Crack in Frame of Trek Slash 7 2013

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
Crack in Frame of Trek Slash 7 2013
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 12:40 Quote
I have ridden this bike hard for 3 seasons, and during cleaning today I noticed this crack. I chipped away the paint a little bit around it to make sure that the crack was in the frame, and not just in the paint. It is in the frame. However, it doesn't go all the way through, but I would say more than half way. I use this bike for enduro-dowhill riding. How serious is this, and what should I do/is there anything to do about it? Thanks in advance.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 18:06 Quote
Its the start of something serious. If you are the original owner of the bike take it and proof of purchase (copy of your receipt) to your LBS that deals Trek, preferably the LBS you bought the bike from.. They can send it off to Trek for warranty, usually get one of two responses here is a new frame of whatever year we have available or they will offer you a warranty replacement program and a new frame a steal of a deal. If you are not the original owner still go to your local Trek store or LBS that deals trek and you may still qualify for a frame replacement program and cost you some $$ to replace.

It is a pivot point with stress and will only get worse as time goes on.

Posted: Jun 15, 2016 at 18:26 Quote
Thanks :/ Im not the original owner, but I will take it to my local trek spot and see what they can do. Sucky thing to happen in the spring, but these things happen I guess

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.014662
Mobile Version of Website