2016 5010 Sizing Help

PB Forum :: Santa Cruz
2016 5010 Sizing Help
Previous Page | Next Page
Posted: Jul 16, 2016 at 21:13 Quote
Hey all,

I'm 5'6" and need some help choosing a 5010 frame size. The Santa Cruz sizing charts says I need a medium but I've been on a medium tallboy 1 for the last 5 years. I love it but it has always felt just a bit to big for my lower body, I have the seat fairly far forward in the rails in order to get the crank under me properly. At my height it seems like I'm in the middle of ever bikes sizing. Either I'm a little dude and medium are a tall dude on a small.

I've ridden both the small and medium 5010 and either can fit me fine with a bit of stem and seat adjustments. I'm making the movie to the 5010 because I want something more playful than the TB. So for all the other riders that are in between sizes do you lean towards the smaller bike or the larger bike?

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks.

Posted: Jul 21, 2016 at 18:22 Quote
I'm 5'8 and been on the medium for 3 years damb thing fits me like a glove. Can't imagine 2 inches would make that much difference. The medium dosent feel big.

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 11:08 Quote
Check where you have the seat post on the Medium, it has a 150 dropper vs the 125 on the small. I think the 150 dropper on the Medium will feel better if you get your seat/stem/stack set up right.

The bike rips. You will be very happy/.

Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 8:57 Quote
I'm also assuming you are talking about the 2016 v2 model. I can't speak to the prior geometry. A short stem, and bars with a bit of sweep will help the medium feel better. Just make sure you can get your weight balanced and over the front tire so the bike doesn't feel like it's running away from you. Send me a PM if you want to chat about it further. I've ridden various bikes that were both too big and also too small. Finding the balance is hard but at 5,6" you are in the medium category on the SC size chart. If you are buying from a shop talk to them about swapping the stock stem out, at no charge to get the fit right. If not a shop, I have recently seen some good deals on the buysell pages for 2016 models.

Cheers

O+
Posted: Aug 5, 2016 at 20:49 Quote
I'm 5'8.5" and the 2016 v2 medium is absolutely perfect. Mind you, at a seat height of 69cm (center of BB to top of saddle), with a 150mm Reverb, I literally can't go more than 2mm lower.

If I were one inch shorter, though, I'd change for the 125mm post instead of the smaller frame. I wouldn't want the bike any shorter in terms of cockpit. It's perfect. I just did Singletrack 6 on it and I've never trusted a bike this much.

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 9:18 Quote
I'm 5'6" and I picked the Med, I find it perfect.

Previous Page | Next Page

Your subscriptions
no posts

Copyright © 2000 - 2022. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.006765
Mobile Version of Website