Benefits of riser bars?

• Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 12:13 Quote
What are the benefits to riser bars? I have a canyon strive al 6 race which came with raceface respond bars with a 13mm rise, I've been considering buying the same bars but with a 38mm rise as I've read a higher rise makes steep descents easier. Any help appreciated ????

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 12:18 Quote
Davidverrall wrote:
What are the benefits to riser bars? I have a canyon strive al 6 race which came with raceface respond bars with a 13mm rise, I've been considering buying the same bars but with a 38mm rise as I've read a higher rise makes steep descents easier. Any help appreciated ????

i ride a 40mm rise bar due to not having enough steer tube to stack spacers, its just a preference of reach level for me...dont like being hunched over the front

Posted: Jul 30, 2016 at 17:52 Quote
Pros: It will reduce your reach if you find the bike is too long (Helps if your back is getting sore), and if your tracks are steep, you will be more centered on the bike rather than hanging off the back.

Cons: If your tracks aren't particularly steep, you will loose a little bit front wheel traction as your weight is now centered further back on the bike.

20mm rise is usually a happy balance for most people. Also depends how tall you are.

Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 8:29 Quote
High rise bars make jumping more comfortable.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv56 0.008924
Mobile Version of Website