YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Aug 4, 2022 at 9:46 Quote
Hi all Smile MyJeffsy Core 4 came out the box with this issue, rear wheel doesn’t look centred in frame. Have tried a couple brand new wheels it’s the same with each. Does anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on why this could be or how to fix? It’s hard to see in photos, but it looks like it is sitting at an angle in the dropouts (wheel is not vertical)

photo
photo

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 12:52 Quote
Hi there,
I have to change my original cassette (Jeffsy 29" AL 2018 ).

Wheels are the DT Swiss M1800, is the cassette Sram SD comopatible (9-46t) what I need?

https://www.bike24.com/p2309497.html

Posted: Aug 8, 2022 at 15:25 Quote
macro182 wrote:
Hi there,
I have to change my original cassette (Jeffsy 29" AL 2018 ).

Wheels are the DT Swiss M1800, is the cassette Sram SD comopatible (9-46t) what I need?

https://www.bike24.com/p2309497.html

Yes, that is a direct replacement for the 11sp cassette you have…

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 12:36 Quote
I want to upgrade my rear brake from 180 to 200 rotor, but i dont understand what type PM adapter i need. Can someone point me to specific models that will fit my rame? (2019 carbon, latest frame model, sram brakes)

Posted: Aug 9, 2022 at 21:59 Quote
Any throw a Fox 38” 170 and an angleset on their jeffsy yet?

Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 9:07 Quote
Anton898 wrote:
I want to upgrade my rear brake from 180 to 200 rotor, but i dont understand what type PM adapter i need. Can someone point me to specific models that will fit my rame? (2019 carbon, latest frame model, sram brakes)

Hmmm

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2022 at 9:26 Quote
Anton898 wrote:

Just need a 20mm Post mount adaptor like this

https://www.amazon.com/AEcreative-Adapter-Caliper-Mountain-Bicycle/dp/B08D5JZP77

Posted: Aug 19, 2022 at 3:02 Quote
ianfox52 wrote:
Just upgraded my RS Yari to 170mm Debonair C1 (so no more standard -1cm SAG and higher in travel) which leads to a way higher front. It feels awsome, like a new bike. At the moment I don't feel like there is a need of an angleset, but I will see after the first laps on proper bikepark trails.

O+
Posted: Aug 20, 2022 at 4:50 Quote
CaptainBash wrote:
ianfox52 wrote:
Just upgraded my RS Yari to 170mm Debonair C1 (so no more standard -1cm SAG and higher in travel) which leads to a way higher front. It feels awsome, like a new bike. At the moment I don't feel like there is a need of an angleset, but I will see after the first laps on proper bikepark trails.

I upped my Yari to 160mm with the new spring and had similar results, felt mint at the bike park and on local steeps. Zero drawbacks unless youre doing a lot of flat riding

Posted: Aug 21, 2022 at 14:25 Quote
HVrider wrote:
Hi all Smile MyJeffsy Core 4 came out the box with this issue, rear wheel doesn’t look centred in frame. Have tried a couple brand new wheels it’s the same with each. Does anyone else have this issue? Any ideas on why this could be or how to fix? It’s hard to see in photos, but it looks like it is sitting at an angle in the dropouts (wheel is not vertical)

photo
photo
something isn’t machined right? It’s carbon. Right? So it’s not bent. I would contact YT. Send them these pics

I would take the wheel off when bike is upside down like on the pic above. And put the level on the chain stays. Same distance from the end (Horstlink bolt, where seatstays and chainstays connect) look from the back and see if the chainstays are level. Also use a wooden dowel or skewer and put it through the rear axle holes. It should be parallel to the level sitting on the chainstays. And parallel to the ground

Posted: Aug 25, 2022 at 3:11 Quote
Hi all, I'm sure this been asked before, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I need a new rear axle for a Mk2 Jeffsy CF. Are there any axles available (DT Swiss, Nukeproof, Brand X etc?) that are the correct fit, or is it a case of ordering from YT?
My bike is currently fitted with a Hardlite axle (on ebay here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274705925108 ) , but when fully tightened, this doesn't seem to make the wheel fit firmly in the frame, it still seems to be a little loose.)

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 13:42 Quote
[Quote="tlaity"][Quote="osykeso"][Quote="LUCKYMULLEN"][Quote="Hipnosis"]

I also needed to lube the flip chip bolt, it also appears that the flip chip bolt can be over torqued/ tightened. I think mine may have been too tight and causing some noise as well.

O+
Posted: Sep 10, 2022 at 13:54 Quote
ChrisC90 wrote:
Hi all, I'm sure this been asked before, but I can't seem to find a definitive answer. I need a new rear axle for a Mk2 Jeffsy CF. Are there any axles available (DT Swiss, Nukeproof, Brand X etc?) that are the correct fit, or is it a case of ordering from YT?
My bike is currently fitted with a Hardlite axle (on ebay here: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/274705925108 ) , but when fully tightened, this doesn't seem to make the wheel fit firmly in the frame, it still seems to be a little loose.)

I replaced the rear axle on my 2019 CF Pro with the Robert Axle Project Lightning bolt-on axle (12 mm x 172 mm x 1.5 thread) and a 6mm tapered axle spacer

Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 14:37 Quote
ianfox52 wrote:

Yes -1.5 angle set and 170mm front and rear Smile
photo

O+
Posted: Oct 28, 2022 at 23:21 Quote
Tmae wrote:
ianfox52 wrote:

Yes -1.5 angle set and 170mm front and rear Smile
photo

How do you get 170 rear travel on a Jeffsy? How does it ride? I've been thinking of getting rid and getting a long travel enduro bike but might keep it if I could do that

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.017829
Mobile Version of Website