Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)

PB Forum :: Downhill
Oct. 20 and 21 DH Race at Red Mtn. (north of Mission BC)
O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 20:35 Quote
Any word on what format the shuttling will be for the race weekend? Volunteer trucks, vans like the huck wagon? Just wondering how we will be riding to the top. Also, is there any chance that if you had you own shuttle truck/driver that they could shuttle you and some friends or will the road only be open to the official shutle vehicles(s)? May be able to shuttle other riders, just curious.

Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 21:14 Quote
The road will be gated and locked. The only way up will be to hike a bike or get in the cube van.

O+
Posted: Oct 16, 2007 at 21:30 Quote
How will the bikes be fastened down inside the can? I'm not to keen on having a big moshpit of bikes like the back of some people trucks. If my bike is going to get broken I would rather do it riding. Just concerned about my baby.Wink

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 7:51 Quote
The riders (yourself) will be in the back of the cube van holding them. Its really quite simple. This is how race shuttles were done in the days before lift accessed mountains got into the game. Can fit usually 30 riders and bikes.

O+
Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 8:07 Quote
Not so much a moshpit of bikes, but more like a cattle drive, and the smell is similar!

It gives you time to bond with the other racers on the ride up. I like to eat chili, burritos and cabbage soup the night before cube van shuttles.

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 8:30 Quote
There will be chilli at the concession for people just in case "davem countermeasures" are needed. This gives everyone a fighting chance, not just an advantage for Dave. Don't forget, DO NOT wash your armour and to pull out the well worn, seasoned and never washed jersey. Mine is coming out of retirement if I can remember what dark corner of the storage shed it is in. LOL

Posted: Oct 17, 2007 at 12:35 Quote
...and for the first time; i'm glad i'm not IN the race lol hahaha

O+
Posted: Oct 18, 2007 at 13:35 Quote
That's pretty sweet! Good work Ewan-maybe if the race unfolds as expected you'll have a new frame sooner than you think. See ya'll there in a few days.

Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 18:10 Quote
Will Radek race and wear the helmet cam is what I want to know.........

Mod O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 18:31 Quote
postcanyonloc wrote:
Will Radek race and wear the helmet cam is what I want to know.........
I won't race. I wish I could. Last weekend I ate shit on my moto and have a boo boo with one of my arms. I can't hold on to bars right now.
Maybe someone else wants to run the helmet cam?

Any takers?

O+
Posted: Oct 20, 2007 at 23:10 Quote
Some pictures from practice today:

photo
photo
photo
photo

See you all out there tomorrow!

Posted: Oct 21, 2007 at 10:46 Quote
brule wrote:
Some pictures from practice today:

photo

This is sickest line for racing........GOOOOAAAAALLLLLL!

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.051025
Mobile Version of Website