2014 Float X vs Debonair Plus - Transition Bandit 29er

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
2014 Float X vs Debonair Plus - Transition Bandit 29er
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 14, 2016 at 7:49 Quote
Folks,

I really need to upgrade my current rear shock (Monarch R). I'm blowing through it and realistically am over-powering it from long/gnarly descents on the North Shore ...I could also use some more adjustability (i.e. climb mode).

I have been offered two options within about $50 US of eachother - a new 2014 Float X and a mostly new 2015 Monarch Debonair Plus RC3. Both are tuned pretty well to the leverage ratio of the bike.

Does anyone have experience with both that could weigh in? I've done a bunch of googling and read reviews, but could use some input from the forum.

Thanks,

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 10:53 Quote
I have a Rockshox Monarch Plus RC3 on my WFO 9 and it rules. Wouldn't change it out on my bike at least. Tbh both are really great shocks. May I ask what bike you have? And what fork do you currently have on your bike as well? I'm running a Pike with my Monarch plus and I really love the combo.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 10:55 Quote
Duhhhhh didn't see that you said what bike you have I apologize for my stupidity XD I have a long travel 29er(Niner WFO 9) and I find that Pike and Monarch plus RC3 combo to be killer.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 11:28 Quote
transition might have an opinion on that. have you contacted them? in my humble opinion, i would just go with whichever one costs less. they're both great shocks.

O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 12:03 Quote
I did reach out to Transition - they did not do any testing with the RC3, just an RT3 debonair, so they didn't have much comment on the 29er. However, they did spec the 27.5 bandit with the RC3, so it should be similar.

I'm running a fox 34 on the front - over-forked to 140mm.

In the end, I think I may have snagged a deal on an RT3 debonair which is too sweet to pass up.

Thanks for the comments!

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 7:30 Quote
Pretty dang easy to work on the Monarchs, and they just do the job without catastrophic failure.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009648
Mobile Version of Website