Build your own if there aren't any local

O+ FL
Posted: Jun 26, 2016 at 18:50 Quote
TheNotoriousDIG wrote:
Build your own if there aren't any local

dont have enough land

O+
Posted: Jul 5, 2017 at 20:25 Quote
north saanich freeride ain't big enough?

Posted: Jul 7, 2017 at 21:37 Quote
There was a bunch of jumps out in haro woods by UVIC but I'm not sure if any are still there. I know the big line got plowed back in late may and a buddy told me he heard the crazy old man came in and wrecked all the jumps on the smaller line but I haven't been down to check for my self yet.

Posted: Apr 28, 2019 at 21:42 Quote
I know this is kinda old, but I've seen haro and there are still a few rolls and step-ups, but unfortunately the rest has been plowed through. Also, since it hasn't been maintained there are weeds and branches all over, so it would take some work to clean it up. It also looks like they're developing part of it into some sort of housing. Another issue is that the park is divided into 4 sections, owned by Uvic, the CRD, and Saanich(2 lots on either side). They say that the jump building has caused damage, and that they want to ban mountain biking off the designated trails, but they say they will try to find a nearby lot that can be converted into a dirt jump park or something similar.

So as of now, haro is probably the closest place to Victoria, but it isn't very good anymore, and it might not be around very long.

Posted: May 11, 2019 at 6:40 Quote
MTBOB wrote:
I know this is kinda old, but I've seen haro and there are still a few rolls and step-ups, but unfortunately the rest has been plowed through. Also, since it hasn't been maintained there are weeds and branches all over, so it would take some work to clean it up. It also looks like they're developing part of it into some sort of housing. Another issue is that the park is divided into 4 sections, owned by Uvic, the CRD, and Saanich(2 lots on either side). They say that the jump building has caused damage, and that they want to ban mountain biking off the designated trails, but they say they will try to find a nearby lot that can be converted into a dirt jump park or something similar.

So as of now, haro is probably the closest place to Victoria, but it isn't very good anymore, and it might not be around very long.

And now that haros been plowed there is going to be a new jump park at mcminn in broadmead. Should be done 3rd week of june qccorsing to their schedule looks pretty good and is actually in riding distance for me so i dont have to ride 15 km to vic west to ride.

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 20:54 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
And now that haros been plowed there is going to be a new jump park at mcminn in broadmead. Should be done 3rd week of june qccorsing to their schedule looks pretty good and is actually in riding distance for me so i dont have to ride 15 km to vic west to ride.

Oh yeah I've ridden past there on the Goose a while ago, is it same as Haro, like kind of low-key under the radar? Or is it like properly maintained? It's about a 45 min ride for me there so I'd like to check it out, just wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks

Posted: Jun 19, 2019 at 23:52 Quote
MTBOB wrote:
Tristanc wrote:

Oh yeah I've ridden past there on the Goose a while ago, is it same as Haro, like kind of low-key under the radar? Or is it like properly maintained? It's about a 45 min ride for me there so I'd like to check it out, just wondering if it's worth it.

Thanks

Its public public like saanich sanctioned and built by saanich with diggers in the centre of the park, but it hasnt been started yet. Saanich delayed the project by 2 to 4 months sadly if ur looking for bigger dirt jumps theres a secret spot 5 mins out from there but its not quite done yet as its too dry to dig rn and 1 lip needs to be fixed before the lines ridable

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 16:12 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
MTBOB wrote:
Tristanc wrote:

Thanks

Its public public like saanich sanctioned and built by saanich with diggers in the centre of the park, but it hasnt been started yet. Saanich delayed the project by 2 to 4 months sadly if ur looking for bigger dirt jumps theres a secret spot 5 mins out from there but its not quite done yet as its too dry to dig rn and 1 lip needs to be fixed before the lines ridable

Where is the secret spot?

Posted: Jun 9, 2020 at 16:22 Quote
BrandonBuysBikes wrote:
Tristanc wrote:
MTBOB wrote:

Thanks

Dm me on insta
Tristan_crocker

Posted: Jun 12, 2020 at 13:17 Quote
Tristanc wrote:
BrandonBuysBikes wrote:
Tristanc wrote:

Dm me on insta
Tristan_crocker

I dm but no response, my username is BranderMan on insta

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.011499
Mobile Version of Website