New Slayer for 2017!

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
New Slayer for 2017!
  • Previous Page
Posted: Jul 31, 2016 at 11:12 Quote
Heard a rumour that there's a new Slayer in pipeline,anybody else heard anything?

O+
Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 6:33 Quote
no details have been released yet about it however there have been some prototype shots at the EWS posted on vital mtb. the official release for 2017 models is interbike so not long to wait.

Posted: Aug 2, 2016 at 8:31 Quote
Can't wait,loved my old slayer

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 17:37 Quote
Yeah they are about to do some sort of media release.
The shots from the last euro EWS stop and then Tippie has posted a couple of Instagram shots of realer rides that afford partial looks at a bike with a yellow and black color scheme that is likely the Slayer.
A further indication is that all the guys in the picture are throwing their horns. A very Slayer (or Maiden) type maneuver, and it was all single crown forks.
All very geeky I know, but I'm excited.

O+
Posted: Aug 4, 2016 at 17:39 Quote
Also, "new Slayer in the pipeline" could be a confusing statement when it comes to discussing Rocky Mountain bike models.

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 12:32 Quote
Watch for a release this weekend at Crankworks.
The EWS team are on the new slayers for group rides posted on Instagram, and Vanderham and Florian Nicolai were in Fernie shooting footage with them. The pictures I have seen of the Black and Yellow version (looks like matte finish) look great!

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 23:46 Quote
Who's Instagram was it on? It might be a bit close to rease it by crankworx with a video, but it's obviously close to launch. Looks like Carson Storch is on a carbon slope style bike now as well so that could be in the lineup for 2017

O+
Posted: Aug 10, 2016 at 7:19 Quote
Rumor is it's being officially released on the 15th...

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 9:00 Quote
@rockymountainbicycles had the photo in Fernie
@jessemelamed had a video from a group ride our in Squamish that had a good shot of Remi Gauvin on one.
Also @bretttippie has had two shots of dealer group rides that show them a little.
I'm pretty sure that all of the Rally team have been riding them this week, so if they are astride them for the EWS race it would make sense to release it before the race on Sunday.
Then again I'm no marketing guru, perhaps the best way to launch a new bike is to have it in front of the podium for the top team awards.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 13:50 Quote
Further to that, Remi just posted some footage of team members getting off the lift in Whistler. Looks to me like they are on Altitudes again.

O+
Posted: Aug 11, 2016 at 15:14 Quote
Ah I have seen all of that and the details I know it looks awesome but could not put it up to the public. Not even the uk distributors have info on it yet, I knew more than one of the guys there!

Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 16:38 Quote
Unsecure image, only https images allowed: http://imgur.com/WTSd7co
edit: pinkbike isn't showing the photo, just click on it to see

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 19:14 Quote
At this point I'm mostly just impressed at how well Rocky is controlling the release. I have been watching EWS Crankworks coverage and at least two of their athletes are riding the Slayer and I haven't seen a clear image yet. I guess that just shows what a small industry it is. They are able to get all the primary photographers and outlets to agree to limit imagery. Not even the team podium shot has been on any of the recaps yet. That would be a great time to roll one of the Slayers out for show. Although Jessie did stick to the Altitude (and it seemed to work just fine for for him). I'm sure it will get released in the next few days.

O+
Posted: Aug 15, 2016 at 20:21 Quote
LOL, yeah. I came scampering back here to report the VitalMTB shots, but you beat me to it.

Looks great, fantastic lines.

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.010514
Mobile Version of Website