rims- Are halo's any good

PB Forum :: Bikes, Parts, and Gear
rims- Are halo's any good
  • Previous Page
Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 11:06 Quote
Im looking for some halo's i dont realy care wat ones just as long as they can take alot of bangs. Some people say "there made of cheese" so tell me what you think.

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 11:09 Quote
i have some halo sas for about 6 months and used for dj'ing and never re-tightened the spokes and there still perfect and straight.i would recomend them as they have been good so far for me

Posted: Feb 6, 2008 at 11:57 Quote
basically halo make some average rims. the sas to be fair are very strong but pretty heavy, 48spk is for idiots really. halo hubs are fine (providing they arnt diatech) and the djd hubs are exellent. people who have said halo wheels are cheese are talking about the spokes, if you ride hardcore than halo spokes arent very good.
if you want halo build up a rim with decent spokes

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:22 Quote
gutkrencher wrote:
basically halo make some average rims. the sas to be fair are very strong but pretty heavy, 48spk is for idiots really. halo hubs are fine (providing they arnt diatech) and the djd hubs are exellent. people who have said halo wheels are cheese are talking about the spokes, if you ride hardcore than halo spokes arent very good.
if you want halo build up a rim with decent spokes
cheers for ur help

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:25 Quote
i running a 48hole sas on geisha had it nearly 3 months and not a single prob !!!
and im hard on rear wheels !!!

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:26 Quote
what about there hubs

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:28 Quote
cant really say but the hubs
but the spindoctors seems to be very reliable

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
im lookin 2 spend £200 for a pair if that helps

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:29 Quote
I bought a Gold SAS 48 spoke wheel the other month took about 3 rides or so for it to go out of true, however i havent seen it get any worse since then. Using it for downhill. I'd say whatever hub it had was pretty good nice clicking noise haha and feels pretty smooth.

The only downside is the weight i guess.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
Basically if you want a heavy wheelset that will outlast every other bike part you have then they are the rim for you. They are a bit overkill but if you are that kind of person that enjoys knowing you have a super durable bike, you will like them.

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:31 Quote
attomicben wrote:
what do you need ?
eg. hubs ? single speed ?
what will they be used for ?
do you want a wheel set ?

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:32 Quote
nutty247 wrote:
attomicben wrote:
what do you need ?
eg. hubs ? single speed ?
what will they be used for ?
do you want a wheel set ?
8 spd casset
a pair
mainly for dh i guess

FL
Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:39 Quote
go for a TORNADO wheelset if you want halo, lighter than sas, still a strong set which will take the bangs with 32spokes up front, 36h rear. or if you are a weight weenie and still want the strength go for halo freedom wheelset. their white limited edition chris smith set is nice.
im not a huge fan of halo but they are good when you have a low budget like your self. im looking at wheels n 200 is bit to low for a custom build.
save up and get transition revoluyion, becuase i amSmile

Posted: Feb 7, 2008 at 12:41 Quote
antmtbr wrote:
go for a TORNADO wheelset if you want halo, lighter than sas, still a strong set which will take the bangs with 32spokes up front, 36h rear. or if you are a weight weenie and still want the strength go for halo freedom wheelset. their white limited edition chris smith set is nice.
im not a huge fan of halo but they are good when you have a low budget like your self. im looking at wheels n 200 is bit to low for a custom build.
save up and get transition revoluyion, becuase i amSmile
naaa i cant save up ill spend it on somthin else. lol, thanks for ur help

• Previous Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.019869
Mobile Version of Website