Thread of political debate and discussion

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Thread of political debate and discussion
Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 10:48 Quote
Go away, Noah. Lol jk man

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:10 Quote
I'm concerned about the economy.

Stock prices dropped last night, then went up today.

The dollar went down yesterday but not sure about today.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:11 Quote
PHeller wrote:
StupidFastRebound wrote:
Now I happen to agree with you, and believe that trump is a very nasty person and has most likely gotten away with despicable things, like most billionaires and millionaires of his ilk. However my point being, what is the point of bringing up all this trash?

I could honestly care less about Pence being President or even the Republican majority, but I want to see Trump go down in flames because he deserves it.
you would rather see one man fail than an entire country succeed. You are part of the problem.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
StupidFastRebound wrote:
PHeller wrote:
StupidFastRebound wrote:
Now I happen to agree with you, and believe that trump is a very nasty person and has most likely gotten away with despicable things, like most billionaires and millionaires of his ilk. However my point being, what is the point of bringing up all this trash?

I could honestly care less about Pence being President or even the Republican majority, but I want to see Trump go down in flames because he deserves it.
you would rather see one man fail than an entire country succeed. You are part of the problem.

nailed it.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:35 Quote
StupidFastRebound wrote:
PHeller wrote:
StupidFastRebound wrote:

What? How is what I said anything related to that. I want the country to succeed and what I'm saying is that we don't need a childish idiot like Trump in order to do that. He's likely not to do a whole lot anyhow except open his stupid arrogant mouth.

The rest of the world was not frightened by a Republican Presidency, they were frightened by a Trump Presidency.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:37 Quote
Tmonster2301 wrote:
I'm concerned about the economy.

Stock prices dropped last night, then went up today.

The dollar went down yesterday but not sure about today.

Eh there are pros and cons to the dollar dropping. A drop in home currency compared to those abroad means a boost for exporting companies as it becomes cheaper to by from the country with low currency so they buy more. Increases profits for large exporting business and grows the economy through tax.

There are many negatives too and other positives but meh.

And the stock markets dropping mightn't be as bad as you think either. The FTSE dropped post credit but climbed up again in a couple months to nearly a 52 week high.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:47 Quote
PHeller wrote:
StupidFastRebound wrote:
PHeller wrote:

What? How is what I said anything related to that. I want the country to succeed and what I'm saying is that we don't need a childish idiot like Trump in order to do that. He's likely not to do a whole lot anyhow except open his stupid arrogant mouth.

The rest of the world was not frightened by a Republican Presidency, they were frightened by a Trump Presidency.

Well, he's the next president so wishing him to go down in flames is wishing the country to go down in flames. and in both the senate and house elections Republicans won so he will be more efficient that way.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:52 Quote
Cmac101 wrote:
PHeller wrote:
StupidFastRebound wrote:

Well, he's the next president so wishing him to go down in flames is wishing the country to go down in flames. and in both the senate and house elections Republicans won so he will be more efficient that way.

False. The country and Federal Government would run just fine without him. Pence would be President and we'd have a leader who isn't ideal, but at least isn't an idiot.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 11:59 Quote
PHeller wrote:
Cmac101 wrote:
PHeller wrote:

False. The country and Federal Government would run just fine without him. Pence would be President and we'd have a leader who isn't ideal, but at least isn't an idiot.

News flash: Pence didn't run for president. Trump did. and he won, too. Pence was running for a second term as governor of Indiana when Trump chose him as his VP

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 12:11 Quote
I like it when liberal blowhards choke on their own smugness.

If only instead of hurling empty insults that stepped back and thought about what is actually going own, they would look slightly less stupid.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 12:45 Quote
Axxe wrote:

If only instead of hurling empty insults that stepped back and thought about what is actually going own, they would look slightly less stupid.
The name calling and ideological divisiveness is present on both sides and is a huge problem. In fact your showing the exact thing you are complaining about. Used to be that you didnt have to agree with other people but still showed an ounce of respect for people with different ideas.

Fight hard and when the battle is done shake hands. Also get ready to work together against common enemies.

I'll listen to a conservative and show respect and look for understanding, try it too.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 12:53 Quote
I'll blame the media for this. They have turned ideas and political leanings into sports teams. You root for your team, right or wrong, win or lose.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 13:42 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

The name calling and ideological divisiveness is present on both sides and is a huge problem. In fact your showing the exact thing you are complaining about. Used to be that you didnt have to agree with other people but still showed an ounce of respect for people with different ideas.

Fight hard and when the battle is done shake hands. Also get ready to work together against common enemies.

I'll listen to a conservative and show respect and look for understanding, try it too.

My insults are not empty.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 13:46 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
I'll blame the media for this. They have turned ideas and political leanings into sports teams. You root for your team, right or wrong, win or lose.

Well said.

Posted: Nov 9, 2016 at 13:49 Quote
Axxe wrote:
inverted180 wrote:
Axxe wrote:

My insults are not empty.

The man has a point. Liberals tend to aim for feel good, ineffective legislation with no logic expended in the thought process. "Assault weapons" bans are a perfect example.

Copyright © 2000 - 2019. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.011882
Mobile Version of Website