Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)
Mod O+
Posted: Oct 15, 2007 at 23:32 Quote
Here is the course vid from Brent Tahk.

Views: 631    Faves: 3    Comments: 0

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 8:10 Quote
THe race is a go. Check www.arduumchallenge.com for all the details. Official word came down from council last night, I just got the word now.

Greg

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 9:46 Quote
Alright all the details are now on the main page too, so have a look and you'd better all be there this weekend!

https://www.pinkbike.com/news/arduum-challenge-2007.html

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 11:05 Quote
anyone goin up to the course today? tomorrow? wednsday? thursday? friday? i was thinkin of sittin in the parking lot with bike, coffee and sign: 'arduum or bust' but it's the middle of the workweek i don't know if i want to drive from abbotsford to be dissapointed when nobody shows up.

which leads me to the question; the exit of the course leads out in to the 'bear mountain' parking lot? ie/ if thats where i went i wouldnt miss everyone headin up to the top

yes. right now i am unemployed. (laid off due to strikes) so i am bored. i ride my bike at every chance i can get, but for some reason i havent been able to network with many other riders, let alone ones who actually like to GET OUT AND RIDE. You may say thats silly, but ive only been riding seriously again in the past year, and within that time spent a lot of time in the garage upgrading.Therefor i have to make these desperate cry's for help when i want to not ride alone

i could easily DO the course, but i wouldn't stand a chance in a race Razz

i'm willing to volenteer for the event Smile

although im not an FVMBA member yet, i might as well register when the new year starts seein how this year's only got 2 months left Wink

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:00 Quote
You're thinking the right spot. The course ends on a road that comes out on Dewdney about 30 seconds up the road from the parking area at the millpond.

One guy rode his DH bike to the top in 18 minutes last weekend, but he is far from being considered "mortal" I'd say the average guy would take about 45 minutes.

I'm not sure of access issues due to logging, blasting or gate access since the road goes right past the shooting range and there is active road work higher up. You'd have to ask Greg (bansheeair) about that.

The website has contact info for volunteers.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:28 Quote
madeincanada wrote:
i'm willing to volenteer for the event Smile

although im not an FVMBA member yet, i might as well register when the new year starts seein how this year's only got 2 months left Wink

Contact Denise on the race site. She'll find a job for you. Volunteering is also a great way for you to meet some other riders in the area. Smile

As far as people heading up to the trail. You would have to take your chances, we are all busy this week with last minute details, although I am thinking of a night ride with the lights to see how scary that can be on this course. You in Tyler...Dave?

Greg

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:38 Quote
Night ride? I'm scared enough in the daylight, for me that would be suicide!!

I'm attempting to take Friday off. No idea if I will be successful though. The construction industry is just a tad busy these days.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:40 Quote
sweet, thanks for in info guys Smile

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:40 Quote
Greg I WILL NOT be riding that course in the dark anytime soon! Hahaha but thats only cause I don;t have lights (right thats it). Maybe once it gets really wet up there though, then we should do night rides-sicko!

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 12:43 Quote
dave-m wrote:
Night ride? I'm scared enough in the daylight, for me that would be suicide!!

I'm attempting to take Friday off. No idea if I will be successful though. The construction industry is just a tad busy these days.

- - - - - - - - -let me know if i can come with, if say you do get friday off.
- - - - - - -

well instead of waiting on the road with my thumb up my rear.. im studyin for upcoming university tests and lookin for a new job.... i am a CNC operator but i havent applyd for any CNC jobs recently.....YET. i'm sick of low paying dead enders. which is why im going to school.. but in the mean time of course everyone needs money

p.s. an email has been sent to denise

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 13:07 Quote
Night ride, greg i'm in, personally i think the course will be less scary, you can't see what's coming, or maybe i'm just not that smart

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 17:55 Quote
you gents gonna have a hardtail category??

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 18:55 Quote
jordanorco wrote:

is it safe to say "Rofl" to that? Razz

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 19:06 Quote
madeincanada wrote:
jordanorco wrote:

is it safe to say "Rofl" to that? Razz

what? is it any worse than mount 7 psychosis?
...or have you still not even seen the Arduum course?

shutup

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:06 Quote
Its not as smooth as Psychosis. THere is not a hardtail class this year but we will take it into consideration for next year. In fact, I thought about riding it on my hardtail just to see what it is like. It is really rough on the dually so we'll see if I can grow big enough balls to try it.

Greg

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.015974
Mobile Version of Website