Ohlins TTX 22 or Fox DHX2?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
Ohlins TTX 22 or Fox DHX2?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: May 31, 2016 at 8:56 Quote
I am going to swap out the rear Fox Float X on my 2015 Dimamonback Mission Pro for a coil shock. Looking at getting either the Ohlins TTX 22 or the Fox DHX2. Reaching out for opinions on both. Thanks!

O+
Posted: May 31, 2016 at 20:58 Quote
greyson13 wrote:
I am going to swap out the rear Fox Float X on my 2015 Dimamonback Mission Pro for a coil shock. Looking at getting either the Ohlins TTX 22 or the Fox DHX2. Reaching out for opinions on both. Thanks!
out of the 2 options i would reccomend the DHX2. from the few runs i took on one it felt kind of dead and unresponsive. and the dhx2 is a very good shock. i would also reccomend looking at the DVO Jade, it feels a bit more plush and composed than the x2 when shit gets really rough

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 6:26 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
greyson13 wrote:
out of the 2 options i would reccomend the DHX2. from the few runs i took on one it felt kind of dead and unresponsive. and the dhx2 is a very good shock. i would also reccomend looking at the DVO Jade, it feels a bit more plush and composed than the x2 when shit gets really rough

You're saying you took two runs on an Ohlins?

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 6:30 Quote
greyson13 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:
greyson13 wrote:

I rode a specialized demo with one for 1 day, which is probably 15 runs.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 7:31 Quote
Giladgu wrote:
greyson13 wrote:
Giladgu wrote:

I rode a specialized demo with one for 1 day, which is probably 15 runs.

hmm, I've heard better things about them but the Jade does look like a really solid option too though

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 7:55 Quote
It's not a bad shock by any means, but when compared to other high end options from other manufacturers it just isn't quite as good and refined. Also it is more expensive.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 14:25 Quote
Not tried the Fox but I'm running a ttx22 on my Patrol and it's bloody good. For my style of riding better for me than the air shock it replaced.

Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 17:09 Quote
Greyson@ the Ohlins is a better shock, they just don't sponsor people . . . Like DVO . . . . . right giladgu@ ?

O+
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 17:15 Quote
Why you gotta be such a douche? Iv ridden all the mentioned shocks and am trying to give my honest opinion. Could my experience be due to improper setup and suspension design? Possibly.
I'm just stating what I have felt

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 7:03 Quote
its a tough choice to make...theres so many good options for rear shocks. Anyone ran the RC4? Curious about that one as I can find it for much cheaper

Posted: Jun 2, 2016 at 22:50 Quote
@giladgu being a douche calling out someone that is (DVO suspension) saying their product is the best thing when facts don't support that is bad? Check results buddy! ! !

Posted: Jan 9, 2019 at 3:51 Quote
greyson13 wrote:
its a tough choice to make...theres so many good options for rear shocks. Anyone ran the RC4? Curious about that one as I can find it for much cheaper

RC4 is a real good shock, I ve ridden it for 2 years... but really, all the shocks mentioned in this thread are good shocks. Just get a good personal tune for you and your bike and they will all preform super well.

Good shock with bad settings/tune sucks more than a cheaper one with a perfect tune...

Just ordered TTX 22 custom tuned. Can’t wait to try that out tho

Posted: Dec 26, 2019 at 7:23 Quote
So how was the Öhlund ttx coil shock you ordered?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011601
Mobile Version of Website