How Does Buying On Pinkbike Work?
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 22:10 Quote
This is what I've heard:

As a Buyer

1) Use PayPal
2) Ask the person to send pictures
3) Buy local

OR) Get it shipped (this is what I'm considering because no bikes local)
5) Cross your fingers and hope the bike comes as expected

What happens if you get the right bike, but it is in way crappier condition then expected?
Is there anything you can do? - if not, I'd probably say it is sketch to buy a bike like this... especially expensive ones...

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 22:32 Quote
kobld wrote:
This is what I've heard:

As a Buyer

1) Use PayPal
3) Buy local

What happens if you get the right bike, but it is in way crappier condition then expected?
Is there anything you can do? - if not, I'd probably say it is sketch to buy a bike like this... especially expensive ones...

i would only buy a used bike that's local; the other stuff is fine though, forks, seat posts, saddles, etc.

Posted: Jun 23, 2016 at 22:48 Quote
wrote:
[Quote]
i would only buy a used bike that's local; the other stuff is fine though, forks, seat posts, saddles, etc.

That's what I figured.

Anyone else chime in? -- interested to hear if someone may prove this wrong

Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 11:26 Quote
wrote:
kobld wrote:
[Quote]

That's what I figured.

Anyone else chime in? -- interested to hear if someone may prove this wrong

I know I'm digging up an older thread, but I bought my DH bike here. We exchanged a few messages and then spoke on the phone to confirm condition of the bike and a location to meet. We met at a public place (bike park) and I paid cash after going over the bike.

Posted: Aug 17, 2016 at 7:06 Quote
I bought my Enduro bike on pink bike. I'm from new Orleans and bought it in north Carolina.
The guy had the bike well advertised and messaged him asking the usual questions condition etc.
Made him an offer and he shipped it to me. I paid through paypal so whatever happens I can always get my money back. That's the nice thing about paypal. Always safe. If the bike never arrives you file a claim and you get your money back . if it comes broken or not as described b the seller you file a claim and get your money back.
Of course don't buy a bike from someone that is advertised badly.
The bike arrived perfectly packaged and as described. No problems.
That's my experience.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 8:41 Quote
When did you pay with paypal-before you get it or at the moment when you got it,because that's a lot of money and I'm scared to lost them.
Garducio wrote:
I bought my Enduro bike on pink bike. I'm from new Orleans and bought it in north Carolina.
The guy had the bike well advertised and messaged him asking the usual questions condition etc.
Made him an offer and he shipped it to me. I paid through paypal so whatever happens I can always get my money back. That's the nice thing about paypal. Always safe. If the bike never arrives you file a claim and you get your money back . if it comes broken or not as described b the seller you file a claim and get your money back.
Of course don't buy a bike from someone that is advertised badly.
The bike arrived perfectly packaged and as described. No problems.
That's my experience.

Posted: Jun 22, 2019 at 8:44 Quote
4)How seller to send it to me.I live in Bulgaria and the seller in Britain.Please help.
kobld wrote:
This is what I've heard:

As a Buyer

1) Use PayPal
3) Buy local

Previous Page | Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009812
Mobile Version of Website