Maiden park or world cup?

PB Forum :: Rocky Mountain Bikes
Maiden park or world cup?
  • Previous Page
  • Next Page
O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 20:57 Quote
Any body have any experience in riding both? I've heard bad things about the BOS.. wondering if the Xfusion stuff on the park model is good enough to ride until an upgrade is needed?

O+
Posted: Aug 8, 2016 at 23:44 Quote
If I were you I'd go for the park if your worried about Bos. From what I have heard the fusion stuff is good for the price. I got the World Cup frame only and then changed the shock and built it how I wanted. Don't forget that you can run 26" wheels so if you have parts you can switch them over, some of the rocky team riders are still using 26".

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 11:41 Quote
I think I'm going to go with the park.. how do you like the Maiden?

frampo wrote:
If I were you I'd go for the park if your worried about Bos. From what I have heard the fusion stuff is good for the price. I got the World Cup frame only and then changed the shock and built it how I wanted. Don't forget that you can run 26" wheels so if you have parts you can switch them over, some of the rocky team riders are still using 26".

O+
Posted: Aug 9, 2016 at 12:04 Quote
Love it, spent 11 days in the Alps on it and never missed a beat.

Posted: Sep 15, 2016 at 7:13 Quote
Howdy!

I recently picked up a Maiden Pro and I was wondering if you guys have figured out the ride-4 system? I can't find any literature online. Also, have you guys noticed that theseason bikes are kind of loud? Any suggestions for quieting mine down?

O+
Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 1:08 Quote
DirtyHal wrote:
Howdy!

I recently picked up a Maiden Pro and I was wondering if you guys have figured out the ride-4 system? I can't find any literature online. Also, have you guys noticed that theseason bikes are kind of loud? Any suggestions for quieting mine down?

the bottom corner closest to the BB (diagonal) is the slackest position and the furthest corner from the BB (diagonal) is the steepest. i always run mine in the slackest position as do most if not all of the Team riders.

when you say loud, in what way?

Posted: Sep 16, 2016 at 8:47 Quote
frampo wrote:
DirtyHal wrote:
Howdy!

the bottom corner closest to the BB (diagonal) is the slackest position and the furthest corner from the BB (diagonal) is the steepest. i always run mine in the slackest position as do most if not all of the Team riders.

when you say loud, in what way?

Awesome, that's exactly what I was looking for.

By loud, I mean mine seems to make a clacking noise. I can't figure out where it's coming from though, I'm assuming drive train but I'm not sure. The plan is to take the chain off and do a run this weekend and see if it quiets down.

Posted: Oct 5, 2016 at 14:00 Quote
Also, I just read that Rocky recalled the shock mounting hardware on the maidens. Do any of you know about this?

*EDIT*

I spoke to rocky and the correct shock mounting hardware will be silver. The first batch was black and should be recalled.

O+
Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 9:39 Quote
Mine makes the same noise... I think it's the chain hitting the chainstay protector

I haven't seen the shock mount recall info.. any link to it?

Posted: Nov 11, 2016 at 9:50 Quote
Tim118 wrote:
Mine makes the same noise... I think it's the chain hitting the chainstay protector

I haven't seen the shock mount recall info.. any link to it?

I don't think there's been an announcement, I just read about it in this article: http://nsmb.com/2017-rocky-mountain-maiden/ and emailed rocky about it.

• Previous Page
  • Next Page

Copyright © 2000 - 2024. Pinkbike.com. All rights reserved.
dv42 0.008054
Mobile Version of Website