Spartan sizing

PB Forum :: Devinci
Spartan sizing
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 11, 2016 at 10:16 Quote
Hi guys,
I'm want to get a spartan but i'm curious about the size. I'm 1,75m so devincinis recommending a m-size.

i'm looking for a compact bike for hometrails and park. I don't care too much about tours or racing.
I just rode a couple of bikes (for example rose soul fire 2 in m) and it was way too long for me (even if rose js recommending an m frame). So i'm kinda scared ordering an spartan in m without having the opportunity testriding it. There's no devinci dealer in my nearby area Frown

What's your sizes and how does the spartan "feel" during riding? Long? Compact? Playful?

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 13:41 Quote
Damip wrote:
Hi guys,
I'm want to get a spartan but i'm curious about the size. I'm 1,75m so devincinis recommending a m-size.

i'm looking for a compact bike for hometrails and park. I don't care too much about tours or racing.
I just rode a couple of bikes (for example rose soul fire 2 in m) and it was way too long for me (even if rose js recommending an m frame). So i'm kinda scared ordering an spartan in m without having the opportunity testriding it. There's no devinci dealer in my nearby area Frown

What's your sizes and how does the spartan "feel" during riding? Long? Compact? Playful?

hey man, I'm in the same boat as you are. Planning on getting the devinci carbo. I used to ride an M Spesh Enduro 2015. I'm around 5'8ish and I did try the M spartan but without the pedals, so just sit on it with the dropper all the way down. I think size for me is fine. But then I saw this review http://www.mbr.co.uk/reviews/27-5-full-suspension-bikes/devinci-spartan-xp-2015-review saying you need to size up if you can. So now, I'm a bit confused. I should have asked the shop to put a pedals on it but I was on a little hurry that time. Hopefully, someone can enlighten us here.

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 17:56 Quote
about 6 1' here 235lbs and rode the spartan L. bike felt a little compact but super playful. i like my bikes a bit longer and would have preferred the XL but i had no issues with the L.

Posted: Jun 12, 2016 at 21:56 Quote
At 6' exactly, the large is perfect for me. Still feels longish but in a good way. Wouldn't want it smaller.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 1:49 Quote
trailmandan wrote:
about 6 1' here 235lbs and rode the spartan L. bike felt a little compact but super playful. i like my bikes a bit longer and would have preferred the XL but i had no issues with the L.
hey mate did you get to test ride the xl. I'm the same height as you. Where I live it's hard to test ride anything. Currently on a large 2012 blur lt and it way too short in the top tube. The devinci size chart puts me borderline large or xl. If you could change would you get the xl.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 6:34 Quote
Turboute wrote:
trailmandan wrote:
hey mate did you get to test ride the xl. I'm the same height as you. Where I live it's hard to test ride anything. Currently on a large 2012 blur lt and it way too short in the top tube. The devinci size chart puts me borderline large or xl. If you could change would you get the xl.

Did test the xl and Would defenantly be going to the xl if i wasn't Ordering a troy in an xl now. Then this winter an xl wilson.

Posted: Jun 13, 2016 at 16:55 Quote
Thanks mate. Did you get to ride any other bikes, nomad, evil etc ?

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 19:32 Quote
I'm 5' 8.5" or so, & went medium. bike doesn't feel cramped, but it's not uber-long either. take a look at seat tube length before you decide to upsize: M to L is 40mm longer. that would have put me with having to take the stock dropper off immediately & replace it with a 100mm one, & still probably being real close to too long.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 at 21:19 Quote
groghunter wrote:
I'm 5' 8.5" or so, & went medium. bike doesn't feel cramped, but it's not uber-long either. take a look at seat tube length before you decide to upsize: M to L is 40mm longer. that would have put me with having to take the stock dropper off immediately & replace it with a 100mm one, & still probably being real close to too long.
At 6' I run a large with the 150mm dropper about 1" up from full bottom.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.009919
Mobile Version of Website