Lower Mainland: where are the nice scenic XC trails ?

PB Forum :: Canada - West
Lower Mainland: where are the nice scenic XC trails ?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: May 24, 2016 at 19:07 Quote
Moved here over a year ago from Quebec.

My wife and I like scenic XC/light trail mountain biking (and yes, we like to ride UP the mountains as well, instead of taking a big truck to get up the mountain...).

From what we have ridden until now, we kinda like Burnbay mountain (nearby) and some trails in Squamish (including half nelson), but found Sumas mountain and Bear mountain in Fraser Valley somewhat too much.

We`re not into North Shore style riding (jumps, shuttling, downhill), so whih trails should we chack out for our kind of riding ?

Cheers

Posted: Jul 10, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
I personally like whistler. They have a wonderful extensive network of XC trails to explore. That doesnt have as many drops as Burnaby. However I am a newbie rider so maybe someone else with more experience has explored a bit more.

Riding up makes the ride down that much more satisfying Smile
..and its great training for Fondos.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 10:16 Quote
check out Ecellorator on Ledgview. Upper ambi is very scenic as well Just past excelorator

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 15:45 Quote
pirati wrote:
Moved here over a year ago from Quebec.

My wife and I like scenic XC/light trail mountain biking (and yes, we like to ride UP the mountains as well, instead of taking a big truck to get up the mountain...).

From what we have ridden until now, we kinda like Burnbay mountain (nearby) and some trails in Squamish (including half nelson), but found Sumas mountain and Bear mountain in Fraser Valley somewhat too much.

We`re not into North Shore style riding (jumps, shuttling, downhill), so whih trails should we chack out for our kind of riding ?

Cheers

In a few weeks the snow should have melted,, so next time your in Squamish ride up to Elfin lakes. Very easy and scenic. If your into a real grunt up hill you can ride from the bottom this will challenge all but the very fittest,,, or park up top and ride the 11 kilometers to the lakes. You can even stay over night in the large cabin if you wish. This is just a fire road trail so easy but on a sunny say the views are worth the simple ride.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009215
Mobile Version of Website