YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

| Next Page
Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 6:40 Quote
notsosikmik wrote:
Sambikes11 wrote:
Hi guys, running a very modified 2020 Base Al and am very happy overall with the bike. I’m toying with the idea of a coil shock, everything I read about YTs says you get the most out of them with a coil. Still running the original shock (deluxe select?), it did feel better after a service but felt a bit harsh in the bike park (first time). Would a coil shock be noticeably better? What coil shock is best? My riding is mostly a mix of local trails that are a touch mellow for the Jeffsy, and loamy off piste mixed with standard trail centre stuff. Hoping to do more bike park trips too. Thanks!

Not sure what your budget is but that bike is insane with an EXT Arma on it.

Do you mean the Storia? It’s probably more than I want to spend, unless it really was leaps and bounds better. Was more looking at cane creek stuff, the DB coil IL looks relatively well priced. Has anyone ran one on a Jeffsy? Alternatively something from rockshox, I’m running a Yari fork and the ease of service and parts availability is very nice haha

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 9:24 Quote
Sambikes11 wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:
Sambikes11 wrote:
Hi guys, running a very modified 2020 Base Al and am very happy overall with the bike. I’m toying with the idea of a coil shock, everything I read about YTs says you get the most out of them with a coil. Still running the original shock (deluxe select?), it did feel better after a service but felt a bit harsh in the bike park (first time). Would a coil shock be noticeably better? What coil shock is best? My riding is mostly a mix of local trails that are a touch mellow for the Jeffsy, and loamy off piste mixed with standard trail centre stuff. Hoping to do more bike park trips too. Thanks!

Do you mean the Storia? It’s probably more than I want to spend, unless it really was leaps and bounds better. Was more looking at cane creek stuff, the DB coil IL looks relatively well priced. Has anyone ran one on a Jeffsy? Alternatively something from rockshox, I’m running a Yari fork and the ease of service and parts availability is very nice haha

I've been running the Cane Creek IL Coil for 2 years now and would absolutely buy it again. Great climb lever/mode, all of the adjustments/tuning, and it's fairly close in weight to a Fox X2 air shock so not much weight penalty either. I ride everything from Whistler to XC trails on my Jeffsy and it's great!
BTW: The Cane Creek Helm fork is amazing as well. I will be spec'ing Cane Creek suspension on my next bike for sure!

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 12:35 Quote
code26 wrote:
Sambikes11 wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:

I've been running the Cane Creek IL Coil for 2 years now and would absolutely buy it again. Great climb lever/mode, all of the adjustments/tuning, and it's fairly close in weight to a Fox X2 air shock so not much weight penalty either. I ride everything from Whistler to XC trails on my Jeffsy and it's great!
BTW: The Cane Creek Helm fork is amazing as well. I will be spec'ing Cane Creek suspension on my next bike for sure!

Thanks for that, sounds like you’re getting on well with it! Looking like a good option, a friend of mine has a helm and seems to get on well with it

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 13:50 Quote
I have the 2020 base as well. Put a super deluxe ultimate coil on it from J Tech last year and never looked back. Still pedals mint and feels so much nicer all round. I'm not great with setting things up etc. and I told them my weight, bike, riding style and they tuned it and set it all up. Also just put a second hand but like new Lyrik Ultimate on it last week and it's definitely noticeably better than the Yari, just to maybe add one more thing to your shopping list.

Posted: Mar 28, 2022 at 14:00 Quote
code26 wrote:
Sambikes11 wrote:
notsosikmik wrote:

Or the Storia. I like the Arma because I don't ever use the climb switch (lok lever) and would rather have hydraulic bottom out adjustment instead.

Posted: Mar 29, 2022 at 1:53 Quote
Thanks for all the replies!

Posted: Apr 6, 2022 at 21:28 Quote
Hey guys I’m looking to update the fork and shock on my 2019 cf pro. I’m kind of leaning towards 160 fork and 150 in the rear to handle drops and chunky terrain a little better. Has this been a good setup for most people or is it recommended to stick to the 150/150 that comes on all Jeffsy’s now?

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 2:45 Quote
keeferton wrote:
Hey guys I’m looking to update the fork and shock on my 2019 cf pro. I’m kind of leaning towards 160 fork and 150 in the rear to handle drops and chunky terrain a little better. Has this been a good setup for most people or is it recommended to stick to the 150/150 that comes on all Jeffsy’s now?
Right now latest uncaged jeffsy can be set up 150 or 160 in the front, so i'd say is totally ok going for 160, also a lot of people over here have done it (i'll be doing it for summer/bike parks)

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 9:02 Quote
keeferton wrote:

Haven’t ridden it loads but my questions about coil shocks further up we’re off the back of bumping my fork up to 160. Geo wise the Jeffsy is modern apart from the slightly steep HTA, slackening it with a longer fork only made it feel better. It rode really well at bike park wales at 160, and didn’t feel any worse on my local stuff when I was setting up the fork either

Posted: Apr 11, 2022 at 10:39 Quote
Sambikes11 wrote:
keeferton wrote:

Haven’t ridden it loads but my questions about coil shocks further up we’re off the back of bumping my fork up to 160. Geo wise the Jeffsy is modern apart from the slightly steep HTA, slackening it with a longer fork only made it feel better. It rode really well at bike park wales at 160, and didn’t feel any worse on my local stuff when I was setting up the fork either

Right on yeah I am leaning on a 160 lyric and 150 super delux ultimate coil setup right now. It's really hard to find any negative comments on a coil setup for the jeffsy.

Posted: Apr 20, 2022 at 19:02 Quote
Hi All - I have a 2021 Core 4. The bike is still pretty new but I’m getting a lot of up/down play from the rear shock area. I’ve torqued everything to spec so I’m thinking it’s in the mountain hardware… Any suggestions to get rid of the up/down play? Thanks in advance and sorry if this is answered somewhere earlier in the thread.

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 11:27 Quote
Anyone know the frame pivot bearing sizes for a 2021 Jeffsy Core 4? I need to replace my bearings but dont want to order more from YT so I need to figure out what sizes to get. Also, what tools are needed?

Im sure this has been discussed before so I will try to do some searching through this thread but its a little overwhelming...

Posted: May 22, 2022 at 15:59 Quote
AXIS89 wrote:
Anyone know the frame pivot bearing sizes for a 2021 Jeffsy Core 4? I need to replace my bearings but dont want to order more from YT so I need to figure out what sizes to get. Also, what tools are needed?

Im sure this has been discussed before so I will try to do some searching through this thread but its a little overwhelming...
Real World Cycling sells kits…
enduroforkseals.com

Bearing sizes are on the technical drawing
JEFFSY_MK2_CF_TECHNICAL_INFORMATION_CUSTOMER

| Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.007397
Mobile Version of Website