Thread of political debate and discussion

PB Forum :: Pinkbike Groups
Thread of political debate and discussion
Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 17:45 Quote
Gotta give Iffy credit, he is in here getting gang raped but he still puts up a good fight.

On the issue of Tritium. I think the answer is probably somewhere in between (like usual) the doom and gloom that Iffy would have us believe and the it aint no thang attitude. Cancer rates are rising and we need to carefully consider the consequences of our actions.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 17:47 Quote
theminsta wrote:
There is a difference between less educated and stupid. I think iffy is both of those though

Aaaand the propaganda that Trump supporters are less intelligent.. was that ever proven or just marxist groupthink
Iffy has zero post secondary education...

And no, it wasn't proven.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 17:51 Quote
iffy wrote:
badbadleroybrown wrote:
iffy wrote:

the last US election results prove your theory Wink
It really does... thank God the electoral college was there to save us from those idiots.

I suppose it needed spelling out that I was refering to the winning candidate...but as usual you see what you want to see.
As usual, you were talking out of your ass and failed to make your point...

PS - More college educated voters voted for Trump than for Clinton. Take illegals out of the totals and a majority of every demographic voted Trump.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 18:55 Quote
iffy wrote:
Yes the same stuff is in your luminous watch gunsights etc.
Harmless in relative emissons but it is a different deal when ingested, so better stop licking your guns..

As the radioactive isotope of hydrogen, tritium has a number of unusual properties,
including high mobility; ubiquity in the environment; cycling in the biosphere;
multiple pathways to man; ease of exchange with stable H atoms in biomolecules;
binding with biomolecules to form OBT with higher dose coefficients; and the heterogeneous distribution
OBT in cells/tissues.

The short range of tritium’s beta particle in tissue means that tritium’s microdosimetric effects and distribution in
tissues and cells must be considered. For these reasons, many scientific concerns have been expressed about tritium

if you have no idea what this means or concerns that the damaged reactors are going to produce staggering quantities which they are planning on dumping into the Pacific Ocean for the next 30-40 years, then dont worry.

carry on.

OMG you truly are a hopeless imbecile.

No, there are no "scientific" concerns over tritium. We know everything that there is to know. It is a weak beta source. Do you have the slightest realization that there are beta sources around and inside of you all the time at levels by many more orders of magnitude higher than anything from Fukishima.

Do you know what "order of magnitude" means?

There is ZERO health effect over the long term from the tiny amount of tritium released. Anybody stating otherwise is a moron or an attention seeker or both.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 18:58 Quote
inverted180 wrote:
Gotta give Iffy credit, he is in here getting gang raped but he still puts up a good fight.

That is not a good fight. That is like watching a drunk rolling in a ditch. Mildly amusing.

On the issue of tritium and Fukushima- there is no grey area. There are people who know, like myself, and those who do not.

Posted: Sep 13, 2017 at 19:00 Quote
iffy wrote:
Axxe wrote:
iffy wrote:
tritium, look it up moron.

Tell me more about it. I guess I did not learn enough while getting my PhD.

Go on, tell us. I guess you did not make enough fool of yourself. In particular, explain how beta decay of tritium is in any form or shape distinct from any other beta decay of natural isotopes. And how you are normally shielded from tritium produced by cosmic rays.

there are few things as dangerous as a moron with a PhD, you are living proof it seems.

Oh, how cute. So you know absolutely nothing, and just throwing insults about those who do.
Yes, good sir. I am educated, smart, and talk about things I do understand. I realize it is intimidating to you, but that's life. Deal with it.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 2:20 Quote
gang raped? meh you f*ckwits will never prove anything beyond your closed minded prejudice and ignorance, you think I pay any attention to your dumb comments?

Axxe, educated smart and talk about things you think you understand = educated fool.

" we know everything there is to know" ? such an arrogant statement can only come out of the mouth of an embicile.

" No, there are no "scientific" concerns over tritium."? says you...and people who have an interest in disposing of it cheaply.

You can pretend that there are no issues and carry on in your little bubbles but gloom and doom is the future if we ignore the warning signs and believe the propoganda.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 6:07 Quote
iffy wrote:
gang raped? meh you f*ckwits will never prove anything beyond your closed minded prejudice and ignorance, you think I pay any attention to your dumb comments?

Axxe, educated smart and talk about things you think you understand = educated fool.

" we know everything there is to know" ? such an arrogant statement can only come out of the mouth of an embicile.

" No, there are no "scientific" concerns over tritium."? says you...and people who have an interest in disposing of it cheaply.

You can pretend that there are no issues and carry on in your little bubbles but gloom and doom is the future if we ignore the warning signs and believe the propoganda.

Iffy, you believe the scientific community when they are talking about anthropogenic climate change but choose to ignore the scientific community when they say this tritium laden water is safe to disperse in the ocean. Sometimes we aren't screwed.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 6:56 Quote
someone is not telling the whole story, maybe we should consider their funding.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 7:37 Quote
iffy wrote:
someone is not telling the whole story, maybe we should consider their funding.

Are you talking about climate scientists?

You truly are an ignoramus. Things like the nature of beta radiation, its levels, sources, possible health effects etc. are trivial to understand with some minimal effort. That is in contrast to long term climate models.

You choose to be an uneducated idiot. I guess there is no cure for that.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 8:43 Quote
lol Axe, they may be trivial to understand, even to somebody as dumb as you.

You miss the point entirely, the non disclosure of the possible or likely impacts of the long term or emergency release of nuclear waste into the enviroment, not to mention studies and actual evidence and data collected by scientists have been disregarded and remain unpublished.

The WHO is effectively gagged by the IAEA and many reports by scientists which they do not favor are dismissed.

Why would that be?

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 9:09 Quote
Jebus. What a dolt.

At this point it is beyond clear that you are just taking a piss, without slightest understanding of anything on the topic. It is not even entertaining.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 9:10 Quote
Its OK if you do not understand or are too frightened to accept the truth, you are not the only one.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 9:42 Quote
You really don't get tired from drooling on keyboard, do you?

If you had been genuinely interested, I could have lifted my (weak, as everything online) anonymity a bit and pointed you to some papers I wrote that are relevant to the subject, but it seems you are not worth the trouble.

Posted: Sep 14, 2017 at 9:56 Quote
thanks but I'm not really interested in your highschool homework.

Copyright © 2000 - 2017. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.024394
Mobile Version of Website