YT Tues CF sizing help!

PB Forum :: Other
YT Tues CF sizing help!
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 19, 2016 at 18:24 Quote
Ok so I am buying a yt tues cf and cannot decide on size.... I am 5'10" and am riding a L SC bronson.YT recommends I get a medium (spoke on the phone with them today and said i shouldnt compare my ride to a DH bikes geo). He said an xl v10 has longer reach than a yt in large and would be too big...unless I am racing at full gas and want to be more centered on the bike...thus confusing me even more.
Zink rides a medium but that is a custom 26er version and he is 5 11. I am so confused on what size to get. I rode a tr500 in large the other day, it felt fine in the rocks but maybe a bit sluggish and long on the jumps. I have never ridden a medum to compare but from what ive gathered it may be the ticket for a more fun bike. However, Im concerned at my height with fairly long torso/arms I may feel too cramped riding everything but jumps. I do about 70%jumps and the rest rocks and gnarly terrain. Any input would be much appreciated. Thanks

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 7:22 Quote
I am 5'10" and chose a medium YT Tues CF. I am very happy with the size. It's perfect.

Posted: Aug 21, 2016 at 7:48 Quote
mrsteve1982 wrote:
Im 6ft and ride a large, to be honest if it was an inch longer i would be happier!
The wife is 5 5 and rides a medium and finds it a perfect fit.

Just remember a smaller bike is more sensitive to your body position, ie moving 10mm is a bigger % shift in weight distribution. So at the end of a long run as your muscles are giving up, you are less likely to upset the bikes balance at that crucial point in time.

Saying all that... 2cm between S and M in virtual top tube length isn't a huge deal, there is more than that between a V10 Large and a YT Tues Large!

Posted: Oct 24, 2016 at 12:09 Quote
I'm 5'10" and bought a Medium which was already 2" longer than my exhisting old Medium frame. Now I'm used to it I'd probably go for a Large next though for that touch more stretch.

Posted: Nov 10, 2016 at 2:03 Quote
Does anybody know what kind of rear brake mount I would need for Saints on a YT Tues CF Pro 2016? (203mm rotor) Thanks

Posted: Jan 21, 2017 at 6:30 Quote
I am 5.10 and have just decided to order the large. Looking at the figures my current trail bike has a longer top tube and reach then the medium Tues hence why am choosing large. Does anyone know what color spring comes in the fox 40 on the large framed bike. Cheers

Posted: Feb 9, 2017 at 12:56 Quote
I am 5'10 and got the medium cf. it feels spot on for the reach. I would say if you are planning on racing dh get the large. if you are doing more jumps at the bike park get the medium, I do not race so a medium is good for my short runs at my local bike park, I did sit on a large cf and it felt too big for what I do.

Posted: Aug 16, 2017 at 13:53 Quote
How does it ride? What did you for?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.012740
Mobile Version of Website