Coil shock on 153 process?

PB Forum :: Kona
Coil shock on 153 process?
Posted: Jul 5, 2018 at 9:53 Quote
m07mmukh wrote:

I don't believe that it is removable. It sounds like you have the RC model of the shock, which doesn't have the bottom out adjust nor the air pressure valve. I haven't seen on sale online, but I think it exists. Can you upload a picture?

O+
Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 5:36 Quote
It's definitively the hlr model, has both adjustments for high and low speed compression. Will try upload a photo.

The x fusion response was 'this shock nor for sale, please check with the person who sold you it'.

Posted: Jul 6, 2018 at 8:55 Quote
Yeah Ive found X-Fusion customer service to be pretty awful. It's a shame since they make such a good product.
Hell if you ask them a technical question, they usually just refer you to Mad Suspension, at least they did to me. (http://www.madsuspension.com/) May be worth contacting them.

O+
Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 2:50 Quote
Here is the shock, And yeah the guy who was helping me is off to a a bike show for a week so wont be able to reply apparently, as if they've only got one customer support staff member. Also sent them a message on instagram as they seem fairly active, and they replied with a single emoji ahah. Useless
photo

about the shock though ive got a 500 spring weigh around 80kg depending on how much gear im carrying and havent felt any bottom outs as yet even off 4 foot drops onto a road. I just dont want those open sections to get shit in when the weather eventually turns

Posted: Jul 7, 2018 at 3:16 Quote
That is peculiar, but indeed it looks like the volume adjust and valve have been removed. Hope the guy who sold it gets back to you with some info. I would just keep on riding it and eventually send it to a reputable Xfusion service center.

Posted: Apr 11, 2019 at 20:43 Quote
Thanks for this thread. I too was having trouble with the RS Monarch on my 153, and just mounted up a CC DB Coil CS. The difference is just plain remarkable. The Cane Creek is so much better in all aspects of performance that words can't describe. Well worth the money.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 9:17 Quote
So, not to beat a dead horse but what coil shock worked the best on the 2018 process 153? Seeing a lot of numbers and opinions and I want to find the best one for the bike!

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:43 Quote
yukonman wrote:
So, not to beat a dead horse but what coil shock worked the best on the 2018 process 153? Seeing a lot of numbers and opinions and I want to find the best one for the bike!

Marzocchi Bomber CR worked extremely well for me.

O+
Posted: Mar 27, 2020 at 14:44 Quote
sham8723 wrote:
yukonman wrote:

Also, I think the weight was pretty competitive with other coil shocks... but fact check me on that.

Posted: Mar 31, 2020 at 4:58 Quote
I wanted to put one on my 111. The dudes at Kona say don’t do it. Mostly because of how the linkage is designed. The shock is carrying some of the load so your likely to have problems. Like breaking the shaft on a coil shock is what I was told. I don’t know anyone who’s done it so no real world data to pass on.

Posted: Apr 1, 2020 at 2:51 Quote
dicknolte wrote:
Like breaking the shaft on a coil shock is what I was told. I don’t know anyone who’s done it so no real world data to pass on.

Make sure you are running brand new linkage bearings before running a coil on a G1 Process. I had 1 bad bearing and it ate up the shaft. Service your shock often and change the bearings.

O+
Posted: May 11, 2020 at 9:41 Quote
sham8723 wrote:
yukonman wrote:

What stroke did you end up going with?

Posted: May 13, 2020 at 21:34 Quote
yukonman wrote:

I’m continuing to be very happy with the Cane Creek DB Coil CS. I’m about 185 lb, so say 200 lb in kit, and I went with the high side of the Cane Creek spring calculator at 550lb. I run about 1 turn of preload. Shock is awesome. I can tune it to be poppy if I want, and in stock tune it just feels planted and very fast. Plenty of adjustability in the damping to make it how I want, but honestly, after a season of fiddling with it I’ve come back to the factory settings and really like it. I’m a ‘set it and forget it’ kind of guy so the factory tune is a great all-around setup.

No matter how I tune it, I can make the front match it. Lyric with Charger upgrade. I’m running 1 token right now.

Going uphill is fun too. No bob when out of the saddle. It just feels planted with great traction.

I’ve had the Cane Creek on the bike a year now and will never go back to air.

Posted: May 28, 2020 at 5:28 Quote
I just popped a Cane Creek DBAir IL on my Process. Utterly transformed the bike. Its playful and agile and seems way more planted when pedalling than it did with the monarch which like others have noted, was a pain to set up properly.

Posted: Jun 5, 2020 at 19:55 Quote
Yes, I'm really impressed with the climb switch on the Cane Creek shocks. Excellent pedaling platform.

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.013389
Mobile Version of Website