YT Jeffsy 29 Thread

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 5:05 Quote
Sure it‘s a lot of travel.
For the dhx2 you can add plastic spacers to reduce the travel, others idk.
Anyway, 57mm stroke is anyway easier, so you dont need offset bushings Smile

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 5:25 Quote
Hmm... With 216x63mm the eye-to-eye length is longer, it pushes linkage "further out", so probably not a problem unless if the linkage hits some hard limit when extended and gives harsh top-out.

If you have 210x55mm shock and you want to increase the travel to 210x57mm, it will mean that eye-to-eye distance on extension stays same, shock and linkage just moves further in when compressed, so there might be danger that rear wheel will hit the seat tube on full bottom out. Check that there is space for that....

O+
Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 5:43 Quote
Vertti83 wrote:
Hmm... With 216x63mm the eye-to-eye length is longer, it pushes linkage "further out", so probably not a problem unless if the linkage hits some hard limit when extended and gives harsh top-out.

If you have 210x55mm shock and you want to increase the travel to 210x57mm, it will mean that eye-to-eye distance on extension stays same, shock and linkage just moves further in when compressed, so there might be danger that rear wheel will hit the seat tube on full bottom out. Check that there is space for that....

Sortof...

With 216x63, since the flipchip is in "low" and an offset bushing of 1.5mm is installed, it'll end up being the same as using it in "high" plus 0.5mm extra since the diff between low and high is 4mm.

Said this, the eye to eye ends up being 214.5, but the travel is still 63mm, which could cause even more issues than 57mm, since it's only 2mm more than the original 55.

In the high mode theorically I could use until 210x59, but as Tmae mentioned before, there's even 4mm more of spare room.

Posted: Jan 25, 2023 at 7:06 Quote
Correct.

I tested the 216x63 with the 1.5mm offset bushing (flipchip set low) with an x2, removed all the air and „jumped on the bike“, no issues.
-but i just tested the XL frame, for smaller frames might be different.

Anyway i could never ever bottom out the X2 even with 35% sag and no token installed, compression fully open, hucked to flat (90 kg equipped), still about 2-3mm stroke left on the shock.
With the DHX2 now I can‘t see the remainikg stroke, but i never bottomed out.

The Jeffsy is incredibly progressive.

Posted: Feb 1, 2023 at 9:33 Quote
So, I recently got a new bike and have been thinking of turning my Jeffsy back into it's slender stock-self to offer me a bigger difference between the new bike and Jeffsy. One part immediately on the choping block would be the Cane Creek Inline COIL shock. It was rebuild by Cane Creek just a couple months ago. Comes with a 450lb Vault light weight spring. Would anyone be up to trade me an air shock for this coil shock? Preferably a Cane Creek air shock but I will consider anything. Thanks, cheers!

Posted: Feb 16, 2023 at 23:43 Quote
Tmae wrote:
Correct.

I tested the 216x63 with the 1.5mm offset bushing (flipchip set low) with an x2, removed all the air and „jumped on the bike“, no issues.
-but i just tested the XL frame, for smaller frames might be different.

Anyway i could never ever bottom out the X2 even with 35% sag and no token installed, compression fully open, hucked to flat (90 kg equipped), still about 2-3mm stroke left on the shock.
With the DHX2 now I can‘t see the remainikg stroke, but i never bottomed out.

The Jeffsy is incredibly progressive.

I want to do this upgrade. I allready have a1,5 works angleset. I bought an Izzo for the trails and want to use my jeffsy just for uplifts. The onlty thing i’m worried about, is the frame up for the task? Specially when you bring the fork to 170mm. I’m 93 kg and riding a xl, so not the lightest rider.

Posted: Feb 18, 2023 at 6:04 Quote
Basically more suspension is less demanding for the frame then less suspension travel, but you will ride it harder and the angle set will bring more forces on the head tube.
So finally it‘s on your own risk.
Anyway I don‘t think it will lead to any problems, the frames, especially the „mini enduro“ Jeffsy are built quite burly.
I‘m sure there are some heavy hitting riders out there who are more demanding on the frame in stock setting.

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 1:42 Quote
Hi guys,
I got a nice jeffsy cf comp 29 from 2019. It is a 140/140mm bike, I am looking to make a more sturdy build.
I bought a 160mm fox 36, I am now wondering how to make the rear suit the fork.
I see the new jeffsy are 150mm rear, with 210*55mm suspension rather than my 210*50mm fox shock.

Do you think the frames are the same and I could suit something ilke a rockshox deluxe 210*55mm shock to make it 150mm travel ?

Thank you guys

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 4:08 Quote
arnaudgrd wrote:
Hi guys,
I got a nice jeffsy cf comp 29 from 2019. It is a 140/140mm bike, I am looking to make a more sturdy build.
I see the new jeffsy are 150mm rear, with 210*55mm suspension rather than my 210*50mm fox shock.

Do you think the frames are the same and I could suit something ilke a rockshox deluxe 210*55mm shock to make it 150mm travel ?

Thank you guys

Yes the 2019 frames are unchanged in 2023 and you can put a 210x55 shock to get 150mm travel

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 12:30 Quote
YO Guys I have a MKII YT Jeffsy and want to upgrade to a DVO coil shock, but I also want to throw a cane creek Valt progressive spring on there. does anyone have any idea if that will work or not?

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 12:55 Quote
Dvo offer their own progressive shock: https://dvosuspension.com/product/prorate-spring/

Posted: Mar 23, 2023 at 15:27 Quote
what's yall first upgrade for a 2019 YT Jeffsy CF Comp?

Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 1:20 Quote
merrikBIKE wrote:
what's yall first upgrade for a 2019 YT Jeffsy CF Comp?
brakes

Posted: Mar 24, 2023 at 7:23 Quote
arnaudgrd wrote:
Hi guys,

Thank you guys

Even 170/170 is possible (at least with an XL frame) see some posts above

merrikBIKE wrote:
YO Guys I have a MKII YT Jeffsy and want to upgrade to a DVO coil shock, but I also want to throw a cane creek Valt progressive spring on there. does anyone have any idea if that will work or not?

I wouldn‘t suggest a progressive spring, the frame is alteady VERY progressive.
You might end up too soft at the start of the travel but can‘t use the full travel.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.015506
Mobile Version of Website