YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

| Next Page
Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 5:08 Quote
Anyone with Jeffsy mk2 + CaneCreek Inline coil -shock?

What kind of settings you have ended up with all the clickers on the shock? And what kind of spring rate versus rider weight?

I stumbled upon a good offer on used CC Inline coil with 500lbs/in coil for 200€, so I gave it a go, as the stock RS Deluxe on the mk2 Jeffsy is far from great. Weather here in Finland is crap at the moment, so doing repeated rides to find adjustments is a bit of a task, so I was wondering if some kind of good baseline for settings(from where to start fine tuning for personal preference) could be found here "keyboard riding" instead Wink

I used some spring rate calculators and the 500lbs/in spring rate should be in the correct ballpark for my ~70kg(155lbs) riding weight for modest sag(I've used 25% sag with air shock) reading. What kind of springrate/weight/sag combos you fellow "Jeffsyists" have used?
I guess spring rate is also comparable between different (coil) shocks, so doesn't have to be CC inline coil specific...

The compression and rebound clickers I've set to the "factory setting" of the shock, but have you maybe made some more extreme adjustments on the clickers or just fine tuning from the factory baseline..?

Cheers
- V

Posted: Nov 25, 2021 at 7:27 Quote
I just installed the wolf tooth geoshift headset for 1 degree slacker. With a 160mm fork it is an amazing set up.

Altavoz wrote:
code26 wrote:
Pretty sure it was this forum where someone was asking about an angle set for the Jeffsy IS headset. Either way, this is good news for people wanting to slacked out the bike. I personally wouldn't run one but I know some of you will.
https://www.pinkbike.com/news/check-out-new-tubeless-valves-angle-headsets-flat-pedal-shoes-and-fancy-pants.html

I will. Now I have to find a low stack stem first, as this angleset needs 25mm longer tube to work. It is a pity that YT cuts the fork tube so short.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 5:28 Quote
Noise from my headset appears to be solved now, after cleaning and greasing again. I'm happy I don't have to change it now, but I'll keep a close look at it.

Now looking at forks on the second-hand market, I don't particularly like the feel of my Fox34 with FIT4 damper (I guess problem is the FIT4 damper, not the 34 sanctions). Based on availability and price, I'll probably get a Pike or a Lyrik. Do you have any suggestion among them? Looking for the charger 2 rc 2.1 damper in both cases.

I don't run bike parks, only all mountain rides typically 20 - 30 km, 1000-1500 d+ climbs, steep descents on rocky trails. I like both pedalling uphill and riding downhill. On downhills, I always try to improve my riding style, but don't care about being ad fast as possible and avoid biggest jumps. I try to variate my rides and try not to repeat the same trail over and over. I'd say I'm an average rider.

I see professional riders in EWS running Lyrik, so i guess Pike is more than ok for me. At the same time, all of my friend are running Lyrik or Fox36, no one with Pike (and I'm not slower than them).

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 10:53 Quote
Running a stock pike on a mk1 jeffsy with an upgrade with 150 debonair. I have a similar way to bike and the pike is perfect. No too heavy, tough enough, no complain about rigidity.
I would rather change the monarch shock (too harsh on long downhills) and the guide brakes (no power with arm pain on long dh)...

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 11:53 Quote
I put a fresh 38 factory at 160mm on mine (I ride a 27), really gave the bike a new lease on life and squashed the new bike bug for me.

Posted: Nov 29, 2021 at 22:57 Quote
LucaClem wrote:
Noise from my headset appears to be solved now, after cleaning and greasing again. I'm happy I don't have to change it now, but I'll keep a close look at it.

Now looking at forks on the second-hand market, I don't particularly like the feel of my Fox34 with FIT4 damper (I guess problem is the FIT4 damper, not the 34 sanctions). Based on availability and price, I'll probably get a Pike or a Lyrik. Do you have any suggestion among them? Looking for the charger 2 rc 2.1 damper in both cases.

I don't run bike parks, only all mountain rides typically 20 - 30 km, 1000-1500 d+ climbs, steep descents on rocky trails. I like both pedalling uphill and riding downhill. On downhills, I always try to improve my riding style, but don't care about being ad fast as possible and avoid biggest jumps. I try to variate my rides and try not to repeat the same trail over and over. I'd say I'm an average rider.

I see professional riders in EWS running Lyrik, so i guess Pike is more than ok for me. At the same time, all of my friend are running Lyrik or Fox36, no one with Pike (and I'm not slower than them).

If you 34 FIT4 is a Performance Elite, you should try the Fractive Mod:
https://www.vorsprungsuspension.com/products/fox-fit4-piston-kit

Totally transforms the fork.

Posted: Nov 30, 2021 at 9:40 Quote
Altavoz wrote:

Thanks! I do have a Performance Elite so I'll give a close look this kit you suggested.

However, it seems I found someone who would purchase my fork and a couple if nice opportunities on Lyriks and Pikes. I'm still tempted by the swap.

Posted: Dec 1, 2021 at 0:46 Quote
LucaClem wrote:
Altavoz wrote:

Thanks! I do have a Performance Elite so I'll give a close look this kit you suggested.

However, it seems I found someone who would purchase my fork and a couple if nice opportunities on Lyriks and Pikes. I'm still tempted by the swap.

I swapped the 140 mm pike that came with my Jeffsy Pro Carbon 2019 for a 2021 150 mm Lyrik Ultimate this year. I did not notice any difference in stiffness or steering precision, but the better internals of the newer fork really improved the riding experience.
I suggest to not care too much which chassis you have (as long as your are not super heavy) but focus on internals. Also, a proper service can really make a lame fork shine!

| Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2021. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.007204
Mobile Version of Website