Bronson V2 sizing help?

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
Bronson V2 sizing help?
  • Next Page
Posted: Sep 4, 2016 at 4:03 Quote
I'm just under 6ft1 and have long legs n arms, I find the large bronson to fit perfectly .i tried an xl and it felt way to big.

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 8:06 Quote
Motoxbaeza wrote:
I rode both large and medium 2017 Bronson's. I'm right at 5'91/2" to 5'10" with shoes on, I felt the large frame top tube reach a wee bit long, reach was nice and roomy, but I had to slam the 150mm dropper all the way down in the seat tube just to reach the pedals comfortably. When I rode the medium I was surprised as to how roomy it felt. I came off a 2016 trek remedy 18.5" 27.5 which fit me, but needed a bit more reach, top tube was good though on it! Very clickable, I did the math on the large and I would prefer a 125mm dropper on it and the stem is 35mm stock. The medium Bronson felt spot on. Like something I could drop the post dropper down and drop straight down a big ledge without the pogo tip over feel of my old 18.5" trek remedy I had. I feel confident buying a medium to 5'10". My reach is 29" with a inseam of 31" I feel the medium is quicker and very slack, surprisingly big.

Posted: Sep 11, 2016 at 8:07 Quote
so i ended up returning the medium and riding a large

Posted: Sep 27, 2016 at 10:30 Quote
Funny to see how subjective "fits me perfect" is to us all.

I'm a shade under 6' even & my V2 large is my idea of a good fit - if I was pressed to chose another size I would rather make a M fit me vs making a XL managable.

I do think coming from a Bronson 1 that the 2nd gen ones have more room, so it's worth rechecking sizing if anyone is jumping from a B1 to a B2 - you might find the new angles mean you're now a different size.

Posted: Sep 24, 2017 at 5:54 Quote
I test rode a large recently & it was without doubt the best bike I have ridden so I want one! Im 6' tall, so should be on a large, but I'm wary that santa cruz sizes are a little but dated perhaps? Certainly my current airdrop edit is more comparable to the xl bronson in sizing, but the large rode so well I am unsure whether to size up.
I would be reusing my 35mm stem rather than the 50mm one the demo bike had.

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 4:50 Quote
mcozzy wrote:
I test rode a large recently & it was without doubt the best bike I have ridden so I want one! Im 6' tall, so should be on a large, but I'm wary that santa cruz sizes are a little but dated perhaps? Certainly my current airdrop edit is more comparable to the xl bronson in sizing, but the large rode so well I am unsure whether to size up.

I'm a shade under 6 ft tall, nearly 35 inch inseam, and have owned 2 size L V1 Bronsons, and recently an L V2. This WHOLE TIME the bikes have been too small for me, despite always being told the L was right by people in the industry.

I recently spent a bunch of money to sell off my month and a half old V2 L frame and I now have the XL on order. Don't make the same mistake as me, size up. I couldn't ride the V1 or V2 with anything less than a 70mm stem. I tried a 60mm on both V1 and V2, and was cramped. Even at just under 6ft, I'm not sure if I'll need a 40mm or 50mm stem, so I have both on order as well. The XL Bronson V2 = Kona L, among other brands as well. I would bet that the next "V3" Bronson L will fit close to the current XL.

I hope this helps!

Posted: Sep 25, 2017 at 8:35 Quote
mcozzy wrote:

Buy the Large for your hight . SC sizing is perfect . But if your looking at running 50 or 70 mm stem and 600/720 bar combos the bikes not for you .
. If you are running a 770/ 800 bar on the 35 mm stem the Large frame will be perfect for you .The bike is designed to run a 35 mm stem length and a long mm length bar ! . So the ride position is , grip bar wide or same as shoulder width , back straight , chest out ass out , power down . This is perfect for climb attack position and trail riding . When the post is dropped on decent the ergernomk of the bike allows you to get over the back of the bike to be in a neutral weight position . I think if you get the XL you will get a sour back while riding . If you purchase the XL I also feel that when on decent and the post dropped you will have to transfer too much weight to the front of the bike and it won't decent as it should . The Bronson is slack but with the new sizing of the TT you can still put plenty of " body input " into the frame .
Im 5'10 and ride the medium . Its perfect . Get used to running a 780 bar width , It may feel strange at first but one you get accustom to it its good .

Posted: Sep 27, 2017 at 5:58 Quote
Ahahaha 2 totally different answers! I will have to demo the L & XL back to back but am also wary that a v3 may well be on its way. Next year perhaps?

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 6:03 Quote
I've owned three L Bronsons, since 2013, both V1 and V2, and I'm your size. Last night I finally built up a Bronson that fits - an XL! (Bronson #4) 40mm stem installed at the moment, with a 50 at the ready.

What is your armspan, fingertip to fingertip? Did you mention your proper cycling inseam? Height alone is not the best indicator of frame size, if you're in between two sizes. Inseam and armspan can help you make a bit of a guess on this.

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 9:13 Quote
armspan 77" (1955mm)
Cycling inseam, inside leg measurement I guess ? 32" (810mm)

Posted: Sep 28, 2017 at 10:05 Quote
My armspan is roughly 74 inches, and I'm considering switching to 50mm stem, from the 40 I have installed, on my new XL frame.

By cycling inseam, I mean the measurement the shop does with a device hiked up in your crotch, which will be longer than the inseam you typically purchase pants in.

If you want to rock your 35mm stem, you most definitely will love the XL bike. You will thank me later!

Posted: Dec 21, 2017 at 9:38 Quote
I'm just shy of 5'10" and I have a Bronson v2 Medium and it fits me perfect. I have the command seatpost set at the 2.5 mark which seems just right. I love having it just on the small side so I can throw it around a bit. I live in Colorado, so there's a lot of up and down with some gravity park riding thrown in. If I was more of a racer, I might have gone the other way, but I like the play of the smaller bike. I feel more connected to it, especially with the slackness of the Bronson.

As a side note, the average man height in the US is just shy of 5'10". Why are bike manufacturers building bikes where the average height is in between? I'm sure there is a reason, but it's not obvious to me. Maybe people that buy expensive mountain bikes don't fit the averages? I'm curious.

O+
Posted: Dec 27, 2017 at 20:48 Quote
I have a L Bronson V2, and it fits me perfectly.

I am 5'11", with a 33 - 34" inseam and my arms are 31" long (top joint of shoulder to end of middle finger), and armspan of 71". I have long extremities and a short torso for my height.

I recommend demoing the bike 100% as many other suggest. Medium was too small for me.

• Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.014279
Mobile Version of Website