Introducing myself and a question or two.

PB Forum :: Specialized
Introducing myself and a question or two.
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
Posted: Aug 1, 2016 at 14:12 Quote
Hi all,

Well after not cycling in about 30 years decided to take it up,,,, being getting old and all that!

Bought a 2016 Specialized Pitch Sport 6 weeks ago and really happy with it. Started off doing 10 mile runs on roads and parks. Increased that to 20 and 30 mile trips round a wind farm near me that has gravel tracks, a lot of gradients and rough terrain.

Bought a couple of things since getting bike,,, all Specialized of course, helmet, EZ Cage II and bottle. Now bought a Speedzone Sport Wireless Computer but the instructions are vague to say the least!!!

What I would like to know is how close to the wheel hub do you place the sensor? I know you input your wheel size but surely this has a bearing on it also?
I am going to install it on the steering collar stem,, will it connect ok on a L Specialized MTB frame size?
What is the small square adhesive foam pad for, again no mention in instructions.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Scott.

O+
Posted: Aug 3, 2016 at 23:50 Quote
Hey, hopefully I can help a little. I've installed a few of these computers.

1) The closer to the head unit the better, but the instructions should mention what the maximum distance. (Something like 25 inches rings a bell not very sure though) since the sensor needs to be spaced 2mm away from the magnet you can't go too high on the fork either because it gets harder to make it read at that angle.

2) I don't know how perfect you would have to be, but it can't make much difference if you are off by a few millimeters. While you are setting up the computer when you get to the wheel size portion you'll have to do a manual input. The instruction booklet should also explain this. You'll see a four digit number when scrolling through the wheels sizes, and that's what you'll have to use. Pressing and holding the "set" (I think) button will let you change that number to the proper circumference of your tire. I usually Google the tire circumference chart from cateye.

3)Never had a problem before. Don't know why you would now.

4) If you are talking about what I think you are talking about, it's for the handlebar mount bracket. Ignore it. Or utilize it as a door bumper. Doesn't matter. Since you've elected to use the stem mount you'll never need it.

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv65 0.008219
Mobile Version of Website