Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)
O+
Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 22:18 Quote
Hey Wylie, ya as Greg said its a first year course and some restrictions had to be implemented in order to make the race happen-for a while we weren't sure a 17-18 catagory would happen. But check out the course pictures and try to come out and have a watch this weekend and chear for the racers.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 22:23 Quote
I think I should be able to make it.

But a summer long of A-line, Dirt Merchant and the Boneyard really has done it in for my off packed dirt, steep, rocky, rooty, off-camber skillage.

Posted: Oct 14, 2007 at 23:44 Quote
i wish i could see it before admissions... Confused Redface Cry why would i race a course ive never seen

question: will it be open to riders in the weeks and months AFTER the race? PM if necessary

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 0:10 Quote
^Made in Canada-
Not sure what you are asking about racing a course you've never seen-lots of races are like that. That's why we go to them and practice a day or two before. On the note of being open after the race-yes like Bear Mtn, Red will be open to ride, you just need to push your bike up as the roads are gated for each.

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 0:15 Quote
ya man i agree completely. fact is i dont have a 4x4, (i have a standard 81 volvoMadder you may say tahts good but it has bald tires right now Razz )

i know where the bear mtn parking lot is, but no idea where the road is that takes me to the top... let alone the RIGHT path......

ergo i can't practice... short of asking someone to actually show me, i really have no other way Frown

obviously i am a novice

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 0:19 Quote
wait wait i think i just got a hint there and almost didnt realize it..

bigquotesThat's why we go to them and practice a day or two before

if you don't believe the saying about blondes.......... DO.

welll.... i will be sitting in the parking lot with my Gear, my Bike and Free Tim Hortons Coffee + donuts Wink

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 8:45 Quote
Here's a few shots of the course from yesterday to get your stoke on!!

Full set here http://dave-m.pinkbike.com/album/Arduum/

photo

photo

photo

photo

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:55 Quote
what time can i show up on what day so i can hitch a ride to the top?

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 10:59 Quote
brule wrote:
I just got back from the Arduum course and tried to fire off a few pics too. Will upload them tonight or in the morning. So knarly, yet so good! Come one come all-you need to race this course to say that you've done it!

photo
photo
photo
photo
photo
photo

I wish I was there.....sobbing.

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:02 Quote
^^made in Canada,
Here is the info you want, straight from the original post:

Shuttles run from 1030am-330pm on Saturday then from 800am-1000am on Sunday.

NOw any other time you want to ride that course will mean pushing or find another ride with someone that has keys to the 2 gates.

ty

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:18 Quote
very much appreciated!

Salute

O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:26 Quote
Weather forecast

This should make things interesting.....and by interesting I mean fricken scary!!!!!!!!

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:42 Quote
if anyone is going up at all during this week..... i can drive to the parking lot, i just have no clue where to go after that.

even if people are walking up past the gates, i haven't been able to arrange anybody to come with me (everyone's working).

- - - - - - >so if anybody is cool with me coming along on one of the days leading up to the race, (today-friday) please PM me - - - - - -

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 11:44 Quote
dave-m wrote:
Weather forecast

This should make things interesting.....and by interesting I mean fricken scary!!!!!!!!

haha yeah i noticed that

Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 13:36 Quote
madeincanada wrote:
dave-m wrote:
Weather forecast

haha yeah i noticed that

I love it when guys are afraid of weather. C'mon you puss-balls. Race for the rest of us that want to be there......fer gawds sakes!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.018674
Mobile Version of Website