Bike rack opinions

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
Bike rack opinions
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 12:24 Quote
Hi there - wondering if anybody has any experience re: north shore racks vs thule T2 rack with the 2 bike add-on? Looking for a solid, stable 4-bike rack that won't cause any damage to the bike at all (not sure if the northshore scratches where the fork sits on it?) Thanks!

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 15:50 Quote
Check out recon racks, only touches the tire!

Super awesome racks!

O+
Posted: Jun 22, 2016 at 0:55 Quote
I have both, and they are different, but both are great racks so far. What you are worrying about with the NS rack, can easily be covered by putting tape around the fork where it sits on the rack. This way if there is any rubbing, it only rubs the tape. Use a strong tape that will still come off clean. The T2 is the rack I use more but only because I find it easier to take on and off the vehicle. I only have my racks on when in use. I'd go for the T2 Pro if you want a Thule. Don't bother with the T2 classic. If you are worried about price, a 4 bike N shore works out to be about $500 cheaper than the T2 +2. That's a factor for many. Depending on your driving, on the T2, if you back into anything, you will wreck your rack If you do on the NS, kiss your bike goodbye. Personally, I like supporting local companies. But if there is an issue, I can go right to them to sort it out. If I lived far away, it can be a problem.
I see more NS racks on shuttling roads and trails. If you are going offload, I'd probably go that route.
Unfortunately, I've emailed NS racks twice in the last 2 weeks with no reply. Not sure if they are away right now.
Either way, good luck.

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 20:44 Quote
I have a Yakima Hold up that works great and doesn't touch anything but tires. Also, 1UPUSA.com makes a sweet rack and all their parts can be replaced. However, they are pricey but you will only but it once.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.019059
Mobile Version of Website