Need Help Deciding: YT Tues, SC V10, or Neither!

PB Forum :: Downhill
Need Help Deciding: YT Tues, SC V10, or Neither!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 11:31 Quote
Calling DH Riders:

I am moving from the south to Colorado in a few weeks, and will FINALLY live closer to some big mountains with lift accessed DH riding. I am in the market for a DH rig but my background is trail riding and BMX, so I'm hoping some of you who have ridden a variety of DH bikes over the years can help me out.

I ride a Nomad 3, great bike and I am used to VPP...so my first "logical" thought was that I'd like a V10. On the other hand, I do not want a pure plow bike, my style is definitely more on the playful side vs. pure speed. Would you consider the new (27.5) V10 to be a plow bike? I've heard its actually quite flickable, but I've never ridden one so I wouldn't know.

This led me to start looking at other options, and a YT Tues Pro seems like it would be sick too...and possibly a bit more playful than the V10 due to a different suspension design and slightly higher BB? I have not ridden one of these either yet, so I just do not know.

Ok, so even further....I am open-minded. Maybe neither of these is the right choice. Maybe even a 26" Knolly Podium or a Norco Aurum...hard to say.

Anyone with much experience on these rigs who can hopefully give some non-biased info on ride characteristics of these bikes?

Thanks dudes, ride on...

Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 13:53 Quote
I've heard that the intense m16 carbon is playful and it has VPP.

O+
Posted: Jun 16, 2016 at 18:26 Quote
Santa cruz bikes are way over priced. You can find equal or better bikes for much cheaper. Can't go wrong with a YT

Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 9:18 Quote
I just bought the tues al, and my friend has the tues cf pro. When I rode his tues, it didn't feel very "flickable" and I think it had to do with the long wheelbase. But still I wanted to get one so I did. The price is relatively unbeatable. My bike hasn't arrived yet but I can't wait to ride once it gets here.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.040149
Mobile Version of Website