Lost The Love

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 14, 2016 at 3:04 Quote
I have been crazy about mountain biking for nearly 4 years, but recently I've had quite a few accidents and I'm struggling to get the motivation to get back out and ride, especially when it comes to hitting jumps like I was, I just keep thinking of negative stuff so all the excitement has been lost. I was just wondering if anyone had similar experiences and how they got over them?

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 at 23:32 Quote
Take it easy mate. It's been hard for me to get motivated to ride these last few months, getting married in a couple weeks and gf is paranoid about me breaking something coming up to wedding, it's been in the back of my mind every ride stopping me enjoying it as much.

Just take it easy and stay away from the bigger stuff for a while till you get it back. Or buy some new shiney parts Smile

Editor O+ FL
Posted: Aug 7, 2016 at 19:51 Quote
Coming back from an injury can be an extremely frustrating process, especially if you find yourself backing down from jumps or other trail features that you used to ride without any problems. I've spent my fair share of time on the injured list, and the best advice I can give is to be patient, and don't try to force yourself to ride anything you're not comfortable with. Hitting jump and drops may need to take a backseat while you go on mellower cross-country rides, but over time you'll start regaining confidence as the memories of your accidents begin to fade and you get reacquainted with your bike.

Mountain biking should be a choice, not a chore – there's no point in forcing yourself to do something you're not comfortable with. This might be a good time to mix up your routine a little bit – maybe add in some running, hiking, or another outdoor activity. I'd hate for you to give up mountain biking for good, but some time away could be what it takes to get re-energized. Personally, any time I lace up a pair of running shoes it's not long before I start wishing I was on a mountain bike instead...

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 8:17 Quote
birnie wrote:
I have been crazy about mountain biking for nearly 4 years, but recently I've had quite a few accidents and I'm struggling to get the motivation to get back out and ride, especially when it comes to hitting jumps like I was, I just keep thinking of negative stuff so all the excitement has been lost. I was just wondering if anyone had similar experiences and how they got over them?

Yeah i'm on the same thing now.I only ride bike to my job and that's it.It just suddenly stoped being fun for me but in next week i will get back on bike since i will be racing.Right now this is what i did:

1)Cleaned,lubed and overall fixed my bike.

I just like to do something with bike so right now my bike is 100% ready for ride.

2)Did other sports.

Since i started being active and i don't do anything that will tire me out i get tantrum and just get pissed easy.So now i'm doing a bit of running (not much 2-3 2-3km distance laps) and since it's summer i'm swiming when weather is nice.Also i ride my MX bike just for fun and i'm doing some windsurfing since there is a harbour and i can rent board for 1 euro.I was doing WS as teen so coming back and now since i'm stronger and got some experience from other sports it's damn fun when you cut our lake in 2 min.

And that is all.I just hope that when i get back i will have a blast on my bike.

Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 9:50 Quote
Instead of going for big jumps and drops, try some fast, aggressive flowy stuff. There's less risk of injury, but the speed alone can be a lot of fun, throw in some big burms and even some smaller jumps to rebuild confidence and it all adds up to fun no matter how you slice it.

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 12:34 Quote
After spine surgery and recovery I had a hard time accepting that I can't do what I used to on the bike. Granted it was nothing crazy to begin with, but it was still fun for me. I rode past the drops and watched others enjoy what I had previously rode with ease and it just felt like I was just wasting time out there. Until a fairly new rider approached one of the trail features and had second thoughts about it a little too late. He was fine and brushed himself off and then I realized..... I was there once. I couldn't ride all the features out there on my trail either. So I started thinking along those lines and riding became enjoyable again. I still don't ride like I did, but I've come to accept the fact that trying to get to that point, like the new rider I saw was, is why I enjoyed riding to begin with.

I hope you don't hang it up and come to find the enjoyment again.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.010471
Mobile Version of Website