Dislocated and fractured shoulder, any advice reassurance anything! With link to video of crash

PB Forum :: Fitness, Training and Health
Dislocated and fractured shoulder, any advice reassurance anything! With link to video of crash
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 22, 2016 at 9:09 Quote
Any ideas on best recovery, how soon to get back on the bike any help advice please? https://www.pinkbike.com/video/450937/

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 9:25 Quote
If it happens again let the doctor reduce it, you can do more damage trying to do it incorrectly.

I've separated my shoulder and best thing is to listen to your doctor and physical therapist. Your shoulder will be weak and you need to rebuild the range of motion and strength before pushing too hard again.

Amazing how what appears to be a light low side crash can cause so much damage. I recently dislocated my foot when I slipped a pedal. No, crash :/

Good luck, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

From the recovery couch,
Troy

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 21:45 Quote
Gttroy wrote:
If it happens again let the doctor reduce it, you can do more damage trying to do it incorrectly.

I've separated my shoulder and best thing is to listen to your doctor and physical therapist. Your shoulder will be weak and you need to rebuild the range of motion and strength before pushing too hard again.

Amazing how what appears to be a light low side crash can cause so much damage. I recently dislocated my foot when I slipped a pedal. No, crash :/

Good luck, and hope you have a speedy recovery.

From the recovery couch,
Troy

Yes,I agree with you Gttroy, doctor's concern is important because every problem is not solved by us we must concern physical therapist..

http://www.tupalo.co/new-york-city/seo-resellers-usa-digital-marketing-seo-virtual-assistants

Posted: Aug 22, 2016 at 1:54 Quote
Ouch, definitely see a doctor next time. I had a friend try to re-seat a dislocated shoulder and tore all of the rotator cuff muscles, was out for a year and was fairly tentative about exercise after that.

Posted: Sep 14, 2016 at 12:05 Quote
Firebladez2029 wrote:
Any ideas on best recovery, how soon to get back on the bike any help advice please? https://www.pinkbike.com/video/450937/

You're probably doing PT by now- hopefully doing much better!.

Got my type 3 separated shoulder a week ago 9/5- and two fractured ribs for good measure on a decent followed by a step down.

Whats helped me is Resting the arm from gravity, ICE in 30min cycles, followed by some Electrotherapy in 15 min cycles. During the day i do Tai Chi movements- soft, fluid to help ROM and prep me for strengthening.

Yesterday i picked up 10lbs dumbbell and did various arm isolation exercises- still no strength on forward raises; I suspect this will take another month or two- in that time im considering surgery.

This is pretty common injury- but I've been wondering how many of us return to the section of the accident after recovering.

Posted: Sep 21, 2016 at 0:29 Quote
Thanks everybody. Its coming on now, building range of movement after surgery. Had a couple of screws put in to help displaced bone heal properly. Managed to have a gentle pedal on the bike offroad but still very weak. Was lucky not to have damaged anything other than bone and some sensory nerve damage.

Posted: Oct 23, 2016 at 19:58 Quote
glad to hear you still have range of motion post surgery. I dislocated mine 4 weeks ago. Just saw the doctor last week for a follow up but I still have numbness and limited ROM. Got to go for an MRI and see a neurologist to see why. I don't mind carrying an injury through winter but want to be ready for next spring. I'm worried I'm heading for surgery now. Good luck with yours!
photo

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.009980
Mobile Version of Website