What Manitou Fork are you running.......? and Rate It

PB Forum :: Mechanics' Lounge
What Manitou Fork are you running.......? and Rate It
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 19:13 Quote
So there is not another thread for this.

What Manitou Fork are you running and how does it perform? on a 0-10 scale

I have a Manitou Travis Single TPC plus 150 mm

It works awsome and looks pretty dope.

The TPC plus damping feels incredibly supple and adjustable

its reasonably light.

id give it a 10-10

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 19:28 Quote
i've used goldlables before and theyre nice.

Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 19:40 Quote
manitou stance, hate it half the time its stiff as rock and doest do anything the other half it is super soft and can be bottomed out by pushing down on it, the rebound knob does nothing and that is the only adjustment on the fork the only time it worked well was the first week i had it, rate 1/10

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 20:40 Quote
Im runnin a 06 travis trip instric and its great super plush and smooth 9-10

O+
Posted: Feb 5, 2008 at 20:48 Quote
Ran an '05 Minute 1:00. It was awful. The travel adjust was starting to break, the damping and compression were all jacked up, and it made clunk sounds. Sold it with my old Rockhopper. I'll give it a 4 because it had 130mm of travel and it looked ok.

Running an '05 Manitou Splice that came on my Rockhopper. I replaced it with the Minute and it turns out the the Splice is much better, so I'm running it on my singlespeed. It's amazing, and I have no idea why. It's cheap, but so smooth and predictable. It's perfect for my 130 lbs, with only one adjustment knob, but I love it. I'll give it an 8.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 5:47 Quote
I am a huge fan of the early models elite SPV, minute, I had a dorado SC for a while(before I sold it)... anything in the early 2000-2004 range was perfect... the air ones especially. I have run those forks harder and longer than any fork I have ever had. Not just on XXC bikes either. I have run thse poor things on my DJ/STREET/PARK bikes and punished them to no end... light wieght, durable and easily serviceable what can I say I was a huge fan o those... I just wish that manitou would get their smack together and run a steel insert in the bolt area for the mounting area in the fork... My biggest and all time pet peeve with their forks (NO EXCLUSIONS HERE) is they always in one way shape or form strip the bolts right out of the fork... YES I've done all the helicoils in every fork I've stripped the threads, but the fact of the matter is... IT HAPPENS... when will they get there smack together, and make the lowers like the ol dorado sc? great strong chunk o' aluminum that had plenty of threads(SOLID)... They could do that even with the fork the way it is... just making the bottom BEAFIER in that general area... a 4lb fork that is durable enough to hold a brake on is better than a fork that YOINKS the bolts when you get the brake going... aaah alas I am STILL waiting...

FL
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 5:51 Quote
i have an 06 goldlabel 1 at 80mm. I love it it's nice and stiff and it performs well for street/park/dj. The only concern i have with it is last year a little bit of oil was leaking out of the rebound knob. Still feels fine but it will have to be looked at.

9/10

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 5:54 Quote
i still have my stock Trace and they are horrible. Very very stiff and no movement what so ever. Adjustment knob doesn't work and they're leaking.

.5/10

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 5:58 Quote
nixon super intrinsic's, they are on their 3rd set of lowers, had a fault at the 20mm axle bols and kept sheering allowing the front wheel to fall out!!

I would swap them in an instant if i could, the performance is so hit or miss, sometimes they work, other times they dont, do not buy manitou!

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 6:02 Quote
lunker8 wrote:
i have an 06 goldlabel 1 at 80mm. I love it it's nice and stiff and it performs well for street/park/dj. The only concern i have with it is last year a little bit of oil was leaking out of the rebound knob. Still feels fine but it will have to be looked at.

9/10
the seals leaking is a manitou thing just know that... it is/always has been an issue through the adjustment knobs... just a small seal too how ridiculous huh

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 6:04 Quote
I had two sets of nixons also... the seals blew the first week! Not because of bad seals... they just weren't in far enough straight from the factory? WEIRD... as soon as I put them back in they went 1/2 inch lower into the seal cup.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 6:06 Quote
lowrider1234 wrote:
i still have my stock Trace and they are horrible. Very very stiff and no movement what so ever. Adjustment knob doesn't work and they're leaking.

.5/10
sorry dude... those are made to be broken in... the seals and bushings are STIFF... don't give up on those just yet.. the seals are like Z-150's.. Just keep lubing the seals, and riding them... you'll be fine soon(if you ride hard)...

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 6:10 Quote
twowheels4ever wrote:
lowrider1234 wrote:

.5/10
sorry dude... those are made to be broken in... the seals and bushings are STIFF... don't give up on those just yet.. the seals are like Z-150's.. Just keep lubing the seals, and riding them... you'll be fine soon(if you ride hard)...

thanks mate. i'll keep trying.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:49 Quote
i run a manitou splice comp. People say it is a piece of crap but it works and it is smooth... sure the travel is only 100mm but i give it a 8 out of 10 for the travel being small

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 13:59 Quote
05 Sherman Flick plus 11/10
06 Travis 150 single intrinsic 11/10
04 Sherman Breakout 9/10
06 Nixon super 8/10

soon to be a Gold label 2 and 07 Travis 203 travis single. hope they are just as good.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009791
Mobile Version of Website