YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Feb 19, 2022 at 9:41 Quote
What fork is it and has it been rebuilt since you bought the bike? Sometimes factory assemblies are not done properly and it could be needed.

Posted: Feb 20, 2022 at 12:59 Quote
MPowerph wrote:
Helo everyone.

Well, I am still a fresh Jeffsy Core 4 owner, I am learning the abilities and the handling of the bike. Before I used a Scott Spark, which was more of a XC- light trail bike. Jeffsy is a pure trail one, with plenty of travel and upgraded multi geo. I do not use other bike, this was the reason I choosed the Jeffsy. From now I can visit thje bike parks, this one is capable for, and can handle that usage. But if I go for a long ride with buddies, like 40 miles with 1 miles climb, I use the Jeffsy too. I have made some upgrade to cut weight. A full groupset has been replaced with X01/XX1 AXS, new carbon handlebar has been fitted, and swopped the weak Sram Guide RSC brakes for a MT7 Pro set. I purchased a new set of Maxxis tyre for the long rides, because the DHR II combo had huge rolling resistance. Well, I keep those for the bike parks. So a Maxxis Rekon and Dissector has been fitted for the light trail/XC usage.
Now I can say, it is almost done, there is a plan, I make a carbon wheelset later by myself, another 500g off would be very noticable on the wheels.

So after this small modifications, surprising, I can almost accomplish the same targets I had done with the old Scott, included the climbing. It will not be a rocket for sure, and u will not win a XC race with it, but it is still good result.

The only thing, I could not setup well, the fork. I do not find the sweet spot in terms of the terrain I am using it on. The main issue is the smaller rocky trails, which can shake me off the bike. I did follow the setup guide in the user manual. Does somebody has any better option than that?

If you want to learn/feel what the different adjustments do and how they affect/feel while riding; start by closing all the circuits (all the way to the + side of things) (i.e. high speed compression, low speed compression and rebound) ride it on a familiar trail, then, one ride by one ride, fully open the circuits (-) and ride the same familiar trail again and again. That should give you drastically different feels and you'll understand how the adjustment knobs affect the feel of the suspension. Keep adjusting + or - until you find the happy medium setting for your riding type.
Just remember... ( + ) means adding more dampening (slowing down the movement of your suspension) and ( - ) is lessening the dampening (allowing the suspension to move quicker).
Beyond this, you'll want to educate yourself on the effects of reducing your air chamber volume, sometimes called 'tokens' or 'air spacers'.

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 16:35 Quote
I think i'm gonna get a zeb at 160mm for my 2019 Jeffsy XL

Already have a dvo jade x that has improved the handling on corners.

I'm gonna love it right?

O+
Posted: Mar 23, 2022 at 23:31 Quote
What fork do you have at the moment? For me, a Zeb seems overkill unless you're nearer 180/190 travel or absolutely smashing chunky trails. That being said, if you have a basic fork at the moment and you have found a good deal on a Zeb ultimate then yes, I imagine you will love it. I'd go for a Lyrik ultimate on a Jeffsy if both were the same price though. Just my thoughts.

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 8:31 Quote
I currently have the Fox34 performance elite, and everyone i ride with just switched bikes and they all have 36+.

don't know of any people running zeb as 180 on a jeffsy, but if i ever get a bigger bike I'd be set.

BTW, this fork would be to ride while my 34 is getting serviced, and to see if it'll make going downhill better at UCSC

O+
Posted: Mar 24, 2022 at 9:06 Quote
Thelogicofpi wrote:
I currently have the Fox34 performance elite, and everyone i ride with just switched bikes and they all have 36+.

don't know of any people running zeb as 180 on a jeffsy, but if i ever get a bigger bike I'd be set.

BTW, this fork would be to ride while my 34 is getting serviced, and to see if it'll make going downhill better at UCSC

If you are riding a 34 and not having issues with flex there is no real reason to go to a 38mm stanchion fork like the Zeb. Really just a weight penalty for little return on performance over a fork like the lyrik.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 10:08 Quote
yeah the 34 is a noodle and i'd like to have better tracking with less feedback.

not sure the lyrik is what i'm looking for, and there don't seem to be any 44mm offsets, so don't want to throw that into the mix of things.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 10:48 Quote
I meant on any bike, not a Jeffsy. Sounds like you've talked yourself into a Zeb, I do the same all the time. Just go for it, I'm sure you'll love it. If not, try your best to look after them and don't cut the steerer too short and I'm sure you'd sell it on easy, for a decent price.

Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 11:30 Quote
Thelogicofpi wrote:
yeah the 34 is a noodle and i'd like to have better tracking with less feedback.

not sure the lyrik is what i'm looking for, and there don't seem to be any 44mm offsets, so don't want to throw that into the mix of things.

Better tracking with less feedback = lyrik
Even better tracking but more feedback (cause real stiff) = zeb

I would go lyrik

Regardless of the one you choose, you will never go back to your 34. I bet you sell it in 2 months.

O+
Posted: Mar 25, 2022 at 13:45 Quote
there's a local zeb for 800 that is already 160mm localish.

the plan was to get the 34 serviced then either keep it for a spare when the other goes into service.

eventually i'll have enough spare parts that i can build another bike Smile

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 15:30 Quote
Guys i have a quick question about pricing my bike (i'm generally very happy with it but got an insane offer for another bike which i can't turn down Big Grin )

It's a 2020 CF frame (M, was the Comp i think, i threw out most parts) with following specs:

36 Rhythm fork, CSU was just changed by Fox and they threw in a 160 airshaft too
DPX2 freshly serviced
GX drivetrain (2000km) new XX1 chain
XT brakes freshly bled, new sintered brakepads
OneUp 180 dropper
Veltec Wheels (1750g) in good condition
Maxxis Assegai Exo+ front (95%) DHR2 DD rear (80%)
Deathgrips
Oneup resin pedals
Headset is new

Bearings are sound, aside from a handful of small chips there are no damages. I'd say it's in very good condition overall.

I'd like 3200 for it, am i asking too much? TIA

O+
Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 19:47 Quote
wowbagger wrote:
Guys i have a quick question about pricing my bike (i'm generally very happy with it but got an insane offer for another bike which i can't turn down Big Grin )

It's a 2020 CF frame (M, was the Comp i think, i threw out most parts) with following specs:

36 Rhythm fork, CSU was just changed by Fox and they threw in a 160 airshaft too
DPX2 freshly serviced
OneUp 180 dropper
Deathgrips
Oneup resin pedals
Headset is new

Bearings are sound, aside from a handful of small chips there are no damages. I'd say it's in very good condition overall.

Not that it matters, but isn't that like $200.00 more than you paid for it new?

Posted: Mar 26, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
PACNW-MTB wrote:
wowbagger wrote:

DPX2 freshly serviced
OneUp 180 dropper
Deathgrips
Oneup resin pedals
Headset is new

Not that it matters, but isn't that like $200.00 more than you paid for it new?

Not with the parts on it no. That would be well over 4k.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 13:59 Quote
Hi guys, running a very modified 2020 Base Al and am very happy overall with the bike. I’m toying with the idea of a coil shock, everything I read about YTs says you get the most out of them with a coil. Still running the original shock (deluxe select?), it did feel better after a service but felt a bit harsh in the bike park (first time). Would a coil shock be noticeably better? What coil shock is best? My riding is mostly a mix of local trails that are a touch mellow for the Jeffsy, and loamy off piste mixed with standard trail centre stuff. Hoping to do more bike park trips too. Thanks!

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2022 at 18:04 Quote
Sambikes11 wrote:
Hi guys, running a very modified 2020 Base Al and am very happy overall with the bike. I’m toying with the idea of a coil shock, everything I read about YTs says you get the most out of them with a coil. Still running the original shock (deluxe select?), it did feel better after a service but felt a bit harsh in the bike park (first time). Would a coil shock be noticeably better? What coil shock is best? My riding is mostly a mix of local trails that are a touch mellow for the Jeffsy, and loamy off piste mixed with standard trail centre stuff. Hoping to do more bike park trips too. Thanks!

Not sure what your budget is but that bike is insane with an EXT Arma on it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2023. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014383
Mobile Version of Website