What would you get instead of a Yeti SB5c?

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
What would you get instead of a Yeti SB5c?
  • Previous Page
O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 9:58 Quote
My old ibis Mojo (2008 ) just gave up on me last week so I am in dire need of a new ride. My components are too old to get a new frame, so I need help picking a new bike. I demoed a Yeti SB5c last week and absolutely loved it! The only issue is the price... Frown i'm seriously considering the Enduro version, but I figured I would see what others think first. What would you get in the category?

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 10:44 Quote
FrankFH wrote:
My old ibis Mojo (2008 ) just gave up on me last week so I am in dire need of a new ride. My components are too old to get a new frame, so I need help picking a new bike. I demoed a Yeti SB5c last week and absolutely loved it! The only issue is the price... Frown i'm seriously considering the Enduro version, but I figured I would see what others think first. What would you get in the category?

Transition Patrol, Giant Reign, or Kona Process (in no particular order). Yeti's are nice but $$$$$

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 11:35 Quote
Trek Remedy.. etc.. Lot's of popular bikes in that segment.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 12:25 Quote
fatblockabody wrote:
Trek Remedy.. etc.. Lot's of popular bikes in that segment.

Thanks!

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 14:56 Quote
What type of bike are you looking for? I'm an AM rider and I got a Niner WFO 9 and I absolutely love it.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 16:16 Quote
If price is the concern, then hands down the Kona process. I've demoed a lot of bikes and it maintains that same aggressiveness as the sb5c while still having that pop.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 18:17 Quote
FrankFH wrote:
what is your $$ limit?

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 18:22 Quote
What's your size. There's a killer deal on a Remedy 8/9 in buy/sell right now near you.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 18:34 Quote
lifeofloon wrote:
What's your size. There's a killer deal on a Remedy 8/9 in buy/sell right now near you.

i'm 5'11" i usually ride a large.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 18:56 Quote
FrankFH wrote:

If you can afford the enduro version I'd do it. The 200g really isn't going to change anything.

I love my Norco Range. Similar to a process in terms of ride quality.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 19:01 Quote
what about the Devinci Troy Carbon? There is a new one for sale on the BuySell which seems like it's a pretty good deal.

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 19:10 Quote
FrankFH wrote:
what about the Devinci Troy Carbon? There is a new one for sale on the BuySell which seems like it's a pretty good deal.

A friend used to ride one and he rated it. The sizing is quite small though (at least on the slightly older one, they might have updated it). So be sure to test ride it.

O+
Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 19:12 Quote
mini-freerider wrote:
FrankFH wrote:

A friend used to ride one and he rated it. The sizing is quite small though (at least on the slightly older one, they might have updated it). So be sure to test ride it.

He hated it? Good to know, thank!

Posted: Jun 21, 2016 at 19:35 Quote
FrankFH wrote:
mini-freerider wrote:
FrankFH wrote:

He hated it? Good to know, thank!

Sorry, Rated it haha. He liked it a lot.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.012272
Mobile Version of Website