Foot Sticks to Pedal Too Much

PB Forum :: BMX (20")
Foot Sticks to Pedal Too Much
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 8, 2016 at 17:57 Quote
I was trying to manual my bike and almost looped out. I tried to catch myself with my foot, but it was completely stuck to the pedal. I can see how this is good, obviously not going to slip off. But I thought it was too much because I needed to get it off. (I must have bent my knees because the front wheel went back down).

Can anyone suggest good pedals?

Posted: Jul 9, 2016 at 7:02 Quote
Get some plastics, seriously, they're grippy but not too grippy and they're cheap also light weight..

Did I mention cheap? I just bought 3 pairs of Stolen thermalite pedals for 60$

Edit: shit, just realized I'm in the BMX section and youre likely already on plastics...

Posted: Jul 27, 2016 at 22:16 Quote
Try shitty shoes like dc. They don't grip pedals well.

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 0:25 Quote
watanake wrote:
I was trying to manual my bike and almost looped out. I tried to catch myself with my foot, but it was completely stuck to the pedal. I can see how this is good, obviously not going to slip off. But I thought it was too much because I needed to get it off. (I must have bent my knees because the front wheel went back down).

make sure you actually pick you foot up off the pedal most of the time people have this issue they panic and just try to slide their foot off. And if that doesn't work then file pins down if they can't be removed or just file some pins off

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 0:26 Quote
fruitsd79 wrote:
Try shitty shoes like dc. They don't grip pedals well.
dc shoes grip pedals fine you're just picking shitty riding shoes or bad pedals cause a nice set of the dc spartan high tops and pretty much any pedal is perfect riding set up

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 6:57 Quote
Also practice looping out by popping the bike out from under you and landing on your feet. If they are stuck on pop the bike away from you to get to your feet. After a while when ever you are about to loop you will automatically do that. You do want a decent amount of pedal grip. But once you've got it there's a technique for separating yourself from the pedals in tricky situations.

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 13:12 Quote
O-7plymaple-O wrote:
Also practice looping out by popping the bike out from under you and landing on your feet. If they are stuck on pop the bike away from you to get to your feet. After a while when ever you are about to loop you will automatically do that. You do want a decent amount of pedal grip. But once you've got it there's a technique for separating yourself from the pedals in tricky situations.
different people like different amounts of stickiness to the pedals some prefer to feel locked in others like feeling they can shift their feet around as needed. This is good advice though practicing bailing can make trying things a lot more comfortable.

Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 10:07 Quote
watanake wrote:

crankbrothers stamp pedals and vans

O+ FL
Posted: Jan 3, 2017 at 10:35 Quote
canadianoreos wrote:
watanake wrote:

crankbrothers stamp pedals and vans

crankbrothers stamp pedals are literally the only pedal i have ever seen snap at the axle. just saying.

Posted: Feb 26, 2017 at 18:24 Quote
watanake wrote:

that depends on how much you have to spend and what you like though. but personally my favorite plastic pedals were the odyssey jcpc's not sure if those are made anymore. i would flip out the pins off one side and have extra pins on the other to protect pins while grinding. i also liked the premium slim metal pedals and a number of other thin pedal designs but they tend to cost more and you need to go with mtb companies to get the best ones. blackspire makes some that are the same as a pair i used to ride but different company name on them and they are lighter then plastic pedals and lasted me like almost 2 years but im also really hard on pedals. i know a lot of people like odyssey twisted pcs and the grandstands. personally though i murder pc pedals quick so i stick to medal or plastics with medal pins. my buddy ran some thin platforms like that think they were premium or something not sure though. i also prefer sealed bearings. i hear people are also liking the bsd geraffic pedals or whatever they are called.

Posted: Feb 27, 2017 at 5:16 Quote
The OP posted aND ditched...

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.009737
Mobile Version of Website