Coil shock on 153 process?

PB Forum :: Kona
Coil shock on 153 process?
Previous Page |
Posted: Jun 1, 2016 at 1:30 Quote
Has anyone setup a coil shock on a 153 process?

Posted: Jun 4, 2016 at 21:55 Quote
I had a vivid air on my 153, it was a fantastic upgrade, I'd imagine a coil would do the same. Go for it, I have a coil on the way for my 167.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 at 0:54 Quote
Just fitted a Vivid coil and rode it on a decent loop yesterday, climbs just as bad as with the monarch but is much more controlled descending and traversing over tech.

Posted: Jul 18, 2016 at 9:45 Quote
Do you know what size & stroke is required for a Process 153?

Posted: Sep 8, 2016 at 13:28 Quote
Do it! Riding a Kona Process 153 with the Rock Shox RC2 Vivid Coil as well. The monarch air shock is garbage compared to it. I spent countless rides trying to dial in the Monarch without finding a optimal setting. With some research and a educated guess, buying the spring weight was the hardest step. After the first couple of rides and minimal tuning, it feels light years better. Ready to attack anything. Climbing difference? The vivd bobs less.... Much better. PERIOD. The industry keeps on trying to sell air. Pish, posh....

Get the coil shock and enjoy!

Posted: Sep 29, 2016 at 8:06 Quote
Got the fox dhx2 with the climb switch, awesome upgrade. Climbs better but on the downs, o man its good. I thought the monarch was rubbish especially after comparing the 2. It feels great, I recommend the coil for the process

Posted: Dec 15, 2016 at 12:52 Quote
after blowing my monarch debonair again doing some uplifts, im thinking of going coil but im worried about it being to linear i really like the pop and mid travel support from the air monarch. sucks for small bumps ect but of i really dont want to ruin the playfulness.
the bike jumps like a flea with air can and don't want to destroy that feeling. is there a massive difference or does the bike keep its pop .
fox dhx2 cs or x2 air cs looking like my faves. its got to have a climb switch as it gets some pedal miles done aswell

Posted: Dec 16, 2016 at 4:44 Quote
after a few months on a vivid coil i found it lacked mid stroke response, definitely more sensitive beginning stroke but when you hit the chop it felt overwhelmed and like it was packing up. Ive since moved to a float x2 and i am very impressed

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 2:31 Quote
Justins151 wrote:
Do it! Riding a Kona Process 153 with the Rock Shox RC2 Vivid Coil as well. The monarch air shock is garbage compared to it. I spent countless rides trying to dial in the Monarch without finding a optimal setting. With some research and a educated guess, buying the spring weight was the hardest step. After the first couple of rides and minimal tuning, it feels light years better. Ready to attack anything. Climbing difference? The vivd bobs less.... Much better. PERIOD. The industry keeps on trying to sell air. Pish, posh....

Get the coil shock and enjoy!

Posted: Oct 18, 2017 at 2:31 Quote
What sag have you gone for on the coil?

Posted: Oct 30, 2017 at 9:31 Quote
ran the ohlins ttx 22 coil this year on my 2015 153 and it transformed the bike. amazing upgrade, really have loved the switch to coil.
I am so bummed that I can't keep it for my 2018 153 as ohlins doesn't have a trunnion mount yet. My ttx22 off my 2015 will be up for sale once the new bike comes in Frown

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2017 at 16:26 Quote
richsoffar wrote:
ran the ohlins ttx 22 coil this year on my 2015 153 and it transformed the bike. amazing upgrade, really have loved the switch to coil.
I am so bummed that I can't keep it for my 2018 153 as ohlins doesn't have a trunnion mount yet. My ttx22 off my 2015 will be up for sale once the new bike comes in Frown

What are the coil options you've identified for the 2018 153?

Got my new 2018 153 sitting in a box until spring time and looking to swap some parts around- shock being top of my list.

Posted: Nov 13, 2017 at 8:10 Quote
tyoj wrote:
richsoffar wrote:

Got my new 2018 153 sitting in a box until spring time and looking to swap some parts around- shock being top of my list.

honestly I haven't looked into it too much. Ive spoken with the guys at ohlins and they are working on metric size shocks for next year but don't know if they are going to do a trunnion mount version.
Only thing Ive really seen is the rock shox super deluxe coil that we have seen Connor running on that tan preproduction process 153 he was riding.

O+
Posted: Nov 14, 2017 at 15:41 Quote
richsoffar wrote:
tyoj wrote:
richsoffar wrote:

honestly I haven't looked into it too much. Ive spoken with the guys at ohlins and they are working on metric size shocks for next year but don't know if they are going to do a trunnion mount version.
Only thing Ive really seen is the rock shox super deluxe coil that we have seen Connor running on that tan preproduction process 153 he was riding.

Great information!

Any idea what the eye to eye on the Process G2 is?

Previous Page |

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.016065
Mobile Version of Website