On One Codeine 27.5 review

PB Forum :: All Mountain, Enduro & Cross-Country
On One Codeine 27.5 review
Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 7:13 Quote
i might be over thinking it. but im thinking linkages and mech hanger........ bearings should be available from any bearing suppliers. theres a few negative stories about planetx after sales and warrenty issues. and they do seem to run a bit hot and cold with availabilty on some of their stuff. iv been to the shop several times over the last year or so and they have less and less on the shelves and rely more on the website. iv been looking at a spare mech hanger as i always like to have one for any bike iv owned. but they'd run out of stock. just yesterday i ordered one but its on pre-order for when they supposed to have them available (january). as i say i might be over thinking

Posted: Nov 26, 2017 at 7:34 Quote
Planet x/ On-One have stopped doing the bearing kits, but the Get ON-ONE and ride group managed to find a supplier , bit better quality (not that their ones are that bad by all accounts) and a bit cheaper. Look on the Get ON-ONE and ride site for site address. On-One reckon they got some more mech hangers on order. Some members been trying to get another supplier for the hangers,waiting to hear i believe.

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 6:11 Quote
I spoke to staff the other day about the Codeine 27.5 and its disappearance off the website. According to them it is still in production, they are just waiting for a stock of frames to build bikes up. I guess it'll be back on the website soon.

Posted: Nov 27, 2017 at 7:45 Quote
be interested to see if that happens as they are still selling the frames. according to their website, they have all sizes and both colours in stock, except the medium stealth.

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 14:03 Quote
Ended up getting a Nukeproof Mega 2018 in the end. Very pleased with it,but obviously was quite a bit more money.

JP

Posted: Dec 4, 2017 at 15:15 Quote
If anybody wants a mech hanger for a 27.5 Codeine drop me a IM, I have one free to a good home plus postage costs.

Rob

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
The hanger has now gone.
Regards
Rob

Posted: Dec 7, 2017 at 8:48 Quote
codienes back on the website, but says 'coming soon'

Posted: Dec 15, 2017 at 8:18 Quote
AAAAAAANNNNNNNDD................its gone againCool

Posted: Jan 9, 2018 at 7:59 Quote
relaxitscool wrote:
Any update in this?

Rob

Finally, closure; they came through...

Posted: Feb 23, 2018 at 18:20 Quote
I'm 5'11'' (180cm, 86cm inseam) and was wondering weather the L isn't too large already. What do you think?

Posted: Feb 24, 2018 at 0:06 Quote
niconj wrote:
I'm 5'11'' (180cm, 86cm inseam) and was wondering weather the L isn't too large already. What do you think?

I’m 6’ and was on the border of medium and large so I went for the large but I find it a bit too long we should’ve gone for medium their sizing guide does say up to 6’ go for medium.
It’s great down hill but on the flat it’s a bit of a stretch even with a 35 mm stem. And climbing it is a job to get the weight on the front.
Go go for the Medium.
Great bike

Posted: Oct 1, 2018 at 14:11 Quote
So it's been almost a year since the "incident"... while I was trying to get On One's attention and dealing with them, I picked up a new (then) 2017 Nukeproof Mega. I rode it most of this year, but just didn't get on with it like I thought I would... meanwhile, On One came through with new stays and I built that bike back up too (using parts from my Scout hardtail), and alternated between the 2 for a while, even taking them both on vacation. I came to the conclusion that I liked the Codeine a lot better, so I sold the Mega a few weeks ago...

Meanwhile, I'm trying to heal some injuries, it's been raining a lot, my warranty recently expired and I'm feeling bummed about selling my "new" bike frame... so what does one do in such circumstances?

Some might strip the paint from their Codeine and start polishing...

(some are blurry for some reason, but if you click on them they display correctly)
I also figure it'll be easier to see cracks forming on the bare metal than the gloss black paint. I had intended to polish the whole frame, but stopped at the top tube and front of the downtube/head tube because I could polish that part while built... but the raw metal fading into the polished part is really growing on me...

Posted: Oct 2, 2018 at 11:22 Quote
That looks fantastic, makes me wish I had never sold mine.

Posted: Nov 26, 2018 at 12:04 Quote
really like the raw look without decals. is the part of the frame thats not polished coated with anything?

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.051160
Mobile Version of Website