pro race. At 205 LBS I have a 600 LB coil. I have found the coil makes for a much more predictable ride, better braking and no significant change when climbing even without the switch. Drops to flat are soaked up nicely too.

The climb switch is effective but not necessary in my opinion and I climb a lot on my local trails.

SdH-VLD wrote:
Hi All,

Posted: Oct 6, 2021 at 10:22 Quote
Beautiful color and bike.

PACNW-MTB wrote:
Here's how she looks now!

new brakes rotors headset and fork. ready for fall shreddin

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 11:39 Quote
Evening all,

My MK2 Jeffsy Pro is now 2 years old (2019 model), time to give it an overhaul, but need help confirming two parts please:

- Bottom bracket. I fitted a Hope PF41 30mmon myMK1 Jeffsy, is it the same for the MK2? - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pf41-press-fit-30mm-bottom-bracket/rp-prod135904

- The E13 chain guide is rubbish and the plast guide is just flapping about. Can anyone recommend a replacement please. I['ll be fitting an oval chainring if that changes anything. ISCG05 fitment? This one perhaps? https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/products/chain-guide-iscg05-v2

Thanks in advance.

G

Posted: Oct 16, 2021 at 14:23 Quote
scz4 wrote:
Evening all,

My MK2 Jeffsy Pro is now 2 years old (2019 model), time to give it an overhaul, but need help confirming two parts please:

- Bottom bracket. I fitted a Hope PF41 30mmon myMK1 Jeffsy, is it the same for the MK2? - https://www.chainreactioncycles.com/hope-pf41-press-fit-30mm-bottom-bracket/rp-prod135904

- The E13 chain guide is rubbish and the plast guide is just flapping about. Can anyone recommend a replacement please. I['ll be fitting an oval chainring if that changes anything. ISCG05 fitment? This one perhaps? https://uk.oneupcomponents.com/products/chain-guide-iscg05-v2

Thanks in advance.

G

Highly recommend a OneUp Components chain guide.

Posted: Oct 18, 2021 at 17:15 Quote
JamesyBear wrote:
scz4 wrote:
Evening all,

Thanks in advance.

G

Highly recommend a OneUp Components chain guide.

Second the One Up Components chain guide! Never lost a chain and it's pretty slender/simple.

Posted: Oct 19, 2021 at 12:09 Quote
scz4 wrote:

Thanks in advance.

G

I switched to the Absolute Black chain guide/bash guard. It's a very well-built piece. I also run an Absolute Black oval.
https://absoluteblack.cc/oval-bashguide-iscg05/

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008323
Mobile Version of Website