CHALLENGE : Do Dead dog on a road bike

PB Forum :: Downhill
CHALLENGE : Do Dead dog on a road bike
Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 22:34 Quote
i did read till page 6. got a little repetitive though. i'm just stoked on getting a new bike. its about time. i'm going from an 06 stinky thats small for me. to a Sinister R9.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 22:35 Quote
Hummeroid wrote:
Whoinventeduphill wrote:
you guys realize how easily road wheels taco right.......... u'd be dead within 10 seconds. i saw a vid of some roadie hitting a dog going up in the tour de france. his wheel shatters and he goes face first into the ground. i laughed.

did you read the WHOLE thread? :-) We know the risks. We know our bike parts. We are prepared. WE ARE SPARTANS

I think he actually thought the thread was about running over a dog?! Confused

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 22:37 Quote
lol i just realized that! i totally wasnt thinking about that ahahahaha. i know that dead dog is a superrr steep trail in bc.

Posted: Mar 5, 2008 at 23:03 Quote
Whoinventeduphill wrote:
you guys realize how easily road wheels taco right.......... u'd be dead within 10 seconds. i saw a vid of some roadie hitting a dog going up in the tour de france. his wheel shatters and he goes face first into the ground. i laughed.

The dog/bike incident in the TdF is a relatively bad example. The wheel didn't taco. The dog hit it from the side HARD, and those wheels have no longitudinal strength. They break from very little pressure from the side. However, latitudinal strength is very strong. Obviously not as strong as DH wheels, but still very, very strong (they do ride over heavy cobblestone in the TdF).

Posted: Mar 11, 2008 at 21:35 Quote
im f*cking down,you guys gimmie a 24 of canadian and the bike il suit up in full hockey gear and bomb the bitch

Posted: Mar 17, 2008 at 6:41 Quote
Whoinventeduphill wrote:

Pretty freaking hard to do considering those wheels are damn hard to vertically break, and it only weighed like 400g, which is like half a DH rim for an entire wheel.

It could be done. 36h deepvs to high flange tank hubs, cyclocross knobblies. You MIGHT make it to the bottom with something resembling a bike.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 9:45 Quote
heavymike wrote:
I'll tell you right now, ITS NOT WORTH IT. If you walked the trail once you'd most definatly understand. Most of the really good riders are scared shitless on downhill bikes. On a road bike, i gurantee you wouldn't even make it down the first 25 meters of the trail haha.
he didnt say you coudlnt be on the brakes the whole time

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 10:59 Quote
downhillmafia wrote:
heavymike wrote:
I'll tell you right now, ITS NOT WORTH IT. If you walked the trail once you'd most definatly understand. Most of the really good riders are scared shitless on downhill bikes. On a road bike, i gurantee you wouldn't even make it down the first 25 meters of the trail haha.
he didnt say you coudlnt be on the brakes the whole time

Most DH riders ARE on the brakes the whole time.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 11:02 Quote
why on earth did this get bumped? i still remeber it back from over a year ago though lol.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 19:42 Quote
holy f*ck, noob medic there downhillmafia.....

Mod
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 19:44 Quote
I'm going to go so far and say - with the current trail conditions - we'd need a hearse or at the minimum a medi helo if someone dared it on a road bike.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
Lets close this thread...

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 19:45 Quote
thats a good idea.

O+
Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 19:47 Quote
this thread is legendary dont lock it.

Posted: Mar 28, 2009 at 19:50 Quote
why am i no longer subscribed? this thread is amazing

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.011675
Mobile Version of Website